Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Go all out for Harwick. Despite his continual rebuffs. Try and try again.
Then finally promise the job to Chris Scott, until we decide he needs to go through a process.
Interview Yze, Graham and Caracalla several times…

Sign Dew for 3 years and pretend he’s been our man all along.

A lot of bullshit flying around by the club.
Really disappointing the club just empowered Voss to keep this shit game style happening & then pretending we won’t be sacking his stubborn ass if we lose the next 3-4 games playing “the system”.
It’s coming & it would have been wiser to STFU & just come out with “it’s an untenable position & we need to part ways” when the time comes.
We would then look a little less stupid when it happens.
Happy for this to turn a complete 180, but I can’t see Voss admitting the game plan doesn’t work & changing things up. He keeps painting himself further into the corner & we keep getting worse.

Go all out for Harwick. Despite his continual rebuffs. Try and try again.
Then finally promise the job to Chris Scott, until we decide he needs to go through a process.
Interview Yze, Graham and Caracalla several times…

Sign Dew for 3 years and pretend he’s been our man all along.

Are you sure you didn’t mean to post this in the Blumour thread? 😂

Hardwick has jumped ship due to losing his assistance. MaCrea, Leppitisch, Caracalla were the main architects behind their success. He has been found out since losing them but I have to admit, he is smart enough to jump before he is pushed. I hope we are smarter than that but.....
What are you smoking tonight Surrey. Dimma will be in the chair at ikon park very soon. Bookmark It!

Convince Dimma to coach (when the guy is cooked). Sack him 2 years later because his heart isn't in it and the players have dropped their bottom lips again. Yeah that sounds like us.

You forgot the part where we badmouth Dimma afterwards because he "lied" to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think 2024 will be:

Senior Coach: Voss
Mentor: Clarkson
Football Operations: Hardwick
Water Boy: Hinkley
Ground Keeper: Simpson
Boot Cleaner: Hird

Hopefully the budget doesn’t blow out too much.
Footage of Hird cleaning the boots of Carlton players would make me fine with a wooden spoon every year he did it.

A lot of bullshit flying around by the club.
Really disappointing the club just empowered Voss to keep this s**t game style happening & then pretending we won’t be sacking his stubborn ass if we lose the next 3-4 games playing “the system”.
It’s coming & it would have been wiser to STFU & just come out with “it’s an untenable position & we need to part ways” when the time comes.
We would then look a little less stupid when it happens.
Happy for this to turn a complete 180, but I can’t see Voss admitting the game plan doesn’t work & changing things up. He keeps painting himself further into the corner & we keep getting worse.
So your position is it’s all completely shit and hopeless and won’t change unless it does?

Little insight. I know a player who played under him at the Lions.

Said he is a good guy who would jump in front of a bus for his players and genuinely wants to do well.

But.. he is slow to process things and not a dynamic thinker. He is the guy in the room who says ‘hang on, can we slow down, can you take me through that again’.

He can’t think quickly with a layered approach, which is vitally important for a modern coach.

Also he said he has to write everything down as things are dicusssed, to remember/process it.

He said early last year ‘he’ll never make it, he just isn’t a smart bloke, he’s a foot soldier not a general, he is the tradie not the site manager’.

Anyway, this chat from an experienced player just stuck with me.

Take from this what you will, this ex-player might be wrong, but this was his account of him as a leader even when he was going ok last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back