Michael Hibberd

Remove this Banner Ad

Neville Jetta? He's our best lock down small defender. Once again you're demonstrating your lack of knowledge about our team, Salem has also been injured for most of the year and Matt Jones plays on the wing, when he actually plays which is rare because he's spent most of his time at Casey.

You're out of your depth. But at least you're not resorting to pathetic name calling like you have been doing. I can't be bothered with you any more, you don't read anything and you make ridiculous comments without anything to back it up, you still haven't answered the question of why our form in 2015 would be relevant to this discussion.

Go away

Hibberd is better than Neville Jetta, Hibberd is better than Christian Salem.

Hibberd would instantly become your best defender.

Trying to avoid me now as facts are begining to usurp your opinion on how low you rate Hibbo.

Hibberd is a best 22 player and would walk into your team. FACT!

Hibberd is better than Neville Jetta, Hibberd is better than Christian Salem.

Hibberd would instantly become your best defender.

Trying to avoid me now as facts are begining to usurp your opinion on how low you rate Hibbo.

Hibberd is a best 22 player and would walk into your team. FACT!

Hibberd isn't as good as Vince so you're wrong, we've already worked this out, why do you keep repeating something that's wrong?

I've had enough, you're on ignore

Hibberd isn't as good as Vince so you're wrong, we've already worked this out, why do you keep repeating something that's wrong?

He's right though, no point in having a sook just because you're losing an argument.

So tough.

While you're at it, why not hide under your bed, put your fingers in your ears and chant 'nah nah nah nah nah' and hope it all goes away?

Hodor's been taking a flogging lately.

He's right though, no point in having a sook just because you're losing an argument.
That's like telling a dog 'there's no point' licking his balls.

It's in his nature.

I kind of agree with the no second rounder thing... we gave 24 or 25 for Vince (as a similar age) and he had won a B+F at Adelaide, and is, I think a better player.

I would happily give a second though if the Bombers took Jack Grimes and paid him enough to get a third round comp pick.

Melbourne In: Hibberd and Third Round Pick; Out: 2nd Round Pick, J. Grimes
Essendon - In: 2nd Round Pick and Grimes; Out: Hibberd
AFL - Out: 3rd Round Pick

Everybody wins (except the other 16 teams - which lose, but only a little bit).

In the real world, Essendon got fair deals for Melksham, Carlisle, Ryder all while everybody else was telling us that our players were going to walk for nothing and there was nothing we could do about it. I'll believe we're not in a position to negotiate a fair deal when Hibberd formally states that he intends to leave this club for nothing. Until that extremely unlikely moment in time comes, Hibberd will be traded at a market price determined by the Essendon Football Club.
Since when did the Ryder trade become a fair deal????

Hibberd is a better defender than Bernie Vince. You are wrong. You can try and make your case as much as you want but facts are facts.

Ive had enough arguing, you tell yourself enough times your right and you genuinely think you are when the facts are telling you otherwise.

wtf is going on in here
tumblr_n89fkrsbtR1tfrpzro1_400.gif

Isn't the market price determined by the market?

No such thing as market price in the AFL anyway, given the player has veto rights on trades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hibberd is better than any defender you currently have. Would allow Vince to play midfield minutes where he would benefit you better.
I would argue Jetta's year has been up there with Hibberd's best footy. Different role (lockdown v rebounder) but arguably similar.
For mine, Hibberd would either release Salem to a wing or their reliance on Lumumba, who can do some erratic things with the ball.

Melksham would likely then be used in defence (why i don't know, but whatever, if thats what Goodwin wants to do), and Vince back into the middle.
Brayshaw and Petracca then rotate mid and forward and do their natural damage.

Not a bad target if they can get it done for a good price (top 25 pick would be about right)

but i'd be surprised if he moves in all honesty. Would likely be a good offer if he was to

I would argue Jetta's year has been up there with Hibberd's best footy. Different role (lockdown v rebounder) but arguably similar.

No way. Jetta isn't as good as Baguley and we can all agree that Hibberd's 2013/2014 was better than anything Baguley has produced.

:D Where'd you pull this 30% from? He's not coming back from any major injuries. He's worth a second rounder & that's what the deal will end up being if he chooses to leave.

Let's just bookmark this and see shall we.

Are you saying there is no loss in value to to being a convicted performance enhancing drug taker and spending 12 months away from the game?

Since when did the Ryder trade become a fair deal????

"Fair deal" .... think you are missing the underlying issues ... with both Hibberd & Hurley.

1/ Neither owe Bombers anything after what the club has put them thru !!!!!
2/ Will Essendon pay them "compensation" via massively improved contracts???

AFL football is a business ... if you think you got screwed via the Ryder deal you ain't seen nothing yet.

BUT understand if you are prepared to financially compensate all ( which I doubt you can ) then the only reason you are doing that is because you know the deals wont be fair!!!

Attempting to financially compensate them all is going to massively impact your salary cap for years to come ... you will be massively constrained during Free agency negotiations and the trade table.

IMHO it was a blessing in disguise you moved on Ryder, Melksham & Carlisle .... imagine they had stayed OMG it would have been carnage.

"Fair deal" .... think you are missing the underlying issues ... with both Hibberd & Hurley.

1/ Neither owe Bombers anything after what the club has put them thru !!!!!
2/ Will Essendon pay them "compensation" via massively improved contracts???

AFL football is a business ... if you think you got screwed via the Ryder deal you ain't seen nothing yet.

BUT understand if you are prepared to financially compensate all ( which I doubt you can ) then the only reason you are doing that is because you know the deals wont be fair!!!

Attempting to financially compensate them all is going to massively impact your salary cap for years to come ... you will be massively constrained during Free agency negotiations and the trade table.

IMHO it was a blessing in disguise you moved on Ryder, Melksham & Carlisle .... imagine they had stayed OMG it would have been carnage.

The new CBA will offset any ballooning contracts.

Don't mind paying a premium for a truly good KPP ;):D

Let's just bookmark this and see shall we.

Are you saying there is no loss in value to to being a convicted performance enhancing drug taker and spending 12 months away from the game?

We shall see. The risk of a lengthy suspension hanging over our players didn't stop clubs from trading them in. We got some high draft picks for players such as Carlisle, who now sit on the sidelines. Now that that risk is gone, there is even more reason to believe that the drug saga isn't going to impact trades too much.

I kind of agree with the no second rounder thing... we gave 24 or 25 for Vince (as a similar age) and he had won a B+F at Adelaide, and is, I think a better player.

I would happily give a second though if the Bombers took Jack Grimes and paid him enough to get a third round comp pick.

Melbourne In: Hibberd and Third Round Pick; Out: 2nd Round Pick, J. Grimes
Essendon - In: 2nd Round Pick and Grimes; Out: Hibberd
AFL - Out: 3rd Round Pick

Everybody wins (except the other 16 teams - which lose, but only a little bit).

Grimes is a hack. Why would Essendon take your scraps to facilitate a trade for a player they don't want to lose.

Hibberd is a better defender than Bernie Vince. You are wrong. You can try and make your case as much as you want but facts are facts.

Ive had enough arguing, you tell yourself enough times your right and you genuinely think you are when the facts are telling you otherwise.

Facts are bern has 2 b& fs how many does hibberd have?

Facts are bern has 2 b& fs how many does hibberd have?

As a midfielder yeah.

Facts are that Hibberd was spoken about as being close to the All Australian squad as a defender which is what this discussion is about.

When Bernie is spoken in the same breath, then we might have an argument.

As it stands, Hibberd is a better defender than Vince. Period/

Remove this Banner Ad

Michael Hibberd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back