Opinion Mick Malthouse

What is the next move on Mick?

• Sack him immediately; replacement coach to see out the year.

Votes: 192 48.9%
  • Let him coach out the year then show him the door.

Votes: 70 17.8%
  • Sign him now to give coaches and players some direction.

Votes: 81 20.6%
  • Not sure yet... still too angry to think clearly.

Votes: 50 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i used the afl ladder predictor and still had us sneaking in to the finals, it's just disappointing that we keep getting injuries every week, i reckon Mick has done a great job and have loved his after game press conferences, love how he doesn't hold back in his thoughts about the game

Recon mick is just going to experiment and get a good feel for this list, I can see us doing a west coast finishing down the bottom, get a couple more decent picks maybe a few smart trades and wham top 4 the following year.

I'm not really taking too much out if this year even though I hate losing and it infuriates me.

I cannot believe some here are deluding themselves about Ratten. Word as been going around the last few seasons that he was predictable and was easier to coach against. Great clubman, but not quite upto AFL coaching standard.

Even if we end up 0-5, no need to panic. This was always going to be a transition season. I expect an end of season clear out. I expect during the season to see Caz, Boots, Rowe and Watson coming in to the seniors whilst they are still developing as KP players.

Next season, will be another story. No excuses. If MM can't turn it around. I would expect us to go for Paul Roos.

No cause for alarm. Players and coaches are learning about each other. We have played 3 games. When the fixture came out many of us thought FMD. We have played two seriously good teams and a much improved Richmond. We have lost by a total of 38 points at an average of 12.7 points.

Would we - and Mick - have liked to have jagged one? You bet.

We have two very strong opponents in next two weeks. We are learning and we have performed well against formidable opposition. I'm confident that when we put it all together we are going put a lot of teams to the sword.

:eek: I guess the 'faceless men' - i.e. Matho and Jeanne Pratt have countless millions to squander on tearing up Mick's $3m contract.
They didn't pay for Ratten's contract to be torn up, despite having a say in the decision.

Not as disappointed as I expected to be after 3 losses, I guess I can see some light at the end of the tunnel.

It is not a case of us playing above expectations and still losing, if anything, I think we have been below our best and there is still room for improvement.

We will hand out some floggings before this season is done and it is way too early to say we will not make finals.

Chin up people!

I like to be topical. :oops: :rolleyes:

The incident with Selwood and Tuohy was great.

Shame Selwood wasn't playing in the nineties against Williams, Ratten and Brown. :cool:
Brown would run straight through him, Ratts would run him into the ground and Williams would just give him a good solid wack!

They didn't pay for Ratten's contract to be torn up, despite having a say in the decision.
I am feeling pretty pissed off about that TBH... if they are pushing the decisions they should be paying for them.

Personally i don't really care if we make finals or not this year...of course i would love to see us there, but agree with others that this was always going to be a season where we took a step or 2 backwards in order to press forward. I really believe our second half of this year will really see a vast improvement in all areas. Mick & co are just weeding and looking at the moment at what they've got and what they need(injuries of course aren't helping).

Problem for the club is, quite a large number of our supporter base wont accept a 2013 without finals....and the 45k members we'll get this year...might not be the number we get next year as a lot will crack the shits (read facebook after a loss ;)) and not resign in protest...

No cause for alarm. Players and coaches are learning about each other. We have played 3 games. When the fixture came out many of us thought FMD. We have played two seriously good teams and a much improved Richmond. We have lost by a total of 38 points at an average of 12.7 points.

Would we - and Mick - have liked to have jagged one? You bet.

We have two very strong opponents in next two weeks. We are learning and we have performed well against formidable opposition. I'm confident that when we put it all together we are going put a lot of teams to the sword.

Could not agree more. :thumbsu: As I said in another thread we have lost 3 quarters and they have cost us 3 games. We WILL get better, don't worry you're pretty little heads about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believe it or not, its better to have 3 losses from the start than to come out with a bunch of wins. That way Malthouse can experiment a bit and get to know the versatility of the list.

Mark my words, this time next season you'll be in the top 3 or four defensively in the league. You probably will have gotten rid of driftwood like Scotland too

Can & will Carlton supporters accept not making the 2013 finals?
I personally would, as long as I see some big moves in the 2013 offseason to fill the holes that cost us a spot in the 8. Without those moves, then it would seem we are destined to be middle of the rung for a looooong time.

Believe it or not, its better to have 3 losses from the start than to come out with a bunch of wins. That way Malthouse can experiment a bit and get to know the versatility of the list.

Mark my words, this time next season you'll be in the top 3 or four defensively in the league. You probably will have gotten rid of driftwood like Scotland too

On a scale of 1-10 for stupid comments that one's in the high 90's.

Just remember which Board you are on and show respect.

I tend to think our round 22 team will look very different to our round 1-3 team. Interesting to see what happens.

No doubt Mick will make some massive changes come years end no matter where we finish IMO. Some big calls will be made i think on players that may not be hard enough or have the team discipline to fit into a Malthouse coaching strategy.

I still think we make the finals though and it is a long year in which we are only 3 games in, no need for panic at all.

No doubt Mick will make some massive changes come years end no matter where we finish IMO. Some big calls will be made i think on players that may not be hard enough or have the team discipline to fit into a Malthouse coaching strategy.

I still think we make the finals though and it is a long year in which we are only 3 games in, no need for panic at all.
If (and its a big if) we dont make finals then this whole season was a massive multi million dollar exercise in impatience and ego and an EPIC fail on the part of the board, and I expect each of them to resign. All of them.

I personally think this year is a total right off even if we do win the flag. Its hollow. We would have won the flag with Ratts.

I dont buy this messiah syndrome our moneymen have bought into and, by the read of this thread most (not all) of you have too, the excuse making is nauseating, had Ratts been saying this stuff you same posters would have been calling for the axe NOW....wait.....you were. And the call for patience......where was the patience last year....oh that's right, it only takes 5 years to build a flag now...not 8 (Thompson) or 10 (MM). The calls for patience are the most galling call of all. Oh its only round 3. It's our worst start in 20 odd years. Just imagine for a moment what your reaction would have been had Ratts not been sacked and we lost to Richmond and found ourselves 3 and 0....not too pretty is it.

I dont buy this new game plan crap. There is no new game plan, there is no plan b, there is no magic ability to get best out of players better than any other coach, its all myth.

And the titans that run the club are as stupid as the rest of you all for believing it, its just further proof you dont have to be smart to be rich.

I dont take any pleasure in our losses, but I am not surprised either. And yes I admit, to save the argument, that MM is on a hiding to nothing, if he fails those that think like me are vindicated, if he succeeds then it would have happened anyway under Ratts. Nevertheless, Jeanie and Matho can have the club. They wont see another penny from me.

Good riddance.
Oh I am not going anywhere. I just wont be putting my money into the club any more, until we no longer dance the the moneymen's tune. They have all the money they need, then dont need mine. I still watch the games and I am still going to pop up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back