Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Arrow do you actually think Voss can coach us to 17 .. you deep down believe it .. man if you do you have so much faith in mediocrity

Not happy with our setups, 6 defenders and a part time Doc. Play 7 defenders, with Doc in the middle

Our list isn't capable of playing manic, fast footy, we need to be more measured, composed

We are confused, lack connection

All of the above is on Voss

Players?

No ethos to sacrifice their game for a teammate. Poor execution, really poor, thats minimal impact from the gamplan, mostly a lack of care from players.

Lack of consistency in being selfless.

Ultimately, it could cost Voss his job, but if he does go, some players should follow

I never needed a coach to kick straight. As a coach, I never needed to teach players how to kick
You are right - it is less about technique and more about a mindset.
Coach plays a significant role in a positive belief which strongly impacts execution.
You can smell Harry and Charlie’s fear and lack of belief in front of goal. Coaches who encourage risk and forgive mistakes when doing so are likely to reduce tension and stress of skill execution, producing better results.

We're in a sticky situation bc we want to show the world that we're a mature, professional organisation, capable of stability ... and yet we are having arguably our most disappointing season of all.

3 losses into the bye and anything could happen.

Sack Voss, can't believe he kicked 6.15
Amazing how that's been a pattern under Voss. Poor accuracy. Almost as if they don't train it nor put any focus on fundamentals. Can't be Voss fault though. PlAyERs JuSt NeED TO ExeCUTe derrrrrrrrrr.

This coaching group can't even help a full forward maintain a simple kicking routine. Piss weak standards.

I don’t love Voss, but this isn’t on him tonight.. basic f a rk ing set shot goal misses by Charlie, Harry and Jesse should have put this game to bed.. the horrific skill execution is not the coaches fault.. if we execute tonight that’s a simple win..
Yes it is. Execution is a reflection of training standards.

You are right - it is less about technique and more about a mindset.
Coach plays a significant role in a positive belief which strongly impacts execution.
You can smell Harry and Charlie’s fear and lack of belief in front of goal. Coaches who encourage risk and forgive mistakes when doing so are likely to reduce tension and stress of skill execution, producing better results.

I don't buy that.

Harry nor Charlie have natural, sound, kicking techniques

Gov, Honey, Martin, Kennedy, Newman, Cotts, even Boyd have better kicking techniques

Amazing how that's been a pattern under Voss. Poor accuracy. Almost as if they don't train it nor put any focus on fundamentals. Can't be Voss fault though. PlAyERs JuSt NeED TO ExeCUTe derrrrrrrrrr.

This coaching group can't even help a full forward maintain a simple kicking routine. Piss weak standards.

Keep blaming the coach ST, from Bolton, to your anointment of Teague (then wanting him gone) and now Voss

Coaches don't kick poorly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bulk of the inaccuracy is coming from the slow ball movement and wide angle shots which we get as a result of how we’re playing and the game plan. We never have space in our forward line, it’s always crowded. Forwards don’t lead up at the ball. We simply don’t get any easy goals in open play. We control territory for large portions and then concede an easy goal the other way. It’s deflating because the player effort is there.

The modern game can’t all be about contested footy. It’s now more than ever about transition footy and scoring from turnovers. Voss coaches how he plays with a huge emphasis on contested footy. We win that most weeks. I’m not sure our mids can do much more. We need the outside layers to our game and unless Voss pivots on the game plan, we aren’t going anywhere under him.

A bulk of the inaccuracy is coming from the slow ball movement and wide angle shots which we get as a result of how we’re playing and the game plan. We never have space in our forward line, it’s always crowded. Forwards don’t lead up at the ball. We simply don’t get any easy goals in open play. We control territory for large portions and then concede an easy goal the other way. It’s deflating because the player effort is there.

The modern game can’t all be about contested footy. It’s now more than ever about transition footy and scoring from turnovers. Voss coaches how he plays with a huge emphasis on contested footy. We win that most weeks. I’m not sure our mids can do much more. We need the outside layers to our game and unless Voss pivots on the game plan, we aren’t going anywhere under him.
He's just throwing nonsense at the white board at the moment. 'AA quality Hb you can go be a bog average midfielder, Attacking goal kicking midfielder HF you can go be half back. Man I'm smart. '

Drums are beating. Lots of disharmony at senior levels.

It’s rarely, if ever, only the senior coach‘s fault, however, it is always the senior coach who cops it.

Rather than simply exiting Voss, the club needs to ask did it ever set him up for success? (Refer to assistant coaches and off field structure…)

If Voss is sacked, rather than another rinse and repeat, significant structural changes need to occur. Alternatively, and rather novelly, they could keep Voss and provide him with the appropriate support, i.e. not Hamill & Clarke for a start…..

I don't buy that.

Harry nor Charlie have natural, sound, kicking techniques

Gov, Honey, Martin, Kennedy, Newman, Cotts, even Boyd have better kicking techniques
Kicking techniques are overrated … it’s more about confidence in the process.
Not one of the top 30 AFL/VFL goalkickers have exactly the same technique. For example think about Buddy, Fev, Sticks, Richo …
Our guys are completely lacking in confidence. Too much ‘you are ok, it will come’ rather than demanding best practice.
They look like they fear the outcome rather than focus the on the process.
It’s my view coaches can play a massive role here.

Kicking techniques are overrated … it’s more about confidence in the process.
Not one of the top 30 AFL/VFL goalkickers have exactly the same technique. For example think about Buddy, Fev, Sticks, Richo …
Our guys are completely lacking in confidence. Too much ‘you are ok, it will come’ rather than demanding best practice.
They look like they fear the outcome rather than focus the on the process.
It’s my view coaches can play a massive role here.

Demanding best practice, like demanding they kick straight?

Players either have a sound technique or they don't

Todd Marshall kicks straight no matter whether Port win or lose

It’s rarely, if ever, only the senior coach‘s fault, however, it is always the senior coach who cops it.

Rather than simply exiting Voss, the club needs to ask did it ever set him up for success? (Refer to assistant coaches and off field structure…)

If Voss is sacked, rather than another rinse and repeat, significant structural changes need to occur. Alternatively, and rather novelly, they could keep Voss and provide him with the appropriate support, i.e. not Hamill & Clarke for a start…..
"structural changes will need to occur" it's said every time another coach goes.......

Exactly what I have been saying. This has been our issue post Parkin.

My theory, no one wants to work for us due to our reputation.

Oh man I hope and pray for that last bit... 8 coaches in 2 decades and this club is still no closer to nailing the recipe for success.

Sacking Voss is exactly the sugar hit that coach killing players crave. I say stuff the lot of them, wrap the required support around Voss (yes, I know that's a lot, but do it) and stop the tail wagging the dog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back