Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like the common denominator is the people running the club not getting it right.

I believe that no matter how well a club is doing, everything should be reviewed and be put through scrutiny every year.

I'll make it known I wasn't a fan of us getting Voss. It seems like his deficiencies are game plan, structure and tactics related. I do believe though if we can get that right we would see a completely different team play and players not looking so confused out there. You get a little doubt and confusion into your head you are more likely to make errors and in a fast paced game like AFL it's even easier to do so.

From what I've heard the club knows what Voss's weaknesses are and going to rectifiy them. Don't want to say too much since I have got in trouble before 😀

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are the Voss defenders happy with that? We'll try to play the same way next week and lose again. What does it take to make a change?

Last week we kicked 7 goals for the match and Voss came out and said we needed to work on our defensive structures. This week we manage 6 goals against a depleted opposition who had lost 4 of their last 5 matches.

The coach has two jobs: to put in place a game plan that suits the strengths of the players, and to motivate the players and get them in the right headspace to be successful. He is utterly failing on both counts.

Every time he is shown on match day he just sits there with a glazed expression on his face.

Season is over, and now we just count the days until the inevitable. We made Teague coach out the season and go through a pathetic 'review' when everyone could see he was a lame duck. Let's not be stupid enough to do the same again. Put him, and the fans out of their misery and offer some hope for next week.

Keep the coach, our players are the problem. I'm embarrassed for them. You can't keep blaming coaches for this stuff and have a revolving door of them coming and failing with this lot. Trade hard and send some on their way. Wouldn't be many I'd miss right now. Simple skills are pathetic.

Right

Let’s go for a full 5 year rebuild again

Keep the coach, our players are the problem. I'm embarrassed for them. You can't keep blaming coaches for this stuff and have a revolving door of them coming and failing with this lot. Trade hard and send some on their way. Wouldn't be many I'd miss right now. Simple skills are pathetic.
Well if the players are the problem why is he so blindly persistent with them. Where’s the accountability through selection?

I say the opposite. We have a team full of brilliant individuals which should on paper be kicking butt! But instead we are a lame duck! They are not working as a fluid team such as the Crows or Pies do. Therefore we need a different system and strategy urgently to get this team playing as a well oiled machine. It’s embarrassing right now that a list this good can be so crud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Michael Voss

Remove this Banner Ad

Back