Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

No choice but to preserve, just as we’ve been doing for past 2 decades however Voss was a poor choice for head coach , considering the wilderness we’re in and the talent that was available for selection.
Pity that political correctness blurred the form & process, better coaches were ignored.

No choice but to preserve, just as we’ve been doing for past 2 decades however Voss was a poor choice for head coach , considering the wilderness we’re in and the talent that was available for selection.
Pity that political correctness blurred the form & process, better coaches were ignored.

Who was ignored?

Kick ass game plan, player development, improvement, finals & 3 flags does help the argument to “stick fat”

Ehhhhh fans and old guard wanted him gone in 2016.

I believe he started 0-9 with a percentage of 49% as well with Richmond.

If one‘s wondering , there’s the conservative obstacle glaring at us again, really no point stating the obvious. Wheels will keep turning , the process will play out, there’ll be changes when it’s politically correct to so.
Hopefully we get it right next time around.

Joined year 2 of rebuild. Finals about year 6. Voss situation isn't comparable.
So 4 years at the helm then before finals?? Regardless of where our rebuild is at we cut in half the time. We have a want now culture. Our players are just to blame as the coach...I've defended the players and how the coach is to blame but not any more...All the coaches in the world can't help that our players are mentally soft and refuse to execute under pressure. What is it now?? 4 or 5 coaches who haven't been able to fix that. There is a reason other teams see us a soft and beatable regardless of form. We intimidate no one. Soft group of players

I

Ehhhhh fans and old guard wanted him gone in 2016.

I believe he started 0-9 with a percentage of 49% as well with Richmond.
2013 15 wins, 2014 12 wins, 2015 15 wins, 2016 8 wins 2017 18 wins & a flag!
Completely different situation to us! U can understand why they were calling for him & why the club “stuck fat”.
We are currently going backwards!!!
When was the last time u can remember that the playing group was performing this badly & the game style so bad?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No coach or system can fix blokes who miss from 30 out, or handpass behind a player, or can't hit a 30 metre pass or miss tackles...the game was shot in the first 10 mins the other day...that is on the players will to come in with intensity and a will to fight. Don't give me the confidence rubbish...we have dropped our heads consistently for years. Time the players stepped up. The coach sacking merry go round has certainly accomplished nothing

So 4 years at the helm then before finals?? Regardless of where our rebuild is at we cut in half the time. We have a want now culture. Our players are just to blame as the coach...I've defended the players and how the coach is to blame but not any more...All the coaches in the world can't help that our players are mentally soft and refuse to execute under pressure. What is it now?? 4 or 5 coaches who haven't been able to fix that. There is a reason other teams see us a soft and beatable regardless of form. We intimidate no one. Soft group of players
There's plenty of nuance and blame for all involved. Players are as soft as an organisation allows them to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
No coach or system can fix blokes who miss from 30 out, or handpass behind a player, or can't hit a 30 metre pass or miss tackles...the game was shot in the first 10 mins the other day...that is on the players will to come in with intensity and a will to fight. Don't give me the confidence rubbish...we have dropped our heads consistently for years. Time the players stepped up. The coach sacking merry go round has certainly accomplished nothing
Make u a deal, Voss changes the game plan I promise u I won’t say a thing about him being sacked- actually I’ll get 100% behind him and call for patience. I wanna see the change first thou

Yeah they can and it happens a lot in all sports not just footy.

Players at the top level have the skills - through training standards, confidence, example setting, leadership or lack of etc these standards slip composure goes out the window and basic skills then fail.

It's down to the club to build that fortitude together. To focus on fundamentals and rebuild the confidence and enjoyment in football. The fact the group appears to be soft and lacking skills just screams the there's an issue with the way they train etc. Trying to pinpoint blame more accurate than that is foolhardy. It's on all involved.

When was the last time u can remember that the playing group was performing this badly & the game style so bad?

What a strange question.

We're not even half way through the year and we've already won more games than we did in some full seasons over the past 20 odd years.

Correct … I’m starting to understand now why the playing group didn’t get along with Stocker … he was the George Constanza of the playing group … disgraceful that a player with the qualities that we so desperately lack was let go …

Last edited:
If one‘s wondering , there’s the conservative obstacle glaring at us again, really no point stating the obvious. Wheels will keep turning , the process will play out, there’ll be changes when it’s politically correct to so.
Hopefully we get it right next time around.
How do we know that we got it wrong when we never give them time to prove themselves? I would suggest that the regular chopping and changing is where we get it wrong. Let's get to the end of this year, with a bit of luck we make the finals, if not we turn over the support staff that surrounds the coach and we push onto 2024 and see whether we can improve. For once, let's have the coach finish his contract.

What a strange question.

We're not even half way through the year and we've already won more games than we did in some full seasons over the past 20 odd years.
I haven’t been this dispirited with our play for years- even when we were completely shit we were ok to watch (some patches- other patches were completed ****ed).
I’ve been calling out that we have issues since mid last yr- it’s not just this year.
I believed we had turned the corner from being completely shit- with how we are playing we are right back there & we shouldn’t be!
The game plan is so so bad & that sits with Voss.

Last edited:
The players should be just as accountable as the coaches, I don't get the desire to absolve them of any responsibility.
Give them a game plan that works to their strengths & that they can play too- the standalone VFL coach literally called it out in game what we were going to do!
Give them something then hold them completely accountable! Selection integrity is a big part of accountability

I can't be the only one who after 10 mins can tell if we're switched on or not. Unfortunately I've played this game for years regardless of the coach. There is something about mental strength that alot of our players don't have.
I’ve been saying this since our capitulation last season when everybody was saying it would galvanise the group … I knew that it would have the opposite effect … they really need some mind therapy asap

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back