Recommitted Miles Bergman [Re-Signed to 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

You are looking at overall turnovers, not turnovers per possession.

It’s no surprise to see players that get a lot of footy also have high turnovers. It is however odd to see a player that only averages 15 touches a game also in the top 15 in the league for turnovers.

It’s been explained to you a few times, really not that hard to understand.

It’s the same. Turnovers per possession still is a list full of the games best players.

It’s the same. Turnovers per possession still is a list full of the games best players.

Below is certainly not a list of the game’s best players. Not a single one of those players is anywhere near a “best players” conversation based on 2023.

It is instead a list of players with the worst disposals per turnover ratio who have played at least five games this season.

IMG_3572.png

Below is certainly not a list of the game’s best players. Not a single one of those players is anywhere near a “best players” conversation based on 2023.

It is instead a list of players with the worst disposals per turnover ratio who have played at least five games this season.

View attachment 1708102
There’s the top 20 in the Brownlow right there

Lol Bergmans aerial presence and defensive ability in the air and on the ground saved our butts

Anyone with a brain cell would recognise what his role is and how dependent we are on him right now.
You are still around?

I thought you’d stopped watching the thread when you didn’t respond to my post where I comprehensively disproved your claim that only the best players lead the league in having high turnovers per disposal.

Anyway, on to tonight. He spilled several marks instead of killing the contest to the boundary.

He missed several tackles early.

He wasn’t playing on the dangerous Dogs forwards.

He turned it over three times from his 10 disposals, had three clangers, and had a 50% disposal efficiency even with a couple of dinky sideways kicks to pump it up. That’s stinky ball in hand even if he played a great game defensively (which he didn’t).

A couple of intercept marks and some spoils as a third man up doesn’t make a good game from a player allegedly worth a first rounder in a trade.

He was poor tonight.

Had a mare

How many marks did the star studded dogs kf line take inside 50?

Compare naughton lobb and ugle hagens performance over 195cm Alir and 191cm McKenzie (our entire key defender stocks this game lol) versus Marshall’s Dixon’s and finlaysons games against true kpps in Keath 198 jones 199 Bruce 199

Alir and McKenzie had very ordinary (even say shit) games and yet the dogs star talls didn’t hurt us.

Bergman and jones were why.

Bergman just kills contests in the air and on the ground.

People saying he had a bad game just aren’t aware of what hes doing for us at the moment.

To anyone who thinks a first rounder will be apart of the deal for Bergman you are going to be dissapointed

Us not getting a first rounder would have nothing to do with ability and everything to do with a team taking advantage of him being uncontracted and us being willing trade partners.

If he played for the saints, or any other vic team and wanted out those fans would be asking for a first in return.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Us not getting a first rounder would have nothing to do with ability and everything to do with a team taking advantage of him being uncontracted and us being willing trade partners.

If he played for the saints, or any other vic team and wanted out those fans would be asking for a first in return.
When Nasiah was out of contract and it looked like he was gonna go back to SA, I was hopeful we could turn it into a first rounder. But deep down I knew it was wishful thinking. He had not proved that a team would trade a first rounder for him and I was starting to think a second rounder would be the most likely situation. Luckily he signed on

When Nasiah was out of contract and it looked like he was gonna go back to SA, I was hopeful we could turn it into a first rounder. But deep down I knew it was wishful thinking. He had not proved that a team would trade a first rounder for him and I was starting to think a second rounder would be the most likely situation. Luckily he signed on

Preseason, if nwm was going to go a second would have been likely based off pure outside wingmen not getting good value and nwm still not proven he was an elite wing.

Amon went for sfa in free agency, before that if a trade happened even the year after his all-aus we wouldn’t have gotten a first. Outside pure wings just don’t go for value, and that’s why until nasiah proved he could be an elite wing he might not have gotten a first.

With nwm’s form this year being a big step up from last year though you would have had a real shot at getting a first. I think you would find port and crows fans would happily part with that for him.

You didn’t disprove s**t. You’re a nuffie with a grudge. I’ve called out your bullshit here many times, including your original ‘lampers trademark algorithm 3000’ which i showed up to be a furphy and you’ve gone hammer and tongs on me in this thread ever since.
philthy05 said “Turnovers per possession still is a list full of the games best players.”

Therefore, this is philthy05 ’s view of “the games (sic) best players”. Miles is on there.

IMG_3572.png

philthy05 said “Turnovers per possession still is a list full of the games best players.”

Therefore, this is philthy05 ’s view of “the games (sic) best players”. Miles is on there.

