Prediction Mid-season draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Evans has talent and is looking more at home, but would be a longer term project.

I have no time for Rowe and not convinced by the little I've seen of Weckert.

If you're going for immediate impact Lachlan Hosie from Glenelg or Aiden Grace from Centrals would be worth a look. And they fit a need more as a mobile medium forward who can kick goals.
yep agree Ford

grace has some talent, has he been in the system before? Played a couple of nice finals. Can kick a goal.

yep agree Ford

grace has some talent, has he been in the system before? Played a couple of nice finals. Can kick a goal.

I don't think so, played down in Glenorchy before going to Centrals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amy Sedaris Jesus GIF by truTV’s At Home with Amy Sedaris

If the club is selecting for Now as a potential replacement for SPP I hope he would be a 185 cm plus strongly built utility type who could at least strengthen the Maggies, even if he eventually turns out to not be good enough to play much, if any AFL footy.

If it's for the future it could be another skinny kid who may or may not make the grade at either level.

My preferred option is for `Now,' but I expect any thought of strengthening the Maggies and maybe helping the skinny kids already running around in the PB's won't be given much consideration!

Have a chat to Isaac Smith. If he has remotely kept his fitness up and played some footy somewhere.

Experienced head, runs all day, great user of the ball.

6-18 months as a rookie/leader.

Have a chat to Isaac Smith. If he has remotely kept his fitness up and played some footy somewhere.

Experienced head, runs all day, great user of the ball.

6-18 months as a rookie/leader.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty confident you can't just retire and then go elsewhere in the midseason draft the next year. To be eligible you have to have nominated for last year's draft, which Isaac wouldn't have done.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty confident you can't just retire and then go elsewhere in the midseason draft the next year. To be eligible you have to have nominated for last year's draft, which Isaac wouldn't have done.
I think that's right.

But this is also the AFL, where rules are made to be broken when it suits certain teams. I'm sure at some point, someone will retire and then decide to come out of retirement for the mid-season draft and the AFL will sign off because reasons.

Is a Jedi a follower of the path of the Jed (McEntee)? Sign that man up!
It all makes sense now. Jed uses the force for his elite pressure act magic. It explains why he doesn't need to ever touch the ball, or ever in fact even be near it.

Fair call. Just had a look. Rules are you can if you’ve retired or been delisted, regardless of ND nomination but have to have been retired for greater than a year, which smith wouldn’t fit. Would have to get special exemption which I’m the AFL would if Smith was heading to a Vic club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back