Mid Gippy

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Mid Gippy 2011

What actually happen? ive heard two different stories. Anyone there when it happen?

Have heard Symon has pulled the pin on playing for Thorpy indefinitely after the incident, apparently he was kinged from behind earlier in the year by another opponent also that went unnoticed by umpires.

I know he missed a fair bit of footy a few years back with a broken neck after landing on his head when taking a huge hanger and obviously he would be concerned about the chance of permanent damage if he keeps copping them like he has which is dissappointing for him.

Having said that I know little about the incidents other than 'hearsay'.

Anybody know how the young lad playing for Yall nth who was thrown into the fence is. Very nasty incident.

Iv heard (second hand) Alan Chandler the Newb coach was involved. The other player was Dale Walsh a first year Yallourn Nth player with only 4 senior games under his belt.
Was told Walsh was thrown head first into the fence lucky to escape with stitches and concusion.

Well being actually at the ground, what I saw was 2 players hit the fence, 1 standing and 1 sliding or on knees. When I asked Alan what happened he said his hand was caught inside the jumper and as much as he tried to avoid what happened happening, there was little he could do.

Looked to me like the umpire was intimidated into sending him off. Tony Price's behavior was disgraceful. People on the 18th floor of W Station would have heard the carry on he put up.

After the incident, Alan immediately went to the aid of Dale. Even his Yallourn Nth team mates did little remonstrating. For those guys, that were closer to the impact, they must have seen it for what it was and realised straight away that it was accidental.

But that didnt stop Price intimidating the umpires into a report. The incident happend just to the left of the Yallourn Nth interchange bench.

This is hardly the behaviour of well known and respected highschool teacher.

Not sure about the concussion, Tomm. From all accounts they wanted to put him back on but couldnt because he never went off through the interchange. I think the tribunal sits tomorrow night.

Well being actually at the ground, what I saw was 2 players hit the fence, 1 standing and 1 sliding or on knees. When I asked Alan what happened he said his hand was caught inside the jumper and as much as he tried to avoid what happened happening, there was little he could do.

Looked to me like the umpire was intimidated into sending him off. Tony Price's behavior was disgraceful. People on the 18th floor of W Station would have heard the carry on he put up.

After the incident, Alan immediately went to the aid of Dale. Even his Yallourn Nth team mates did little remonstrating. For those guys, that were closer to the impact, they must have seen it for what it was and realised straight away that it was accidental.
I was at the ground too pluggeroo and the young fella walshe was tackled and slung into the fence it may not have been what chandler was intending from all accounts he is not that sort of player but it still happenend and i dont know about price intimidating an umpire into a report especially when it was an expierenced umpire, if thats the case then chandler should have no trouble getting off the charge

But that didnt stop Price intimidating the umpires into a report. The incident happend just to the left of the Yallourn Nth interchange bench.

This is hardly the behaviour of well known and respected highschool teacher.

Not sure about the concussion, Tomm. From all accounts they wanted to put him back on but couldnt because he never went off through the interchange. I think the tribunal sits tomorrow night.

I happened to be at the ground my self Plugaroo. What I saw was the Newborough Football club senior coach do the most discusting act i have seen in my 30 odd years of watching local football.
If i was involved in the Newborough fc I would sack the coach immediatley. That young lad that was thrown into the fence head first was playing his fith game of senior football he was lucky he only came away with a bad gash to the head. Newborough had a number of young players in their team as well. what would have been Chandler.s and the Newborough Fc reaction been if this incident happened to one of their kids.
It looked to me the game was being played by two young sides playing in good spirits untill Chandler decided to act in a very irresponsable manner.

You my friend are a joke you people should take responsability for that incident not make out it didnt happen. Football is football and bad things sometimes happen we move on we dont shift the responsability onto others.

I happened to be at the ground my self Plugaroo. What I saw was the Newborough Football club senior coach do the most discusting act i have seen in my 30 odd years of watching local football.
If i was involved in the Newborough fc I would sack the coach immediatley. That young lad that was thrown into the fence head first was playing his fith game of senior football he was lucky he only came away with a bad gash to the head. Newborough had a number of young players in their team as well. what would have been Chandler.s and the Newborough Fc reaction been if this incident happened to one of their kids.
It looked to me the game was being played by two young sides playing in good spirits untill Chandler decided to act in a very irresponsable manner.

You my friend are a joke you people should take responsability for that incident not make out it didnt happen. Football is football and bad things sometimes happen we move on we dont shift the responsability onto others.
:mad:
Gee never let the truth get in the road of a good story. I too was at the game on Saturday and saw a young Yallourn north footballer thrown into the fence receiving a large gash to his forehead on the sponsor sign which required immediate treatment at the hospital. I know that the player did not return to the ground until after the game was over, so I find it hard to understand how his team wanted to put him back on the ground when he wasn't even at the ground.
Good try with the blame shifting though, critisizing the Yallourn North coach who was supporting one of his young players who had just been injured by an obviously frustrated opposition coach.

As for the umpires being intimidated by a vocal football coach, I don't think that you give the men in white enough credit for having minds of their own. But thats right Newborough should have plenty of experience facing the tribunal , is it now twice in the last three weeks for offences against young opposition players???