View attachment 1708452

There’s 2 hall of famers in the top 4

The rest of the list is high draft picks and highly valued players.

And this after you’re reaching cause the turnovers stat didn’t help your argument.

Which you’re reaching for cause the clangers stat campaign you led didn’t get you the fanfare you wanted.

After the disposal eff % stat campaign didn’t take.

After the lampers Trademark special formula I mocked.

Let it go dude. They’re mocked for a reason.

Surprised Rich is there tbh

I was a bit surprised too, but you can see in the column next to games played it’s clangers per disposal.

Rich has a much better ratio than almost everyone else on the list there.

That will be because he kicks long a lot. That won’t be counted as a clanger very often as it’s either to an open teammate or a kick to a contest. A long kick down the line to a contest is also likely to result in a ground ball that is probably 50/50 to end up as a turnover.

So lower clangers, but still turning the ball over relatively often.

This is part of the reason Bergman generates a very high number of turnovers. He kicks long often but not as often as Rich.

But you’d expect a long kicking player to have a high kick efficiency as only a kick straight to an opposition player is ‘inefficient’ if it’s longer than 40 metres. Disposal efficiency is a pretty poor statistic as aside from the 40 metre thing it doesn’t take any of the other circumstances into account, but it can help fill out the picture a bit.

So if it’s long kicking that contributes to Bergman’s very high turnover rate, he shouldn’t be generating a lower than league average 63.4% kicking efficiency number. Rich goes at 79.6% efficiency by foot by comparison.

There’s 2 hall of famers in the top 4

The rest of the list is high draft picks and highly valued players.

And this after you’re reaching cause the turnovers stat didn’t help your argument.

Which you’re reaching for cause the clangers stat campaign you led didn’t get you the fanfare you wanted.

After the disposal eff % stat campaign didn’t take.

After the lampers Trademark special formula I mocked.

Let it go dude. They’re mocked for a reason.
It’s OK, not everyone understands statistics and analytics.

You didn’t disprove s**t. You’re a nuffie with a grudge. I’ve called out your bullshit here many times, including your original ‘lampers trademark algorithm 3000’ which i showed up to be a furphy and you’ve gone hammer and tongs on me in this thread ever since.
You could not have been proven more wrong than what you were yet you still want to dig your heals in.

What is interesting, but not surprising about that list is that it is mostly made up of forwards. Very few half backs or midfielders which paints a bleak picture for your argument also.

Its a hardly a list of the all Australian or brownlow fancies for the year.

It's ok to admit you got that completely wrong. Maybe instead of being so stubborn you can argue that his strengths might out weigh his weakness, but don't pretend his kicking isn't a problem for him.

You could not have been proven more wrong than what you were yet you still want to dig your heals in.

What is interesting, but not surprising about that list is that it is mostly made up of forwards. Very few half backs or midfielders which paints a bleak picture for your argument also.

Its a hardly a list of the all Australian or brownlow fancies for the year.

It's ok to admit you got that completely wrong. Maybe instead of being so stubborn you can argue that his strengths might out weigh his weakness, but don't pretend his kicking isn't a problem for him.

I told you the list of turnover leaders is full of the leagues best players

You and your friends then moved the goalposts to turnovers per possession, and that list is still full of guns.

It’s just the same old shit from the same people trying to use the games worst and most ignored stats to paint the picture that Bergman is a shit player.

His kicking isn’t a problem, he’s currently kicking long and clearing the ball in a gameplan that floods the midfield he’s kicking into.

Rozee and butters, two absolute weapons and beautiful users of the ball are among the top turnover kings in the afl.

If he goes to another team their fans will be banging on about how great he is and there will be no problem with his disposal

Last edited:
I told you the list of turnover leaders is full of the leagues best players

You and your friends then moved the goalposts to turnovers per possession, and that list is still full of guns.

It’s just the same old s**t from the same people trying to use the games worst and most ignored stats to paint the picture that Bergman is a s**t player.

His kicking isn’t a problem, he’s currently kicking long and clearing the ball in a gameplan that floods the midfield he’s kicking into.

Rozee and butters, two absolute weapons and beautiful users of the ball are among the top turnover kings in the afl.

If he goes to another team their fans will be banging on about how great he is and there will be no problem with his disposal
Lol

There has been no changing of goal posts at all. It has been pointed out numerous times that any player that gets a lot of footy is quite obviously going to have more turnovers. That is simple maths.

Bergman average 15 touches a games.

You have to be the most stubborn poster I have come across.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Miles Bergman [Re-Signed to 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back