Michael Barlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, he was very good too. I noticed the ABC Footballer of the Year voting they gave Hill 3 votes and Barlow 2. I think Sandi got the 1.

I just can't stop thinking about that 40 metre lace out pass to Ballantyne in the last (?) quarter which he then dropped.

He should be forgiven though, not even Superman could have clamped that fireball.

I just can't stop thinking about that 40 metre lace out pass to Ballantyne in the last (?) quarter which he then dropped.

He should be forgiven though, not even Superman could have clamped that fireball.

:D I think it might have actually been Pavlich. Either or I remember the kick and wasn't it a rocket. Would not have got higher than chest height over the full 40m.

Lets just hope that Barlow doesnt get "Fremantled". We have a bad record of taking promising debutants and then sending their careers into a lengthy plateua.
it's reall disapointing to here a freo supporter say this. Are you saying if a player plays at freo long enough they will go bad just because they play at freo. something i'd expect for an eagle poster.:(

it's reall disapointing to here a freo supporter say this. Are you saying if a player plays at freo long enough they will go bad just because they play at freo. something i'd expect for an eagle poster.:(

It was an attempt at humour. Dont read to much into it buddy.

The term "Fremantled" could mean alot of different things - depends on your perspective.

Lets just hope that Barlow doesnt get "Fremantled". We have a bad record of taking promising debutants and then sending their careers into a lengthy plateua.
Why would any Freo supporter post rubbish like that?
Opposition posters would be carded for that term on our board,how come this twat can get away with it:mad:

Why would any Freo supporter post rubbish like that?
Opposition posters would be carded for that term on our board,how come this twat can get away with it:mad:

Perhaps my status as a lovable rogue on this board saves me? Alternatively, it may be because I am a 10 year member of the club.

I have never called Dean Solomon a cancer. Solomon's hard at it approach was exactly what the club needed. His elbow to Cameron Ling's cheekbone is still a favourite of mine.

It was an attempt at humour. Dont read to much into it buddy.

The term "Fremantled" could mean alot of different things - depends on your perspective.
fair enough. Id very strongly suggest to never use it again referring to our players otherwise you will get the same outcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So 30,000 got to see the birth of what looks like a Freo champ. Only the die hards get rewarded in footy. Who claims they were there?

Anyway, going to be closer to a sell out in a fortnight you'd think, particularly if you win away against Essendon. Just hope the media attention and spotlight doesnt put too much pressure on him.

The magic of new blood at the beginning of a new season eh :footy:

I saw him play virtually every game he played for Werribee during his two years with us and loved every minute of watching him play. :thumbsu:

Perhaps my status as a lovable rogue on this board saves me? Alternatively, it may be because I am a 10 year member of the club.

Not long enough IMO GJ ! I'm of a longer persuasion and what you said is tantamount to traitorville IMO ! Happy to have a beer over it, but !
Your shout of course.
icon11.gif

I can't decide whether I want a number 1, 8, 23, 29, 31 or 32 guernsey. Two years ago it would have been 29 without a doubt but how things have changed.

In pretty much the same boat. It would have been 29 for many years. Last year it was going to be 40, but I got a number free one, but now its going to be 21 for sure. I recommend you get Balla. He would be my 2nd choice now

this guy is a monster. fremantle deserve some luck but this is ridiculous 2 years in a row!!

Might have to put a few bucks on him for the Brownlow. He's noticeable to the point that you are just drawn to watch him. Sure it's not luck though, other clubs have seen him before, they just wouldn't give him a crack at the top level. He's an absolute star in the making.

this guy is a really good player. I was thinking that we were getting a Priddis type high possession but ineffective plodder but instead we have a player who is a real influence around the contests

Might have to put a few bucks on him for the Brownlow. He's noticeable to the point that you are just drawn to watch him. Sure it's not luck though, other clubs have seen him before, they just wouldn't give him a crack at the top level. He's an absolute star in the making.

I got $101 on him to lead Freo's brownlow count, looking pretty good

this guy is a really good player. I was thinking that we were getting a Priddis type high possession but ineffective plodder but instead we have a player who is a real influence around the contests

Yep, was thinking only half an hour ago that he was an upgrade on Priddis, especially, but not restricted to, his kicking. Doesn't try and do too much with the ball, let's it talk. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Barlow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back