Mid Gippy

Remove this Banner Ad

Ray Ablett has signed up there as well and he don't play for any less than a couple of greenbacks, minimum!!!!!!

Traf might have to make shirts of Newborough players upside down with money dropping from their pockets instead of Boolarra this year lol, from what i've heard Newborough are spending much more than Boolarra did.

Webb
Farrell
Kyriacou
K.butler
B.burnett
D.taylor
J.holmes
Stainstreet
Trail
R. Holds worth
Budge
Visser
Peters
Mann
J holds worth
Munro
Mullins
Palmer
Towt
Dyer
Gelagotis
Chandler
Phillips
Savage
Hammond
Damaske
Dobson
Macinness
Ayton
Dawson
Busutill
Leys
Atkinson
Swenson
J butler
Amalos
Lithgow
Ablett
Slater
Todd
Palmer
Sheriff
Mcfarlane
Van dyke
Bence
Hines
Riseley
Pol
Cheatley
Gore

This has to be a joke, James Holmes? ahahaha, he was lucky to get a game in the Grand Final last season and he himself would admit he's barely a senior player.

Any list without Dyer in the top 3 has no creditably whatsoever.

This has to be a joke, James Holmes? ahahaha, he was lucky to get a game in the Grand Final last season and he himself would admit he's barely a senior player.

Any list without Dyer in the top 3 has no creditably whatsoever.

Dyer is shit mate I think u need to stop pissing in his pocket I rate James Holmes up there with the best in the comp I can put him any where I want ok

Dyer is shit mate I think u need to stop pissing in his pocket I rate James Holmes up there with the best in the comp I can put him any where I want ok

Not sure how Holmes got a crank in the granny to be honest.

Dyer is easily the best player in the comp, Visser probably second.

Surely Newborough are over the cap, Ray Ablett wouldnt come cheap,
he is an out and out gun and exactly what the dogs need to round
off their list, but he does have a tendency to go walk about.

Newborough clear flag favorites now Id say, with recent pick ups of
Battista and Ablett.

Surely Newborough are over the cap, Ray Ablett wouldnt come cheap,
he is an out and out gun and exactly what the dogs need to round
off their list, but he does have a tendency to go walk about.

Newborough clear flag favorites now Id say, with recent pick ups of
Battista and Ablett.

With regards to the cap, here are what the players would be worth:

Rob Wilson - 1
Ben Unstead - 2
Daryl Disisto - 1
Brennan Mills - 1
Adam Kennedy - 1
Matt Disisto - 1
Luke Webber - 1
Daniel Drowley - 1
Jeremy Catnaugh - 1
Josh Whittaker - 1
Alan Chandler - 1 (possibly 2, Im not sure)
Jarrod Bennetts - 1
Chris Weller - 1
Trav Boyle - 1
Joel Blythman - 1
Daniel Risol - 1
Michael Galegotis - 1
Rhys Jacobs - 1
Chris Hancock - 1
James Todd - 1
Ray Ablett - 2
Anthony Battista - 1 (possibly 2, Im not sure)
Ryan Mills - 1
Jake Bowden - 1
Chris Payne - 1
Anthony Magnuson - 1
Tyler Mander - 1
Stanlake - 1
John Dewsbury - 2?
Ashley Payne - 1

So Im not sure the cap will be too much of a problem. Unless they charge 2 points for Hank and Kenno. Even then it may not be much of a problem.

Just on the points cap, it is absolute rubbish that a 3rds player attracts any points in the senior team. They should be 0 points. What is the cap???

That Ben Unsteads a gun, very good pick up for Newborough if he can stay fit, always manages to kick 2 or 3 goals a game.

Dyer or Webb have to be top 2. It depends if you want to win every ruck, or dominate the mid field but surely no one can think they are out of the top 10. Next would be any of the following in no particular order.
- peters
- Butler
- Thorpe
- trail
- sheriff
-Farrel
- towt
-Burnett

And a few more. But those are the stand outs.

Who is Thorpe? I agree with baysix about with ruck views. I think if Webb or Hammond played for bolarra leys would be lucky to get in and the gf margin would have been greater.

Thorpe is short midfield for Boolarra. Very talented kinda looks old but dont think he actually is.
Mullens could be the number two in the league if the mids were spot on. Hes good as
Can't sell me on Hammend at all, so many good players that could make up a top 50 or 20 and think you'd be pushing out a gun to put him in.

If Webb is the best and Leys out run and rucked him in the finals surely he should be regarded. Would be better as a spine player anywhere on the ground. Easily one of Boolarra's best.
People have kinda forgotten about Vissa, he is one of the leagues best, hates a tag though.

Thorpe is short midfield for Boolarra. Very talented kinda looks old but dont think he actually is.
Mullens could be the number two in the league if the mids were spot on. Hes good as
Can't sell me on Hammend at all, so many good players that could make up a top 50 or 20 and think you'd be pushing out a gun to put him in.

If Webb is the best and Leys out run and rucked him in the finals surely he should be regarded. Would be better as a spine player anywhere on the ground. Easily one of Boolarra's best.
People have kinda forgotten about Vissa, he is one of the leagues best, hates a tag though.

Thought Thorpe was boolarra just wanted to confirm. Very hard to make a top 10-50 without missing someone. Everyone has their own opinions. I didn't see the final so missed Leys v Webb, credit to him if he beat Webb tho.

Visser is a gun. I think maybe because yinnar haven't been as good lately he may not get the recognition he once did or deserves. As with making a top player list It seems harder for players in lower sides to make it high even if they're as good as others on the list.

Couldn't agree more about vissa. But it's like that with any sport. Your team has to be up there with the best for you to be recognised as one of the top in the comp. Makes sense too, if your team wins the granny then they most likely have good players.

