Midnight Oil - 50 to 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw them at least twice in the 90s. Once was at the tennis centre.

The other was an acoustic gig they did at the Princess Theatre in about '94, it was absolutely incredible. I remember when they played Warakurna and i was completely overwhelmed. Did anyone else see them on that tour?

Not bothering with the music bowl concert. I'm sure it will still be great but that's the worst venue in Melbourne.

Who has seen them live this time around?
I went last night and it was amazing. They show guys half their age how to rock. Such a powerful show.

Jim Moginie tripped towards the end and they had to cut the encore short. Hope he is well for the rest of the tour.

I went last night and it was amazing. They show guys half their age how to rock. Such a powerful show.

Jim Moginie tripped towards the end and they had to cut the encore short. Hope he is well for the rest of the tour.

I was there last night. Great show and awesome set.

I thought only my grandmother had falls - not rock lead guitarists - old rockers ey’, pretty funny really :D

The guitar work was awesome. Great to see

Saw them for the first time in 1990 on the Blue Sky tour but not since 1998. I went Monday night with very low expectations.

It was an amazing show. Brilliant.

Definitely in the best handful of live bands I've ever seen, if not the best.

Would've loved to have seen them pre 1985, when they were at their peak.

I was at the Selinas gig in April and I have a ticket for Saturday night in Sydney @ the Domain (Armistice Day Gig!!!!!!).

****ing Moginie better prop himself up in a chair or on drugs or on both to make the gig happen.

Definitely in the best handful of live bands I've ever seen, if not the best

We travelled to Darwin in October for the show there. Would love to have been more from the first two albums but no matter, it was a great show. I'd agree that they are as tight and dynamic as ever, and they have to be right up there amongst the best live acts ever.

I had not seen them since about 1984. They are every bit as good now as they were then.

And if anybody was to get a chance to see them in Darwin, Alice or out west then do it.

I was at the Selinas gig in April and I have a ticket for Saturday night in Sydney @ the Domain (Armistice Day Gig!!!!!!).

****ing Moginie better prop himself up in a chair or on drugs or on both to make the gig happen.
I just read he ripped the hamstring tendon from the bone. Ouch.
But being a legend he is good to go for Sydney.
Enjoy the gig. Selinas would have being out of this world

I just read he ripped the hamstring tendon from the bone. Ouch.
But being a legend he is good to go for Sydney.
Enjoy the gig. Selinas would have being out of this world

Being from Adelaide we missed the Oils in pubs in the 80's so living in Sydney now and being able to go to a pub and see them live was just mind blowing for me. The fact that they played so much of Head Injuries was just an amazing bonus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw them last night, they were bloody amazing.

I never really got right into them and took my mum for her birthday present, didn't have the highest of expectations, they pretty much blew me away with how good they are live.

I've seen a fair share of live bands and they are right up there amongst the best for sure.

Saw them last night, they were bloody amazing.

I never really got right into them and took my mum for her birthday present, didn't have the highest of expectations, they pretty much blew me away with how good they are live.

I've seen a fair share of live bands and they are right up there amongst the best for sure.

I was there last night as well.
They sounded great, but, they only did one encore and 21 songs in total.

I was thinking all night, they're gonna do Back on the Borderline or Powderworks or Stand in Line or Read About It as encores.
Didn't happen and left me feeling flat at the end to be honest.

That was the first concert I ever went too as a 15yo. What an impression they made live. They were awesome and Rob Hirst doing Power & the Passion sticks in my mind from that show. Saw them at Festival Hall a couple years later.

I recall as a kid doing the old play/record buttons on the tape recorder when they did that Oils on the Water show for JJJ's 10th birthday. Was devastated when I eventually wore that tape out. Thank god for the digital age now!

Went to the show at the Music bowl on Cup Eve and was blown away again by these magnificent bastards. Seriously impressed by the energy they still perform with. The only downer for me was them missing Back on the Borderline & Stand in Line. Was really hoping to see those couple live again. Having said that, there were massive highlights throughout the show. Section 5 (Bus to Bondi), No time for games, US Forces, Hercules......

I probably drifted away from the Oils for some time but after getting back into them recently, I don't actually understand why I did. They are just amazing, especially live.

Been a pleasure reading about everyones love for the Oils and for some of the awesome clips I haven't checked out in a long time.

Oils On The Water was amazing. Think I like every performance better than the studio versions which is unusual for me. I don't know if it's rare, but I recorded the JJJ preamble at the start which isn't on the dvd....
Red Sails is my fave Oils album.....

Top 10 prob

1 Jimmy Sharman's Boxers
2 Power and the Passion
3 Stand In Line
4 Short Memory
5 Put Down That Weapon
6 Armistice Day
7 Best of Both Worlds
8 Read About It
9 Only the Strong
10 Kosciusko

btw anyone know which clip it is where they have the red dot over the guitar during a guitar solo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Midnight Oil - 50 to 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back