It will actually be the 3rd time in 3 week these dogs have had to go
to the tribunal. It would seem they can't play a game without resorting to thuggish tactics. The league or VCFL should be looking into this because young players can't keep being sent to hospital for sitches and injuries to the head when they play newbough. Especially when the coach is one of the players deliberately going out to maim opposition players. I hope they get the book thrown at them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Murphy is a Uni student earning no coin, so getting $200 a game sounds like a deal you couldnt knock back. Considering he doesnt drink, smoke or even go out, its probably not a bad deal for the Bombers as well.

Murphy has been a revelation for the bombers. I watched him closely on the weekend and the kid is a star. His kicking is improving out of sight and if he continues to pluck marks from anywhere he will be the best CHF in the league. Yinnar missed out big time by chucking all their money at Stanistreet! Very over rated footballer. Murphy is alot better player. Looks to me Murphy has found the right side for him in the bombers, with the quality of delivery from the likes of Burnett and Dobson. Good luck to any of the CHB's in the league tackling Yallourn North, the kid runs all day and marks anything within reach.

Murphy has been a revelation for the bombers. I watched him closely on the weekend and the kid is a star. His kicking is improving out of sight and if he continues to pluck marks from anywhere he will be the best CHF in the league. Yinnar missed out big time by chucking all their money at Stanistreet! Very over rated footballer. Murphy is alot better player. Looks to me Murphy has found the right side for him in the bombers, with the quality of delivery from the likes of Burnett and Dobson. Good luck to any of the CHB's in the league tackling Yallourn North, the kid runs all day and marks anything within reach.

Thats a very big wrap for the kid.. the game i saw him play a few weeks back he didnt get a kick let alone take a mark, its all well and good dominating against newborough why cant he do it against the top 3 sides.

he may have found the right side for him for this season but looking at his track record he will only last a season or 2 then he will be looking for another jumper to add to his collection

Thats a very big wrap for the kid.. the game i saw him play a few weeks back he didnt get a kick let alone take a mark, its all well and good dominating against newborough why cant he do it against the top 3 sides.

he may have found the right side for him for this season but looking at his track record he will only last a season or 2 then he will be looking for another jumper to add to his collection

Not sure what game you watched mate but he has been dominating games just not on the score board. I seen him at mirboo and against traf and if he had if kicked straight would have had at least 4 both games. Once his kicking gets going and his confidence is up very hard to stop

As for the stint at yyn only time will tell but from all reports with the young list the bombers have got he may stay for a few years yet!

Starting to look like a 3 horse race.

Traf-Mirboo Nth-Boolarra.
wouldnt say that yet they all have had a good first half but have had very little injuries compared to other clubs and they havent dominated the other sides so it will be interesting when teams like yinnar yall north and yarragon get their injured players back those sides could really push them, its the closest ive seen the league in a long time

Yallourn North will push, they have injuries that are due back
and they are a side on the up. They will definately make finals.

Yinnar lack depth, they cannot afford injuries, but even still,
I dont think they can win it.

I dont think Yarragon can win.

Mirboo, Traf and Boolarra for mine, I agree with Hodgey.

I think Mirboo has good depth, Boolarra more imrovement and
Traf obviously the side both have to beat to win the flag.

If I was a betting man, Id probably take Boolarra.

Yallourn North will push, they have injuries that are due back
and they are a side on the up. They will definately make finals.

Yinnar lack depth, they cannot afford injuries, but even still,
I dont think they can win it.

I dont think Yarragon can win.

Mirboo, Traf and Boolarra for mine, I agree with Hodgey.

I think Mirboo has good depth, Boolarra more imrovement and
Traf obviously the side both have to beat to win the flag.

If I was a betting man, Id probably take Boolarra.

I find it interesting so many people are jumping on boolara,

they have 2 decent players in Dyer and Towt and the latter is their only avenue to goal..

Mirboo North and Traf are miles ahead of the competition..

I find it interesting so many people are jumping on boolara,

they have 2 decent players in Dyer and Towt and the latter is their only avenue to goal..

Mirboo North and Traf are miles ahead of the competition..
i would have them the 2 best sides but there definately not miles ahead there will be a few more upsets to come this season wit the grounds getting heavier and slowing down these quicker sides like traf and mirboo who arent the hardest teams at the footy, they might get found out but time will tell

i would have them the 2 best sides but there definately not miles ahead there will be a few more upsets to come this season wit the grounds getting heavier and slowing down these quicker sides like traf and mirboo who arent the hardest teams at the footy, they might get found out but time will tell

How can people say that the league has evened out. Traf hasn't lost, mibro have dropped 2, the rest are miles behind. The problem with these teams on the up, is when things turned bad, they turn on each other and bicker with one another. If you need a few examples; damske @ yarragon, disisto and Todd @ newborough, phillips @ YYN. The other teams like yinnar, hillend & thorpdale try hard and are improving but really are miles off mirbo and traf. Boolara might be the only team that can shake things up, but it's yet to be seen. Bring on September to see what mid gippy brings us!

hahaha. you blokes are a joke, having watched chandler play over a few seasons now, he is one of the fairest footballers in the area. after watching him get belted week in week out and talking to a few people about the incident sounds like you all get a bit excited.
obviously nothing in it as he got left off, these things happen in footy.
3 appearances in 3 weeks. two of them a joke.
shit league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid Gippy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back