Mid Gippy

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour i heard was afl banking on thorpy/gormandale folding & then Yyn, newb & mor east to nth gippy, yinnar,boolarra & mirboo to alberton & traf & hill end to ellinbank. Two 12 team leagues & a 9. Only big winner i see is ellinbank picking up 4 more junior teams

This would be a good fix theoretically, Gormandale are in a bit of strife and had 29 senior players to cover 2 grades on the weekend and forfeited their reserves at half time as they had organised 5 u'18s play of which 4 pulled the pin by quarter time due to the shocking conditions. When the seniors ran out 4 blokes from the seconds played this as well. Whilst I know little about Thorpdale's struggles it is clear they are struggling. Whether or not these mid gippy clubs would agree it remains to be seen. Personally the 3 extra sides would be no dramas into the NGFNL as Heyfield who I play for would have 3 trips further away than Newborough, YYN and Morwell East. Another problem is that Tyers are the Bombers and Sale City the Bulldogs. Whilst all 3 teams "bound" for Alberton will clash with Foster, Toora and MDU. Traf & Hill End makes the most sense after yarragon's defection. It will be interesting to see what happens.

This would be a good fix theoretically, Gormandale are in a bit of strife and had 29 senior players to cover 2 grades on the weekend and forfeited their reserves at half time as they had organised 5 u'18s play of which 4 pulled the pin by quarter time due to the shocking conditions. When the seniors ran out 4 blokes from the seconds played this as well. Whilst I know little about Thorpdale's struggles it is clear they are struggling. Whether or not these mid gippy clubs would agree it remains to be seen. Personally the 3 extra sides would be no dramas into the NGFNL as Heyfield who I play for would have 3 trips further away than Newborough, YYN and Morwell East. Another problem is that Tyers are the Bombers and Sale City the Bulldogs. Whilst all 3 teams "bound" for Alberton will clash with Foster, Toora and MDU. Traf & Hill End makes the most sense after yarragon's defection. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Re club clashes, simply look at West Gippy, Philip Island has a clash jumper to not clash with Bunyip, same can be done with Sale City & Newborough. As for TTU and YYN well TTU would definitely love to bring back the sky blue kit for games against YYN for sure.

Can't see any Team from Alberton lasting too long in Mid Gippy, travel being the main reason.
I would hold off for another 12 months and see which Clubs are still standing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would an option be to move traf and hill end into Ellinbank and then all Alberton clubs into mid gippy?

Ellinbank would then have 12 clubs and mid gippy 13. Thoughts?

Rumour i heard was afl banking on thorpy/gormandale folding & then Yyn, newb & mor east to nth gippy, yinnar,boolarra & mirboo to alberton & traf & hill end to ellinbank. Two 12 team leagues & a 9. Only big winner i see is ellinbank picking up 4 more junior teams
Gormandale have been on a big recruitment drive. New coach and at least 2 players from Moe and a few others. Something needed to happen.

Gormandale have been on a big recruitment drive. New coach and at least 2 players from Moe and a few others. Something needed to happen.
Hopefully Gormandale won’t fold. Limited success in recent years but I can remember when they were a powerhouse in the 80/90s when coached by illustrious names such as Daryl Hore, Neil Meredith, Alan Jennings, Brett Szabo and Rudi Bence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid Gippy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back