So Im not sure the cap will be too much of a problem. Unless they charge 2 points for Hank and Kenno. Even then it may not be much of a problem.

I was talking more coin wise, blokes like Kenno, Hank would definately
be on good coin, then to hear others like Gelegotis werent happy and
wanted to jump ship - I can only assume they were persuaded by money.
Then theres a couple of recent signings of quality blokes.
Is there no cap?

No dramas, I reckon Ray Ablett is probably your best recruit if you can
keep him right, can play and wouldnt be playing for a pie and coke either.

You lot will be very hard to beat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was talking more coin wise, blokes like Kenno, Hank would definately
be on good coin, then to hear others like Gelegotis werent happy and
wanted to jump ship - I can only assume they were persuaded by money.
Then theres a couple of recent signings of quality blokes.
Is there no cap?

No dramas, I reckon Ray Ablett is probably your best recruit if you can
keep him right, can play and wouldnt be playing for a pie and coke either.

You lot will be very hard to beat.

Does plug play?

Hasnt been a salary cap for 10 years or more. Couldn't police it.

All I can say is that there was a budget for 2012 that was the same as 2011. Never got close to it last year and it is roughly the same as the last salary cap. Do some research and you will find out what that was.

When we talked about trying to get another Darnum 2009 premiership player to add to the Moe guys, before Ray and others were around, we were told "NO" in no uncertain terms. After 2 seasons it has become apparent that Newborough is not a club that just throws money at players, but I digress. Im covering old ground and you blokes not only dont have any real idea, but wouldnt believe me if I told you anyway.

So we might as well drop it.

The focus should probably be on the East with the dough they have thrown around. They will also be the most improved team this year, out of those outside the 5 last year.

No real idea, ok, if you say.

On Morwell East, they look to of picked up a few,
mostly outside players - more suited to North Gippy.
Whether they can adapt to Mid Gippy, which is more of an
inside game, will be interesting.

They will be a quick side.

Hasnt been a salary cap for 10 years or more. Couldn't police it.

All I can say is that there was a budget for 2012 that was the same as 2011. Never got close to it last year and it is roughly the same as the last salary cap. Do some research and you will find out what that was.

When we talked about trying to get another Darnum 2009 premiership player to add to the Moe guys, before Ray and others were around, we were told "NO" in no uncertain terms. After 2 seasons it has become apparent that Newborough is not a club that just throws money at players, but I digress. Im covering old ground and you blokes not only dont have any real idea, but wouldnt believe me if I told you anyway.

So we might as well drop it.

The focus should probably be on the East with the dough they have thrown around. They will also be the most improved team this year, out of those outside the 5 last year.

Your the one who is keeping this forum focused on Newborough and talking yourself up. Keep it up, it gives more ammunition to opposition clubs.
Morwell East just going about their business , they will let their actions do the talking.
Did you ever play senior football ? Ha Ha:D:D:D

Riddle me this.

Interesting to see that nobody rates Boolarra's captain Michael Cleaver in their top list of players. Widely considered around the club to be the best player at Boolarra. He was arguably BOG in the grand final and rewarded as such with the club BOG award for the day followed by Thorpe then Dyer. Maybe he was just lacking a little peroxide in the hair to seal that in the eyes of the umpires. He has been injured a lot in the past couple of years requiring groing surgery etc but has surely been overlooked by the know it all's on here in their best players lists. Taking nothing away from Dyer as he is a supremely fit athlete, an excellent football player and a very good leader. I'm not saying Cleaver is or isn't a better player, just the fact that he should probably sneak in to a few best players lists.

Your the one who is keeping this forum focused on Newborough and talking yourself up. Keep it up, it gives more ammunition to opposition clubs.
Morwell East just going about their business , they will let their actions do the talking.

In 30 years you would've had to play some senior footy, surely he's not the Newborough version of Trevor Hornibrook lol

Riddle me this.

Interesting to see that nobody rates Boolarra's captain Michael Cleaver in their top list of players. Widely considered around the club to be the best player at Boolarra. He was arguably BOG in the grand final and rewarded as such with the club BOG award for the day followed by Thorpe then Dyer. Maybe he was just lacking a little peroxide in the hair to seal that in the eyes of the umpires. He has been injured a lot in the past couple of years requiring groing surgery etc but has surely been overlooked by the know it all's on here in their best players lists. Taking nothing away from Dyer as he is a supremely fit athlete, an excellent football player and a very good leader. I'm not saying Cleaver is or isn't a better player, just the fact that he should probably sneak in to a few best players lists.
I've mentioned him and think he's one of the best ball winners going around, his kicking lets him down though, but he's tough as nails.

No I never played senior footy.

As usual Tomm, you are way off the mark. People ask a question and I seem to be the only one on here that gives an honest answer. The rest of you are just here to take the piss out of people. I miss the days when this forum was a serious place where people could actually talk openly and honestly about local footy.

Its a shame that the rest of you are keyboard warriors looking to pick a virtual fight whenever someone says something about their own club or someone else's. That is why there are nearly 170 posts that are deleted in this thread. The sooner the rest of you treat it a little more serious, the better this place will be.

Most people on here know who I am. It isnt really all that hard to figure out. But the rest of you will continue to sit behind your keyboards pretending to be something you are not. One of the things I used to enjoy when I was playing EDFL was that the guys on the EDFL thread would catch up when we played their teams, and have a beer after the game. Sadly that will never happen on this thread because for some reason, you all hate each other. I challenge any one of you to come for a chat after we play you guys this year. I really could not give a crap what you say on here about me or Newborough. It would be good to put a face to a name.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid Gippy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back