Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

T

That would be fantastic, but Sayers with his infinite wisdom has already come out and told the world that “Vossy is our coach through to the end of 2023” 🤦‍♂️ that’s giving strength to what he’s currently doing - not suggesting change
They are his comments in the public domain which is totally understandable.

l am sure their are conversations going on behind closed doors that are quite different.

Yeah, I can see this happening. Some of the recent examples of teams sticking with a head coach and then getting success (Hardwick, Goodwin) have taken this approach.

I feel if we can do this right, it will be a sign the club is growing up. You know, like the club has been an adolescent who falls head-over-heels in love with a new coach, only to freak out and break up when things start to get difficult. I look forward to the day that the club can mature and actually make it through those rocky adjustments, so that the longer term relationship can reap benefits that are better than just mere infatuation with the next new thing.

I am worried reading rumours about 'faceless power brokers' rearing their ugly head in the background again and try pressure the board into making a coaching change.

Next 3 games are phenomenally important, hopefully we can win at least 1 perhaps 2.
This result would give Voss some respite, otherwise constant critical analysis and pressure may just become untenable to continue.

Next 3 games are phenomenally important, hopefully we can win at least 1 perhaps 2.
This result would give Voss some respite, otherwise constant critical analysis and pressure may just become untenable to continue.
If we win three we’re back in business baby lol

To be fair, Vossy is not the only person at the club /Match Commitee who has the final say on the Ins and Outs of the starting 22 at AFL level.

What you are implying here is that Voss wants to play Dow but is being overruled by other members of the match committee?

That seems a long bow, even for Carlton. Ok, it wouldn't totally surprise me, but it would be extraordinary even for us. Then again, we did have a board member force his way into the rooms post game and yell at everyone so much we had to replace him so who knows how much of a shambles we are

What you are implying here is that Voss wants to play Dow but is being overruled by other members of the match committee?

That seems a long bow, even for Carlton. Ok, it wouldn't totally surprise me, but it would be extraordinary even for us. Then again, we did have a board member force his way into the rooms post game and yell at everyone so much we had to replace him so who knows how much of a shambles we are

My personal theory (not opinion, just an educated guess) is that Paddy Dow from (likely board level) was told not to be played again in the seniors from board level (like Lachie Henderson many years ago), he clearly wanted out (understandably tbh) at the end of last season, unfortunately we (and esp him) couldn't find any club willing to trade for him and his remaining year of his contract.

Michael Voss may be many things, but he doesn't strike me as a mug that would willingly leave out one of the VFL best performers this season out of spite/ignorance.

I sadly suspect that this is another case of meddling club politics/interference.

Hahaha still no Dow, I’m done with this MF
I get feeling frustrated, believe me I do. But a refusal to play a player - for me under the last regime, it was Ramsay; a player who had done everything but debut - is not a sufficient reason to refer to the coach (or match committee) as a mother****er.

Do it again, and you'll find yourself threadbanned.

Question: I’ve been speaking to a lot of blues fans and it’s almost unanimous that this has been the most disassociated and unemotionally invested with the club that they have been. Is this consistent with you?

We’ve gone through some hard times the last 20 years but I feel the clubs connection in the fans is the worst it’s ever been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My personal theory (not opinion, just an educated guess) is that Paddy Dow from (likely board level) was told not to be played again in the seniors from board level (like Lachie Henderson many years ago), he clearly wanted out (understandably tbh) at the end of last season, unfortunately we (and esp him) couldn't find any club willing to trade for him and his remaining year of his contract.

Michael Voss may be many things, but he doesn't strike me as a mug that would willingly leave out one of the VFL best performers this season out of spite/ignorance.

I sadly suspect that this is another case of meddling club politics/interference.

This is actually very, very funny.

Question: I’ve been speaking to a lot of blues fans and it’s almost unanimous that this has been the most disassociated and unemotionally invested with the club that they have been. Is this consistent with you?

We’ve gone through some hard times the last 20 years but I feel the clubs connection in the fans is the worst it’s ever been.
Could have thrown us a bone with Dow. We aren't getting joy from anything else the club is bringing.

I get feeling frustrated, believe me I do. But a refusal to play a player - for me under the last regime, it was Ramsay; a player who had done everything but debut - is not a sufficient reason to refer to the coach (or match committee) as a mother*er.

Do it again, and you'll find yourself threadbanned.

What about when the coach has a public laugh at Dow's non selection at his presser, tittering away like a 7year old?

asking for a friend.

I genuinely could not tell you. I feel rather involved; if we lose, it hangs over me until our next game, or until I've considered our next game.

I do not know how to compare how involved/not involved I am, but that could be because I was involved deeply in the degrees of defeat in 2017-18.

When anything other than loss is unexpected, you need to adjust those expectations to start to feel cheated. I don't know about a lot of us, but while I am frustrated I do not know that I feel cheated.

Aside from faint memories of '95, all of my memories of Carlton are of defeat and ignominy. Being judged accurately - and not getting belted for shit that isn't really our fault - is a step up for people like me. We aren't as good as we should be, and that feeling is a good deal more righteous than it might otherwise be.

Does that answer your question?

asking for a friend
Lol.
What about when the coach has a public laugh at Dow's non selection at his presser, tittering away like a 7year old?
I genuinely don't especially care how our coach interacts with the 24 hour media cycle, while I recognise that others might. I'm not going to ban someone for an opinion espoused in such circumstances.

But calling our coach a MF is a bridge too far for me.

Could have thrown us a bone with Dow. We aren't getting joy from anything else the club is bringing.
When he has previously played, posters took great “joy” in seemingly blaming Dow for everything from losing a footy game to the war on Ukraine.
Dow playing this week would only provide another avenue for supporters to vent at how shjt he/we are.

As a supporter for more than 50 years I can honestly say I have never been so dispassionate while watching our games.

I live in Sydney and have never missed a Carlton game here since I've been here. Until last week, couldn't be bothered.

Pretty similar vibe to the last few months of the Bolton and Teague eras imo. Except we seemingly have a decent list on paper.

An observation on the Blue Abroad podcast this week as well.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

As a supporter for more than 50 years I can honestly say I have never been so dispassionate while watching our games.

I live in Sydney and have never missed a Carlton game here since I've been here. Until last week, couldn't be bothered.
I am completely the same. I’m 30 and haven’t ever experienced any success with the club, but I continued to watch every single game no matter if we were losing by 100 points, but this year I’ve felt completely disinterested

I am completely the same. I’m 30 and haven’t ever experienced any success with the club, but I continued to watch every single game no matter if we were losing by 100 points, but this year I’ve felt completely disinterested

We play a very ugly style of football and our side is quite vanilla despite struggling with the fundamentals so badly.

Selection is predictable, results are predictable and we keep backing in the same names who have failed this year to suddenly turn the season around.

Very little to be excited about and we don't even have youth to talk about. Just the same old faces who choked when it mattered last year.

2015 would be the only other year in recent memory that I've felt as disinterested.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back