Miller

Remove this Banner Ad

Millsy was a great clubman and a fantastic leader. The boys loved him at Melbourne. Will be an asset to your club.

as much as he wasnt the best footballer
he will bring great leadership to your club for your young kids
he is my fav player
and if he was to go to any club im glad its the tigers
good luck in 2011 tigs

Good move. On a rookie deal he knows he isn't a first choice 22 but will be good support for Jack if Griff is injured. Ripping bloke with maturity will also be good for the young blokes.

The note that Brad knows 'exactly what his role will be' is interesting. His position at the club could be in any capacity. The artcile hardly indicates that he will be pushing for a spot in the 22.

At 27 he is the same age as Leon Cameron (4years/84games) and Michael Gale (5years/91games) when they arrived and a few months older than Simmo (6years/93games) when he arrived. He might play a Leigh Brown role (who coincidently arrived at Coll at 27) where he protects the forwards around him while also being able to fill holes in defence and the ruck. I think they call that a Rockefeller or a swingman or something.

When i first saw this i freaked out until i saw it was a mature age rookie spot - can live with that. Will provide much needed back up if either Griff or Jack go down. He is a bloke of top character as well, and i can handle "less than perfect"players like that being around our club in a reserves role.

Basically, a great pick up by Coburg = and a useful "break glass incase of emergency " option for the seniors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the new rookie rules in place, you guys aren't loosing much. This is good for a mentoring role for Jack and Griff.

He's a hard worker, who knows the traps and is smart. He'll force a defender to be accountable allowing less tripple teaming of JAck and allowing the 3rd, not the 2nd best defender to go to Griff.

Plus you get some Pia love.

The fact that he turned down a farewell game and stuck with his mates in the VFL shows the man's character.
I do agree it's a puzzling decision, but apart from Jack, our next highest goalkicker this year was Nason with 14. If Miller is required to perform a role from the rookie list, then so be it. I have faith in Dimma.

Recruit Tom Lynch with pick 6 and give him some AFL time till Griff gets better. Post is the key to our whole key position situation. I wonder if they want him forward or back. I like Astbury Back. Gourdis is a backman, McGuane also. Post, Giff and Riewoldt as forwards.

I'd rather draft Pia herself.
I'd like to 'draft' her too.
Seriously, he may play half a dozen games. If it's a mature-age rookie spot, then I guess it's fine. Maybe. Geez I dunno.

I like it. You can never have enough good people around a football club. We aren't giving up much at all for him, I mean, we could draft another Relton Roberts...

You mean somebody with talent? Yeah, hopefully. It's a football club, not a community center.

This is a guy who got delisted by Melbourne. Can somebody name me a Demons full forward?

They preferred to go with NOBODY than to retain Brad Miller. Surely the team with the coleman medallist and best young key forward in the league should be more picky about who they draft in key forward slots than the team without any key forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Miller

Remove this Banner Ad

Back