Miller

Remove this Banner Ad

ok, its not a shortcut....what it is, is, not a good decision. for nothing or not, unecessesary

Who is your second big bodied player in the forward line?

King? Nahas? Collins?

Jayden (cement hands) post?
Lets see how the sex monster comes back after the wonky shoulders?

ok, its not a shortcut....what it is, is, not a good decision. for nothing or not, unecessesary

id suggest that would remain to be seen ...one thing that is fundamentally RIGHT is a one man forward line is completely ****ing useless in terms of it's capacity to kick a winning score. Our Coleman medalist needs support...if you reckon you see that coming with a fella that will be recouperating from both wings being overhauled or post emerging then you must be on the gas.

What the pessimists aren't realizing is that after Polak's accident the AFL actually changed the rookie rules to create a mature rookie spot just so we could put him there. It's for a mature, repeat mature player. So, either we keep Polak, leave it empty, or give it to Miller. No kid is denied a spot. It's quite obvious really.

Whether he plays senior games or not, he has a lot to offer for the club culture and is being developed as a future coach. This is the most non risk decision we can make for goodness sake.

Who is your second big bodied player in the forward line?

King? Nahas? Collins?

Jayden (cement hands) post?
Lets see how the sex monster comes back after the wonky shoulders?

griffiths, morton, post:cool:, graham, browne, vickery....and 1 or 2 new picks in the draft......

id suggest that would remain to be seen ...one thing that is fundamentally RIGHT is a one man forward line is completely ****ing useless in terms of it's capacity to kick a winning score. Our Coleman medalist needs support...if you reckon you see that coming with a fella that will be recouperating from both wings being overhauled or post emerging then you must be on the gas.

i havn't said he doesn't need support

tiger stripes---i understand that, but, miller? come on!!!!

The fact that he turned down a farewell game and stuck with his mates in the VFL shows the man's character.
I do agree it's a puzzling decision, but apart from Jack, our next highest goalkicker this year was Nason with 14. If Miller is required to perform a role from the rookie list, then so be it. I have faith in Dimma.

Win win. Will be a Coburg regular help them make the finals which will be valuable experience for the kids and fill a role when The Sex Monster is injured. Great call. Perfect character to have at the club. Has proven he will not drop his head playing in the VFL just try to improve.

Perfect foil for Jack as well.

Kick it to Miller 3 times
kick it to Jacl 7 times

I am loving this trade period

Seems like Richmond recruited Miller more for his leadership and experience more than his playing ability. I doubt he'll play all 22 games next but just add that extra bit of knowledge and leadership to help the younger guys better develop.

this is my last comment on the subject!

why would reiwoldt, a coleman medalist, need mentoring from a guy who kicked only 89 goals in an 8 year, 133 game career? it doesn't make sense!

jack doesnt need mentoring. but he sure as hell needs a hand.arent you sick of seeing our kids get beaten up and in jacks case double and at times triple teamed.
its the likes of griffiths who has just come of a double shoulder reco who needs mentoring and protection.
i know lets just throw westhoof in the deep end and watch him get killed.

the simple fact this yr and next yr and possibly the yr after the majority of our kids need to treated with kid gloves and developed at the right pace and in the right time.
as their bodies and strength grow they can be eased into kp roles.

Vickery (will be developed as a forward in 2011 - 3rd year), Riewoldt - 5th year , Post - 3rd year and Griffiths -2nd year. 4 options for 2 spots. Then there's also Gourdis and Astbury who can rotate down there if we get in trouble. Taylor plays tall for his height and is another option.

No need to recruit Miller as "insurance". Waste of time and a list spot. If anything maybe another KPF kid in the draft to develop behind those listed then the numbers will be fine in this area but not Miller. At least the kid might have a future with us. If we want him to play a mentoring, coaching role then get Coburg to draft him and he can clog their list up.

Vickery (will be developed as a forward in 2011 - 3rd year), Riewoldt - 5th year , Post - 3rd year and Griffiths -2nd year. 4 options for 2 spots. Then there's also Gourdis and Astbury who can rotate down there if we get in trouble. Taylor plays tall for his height and is another option.

No need to recruit Miller as "insurance". Waste of time and a list spot. If anything maybe another KPF kid in the draft to develop behind those listed then the numbers will be fine in this area but not Miller. At least the kid might have a future with us. If we want him to play a mentoring, coaching role then get Coburg to draft him and he can clog their list up.

sheesh barnzy i expected better. jack is the only one whos played 50 plus games. its likely it wont be until 2013 until the others get there.
and if vickery is a forward we had better go get a ruckman or two quick smart.

i can tell you now vickery will struggle until he gains the size and strength that will enable him to compete properly. he will play many games at coburg still. so will griffiths and post.

and if we are to rotate goudis our only fb and astbury our chb we had better draft another couple of these as well.

the list is screaming out for big bodied mature tall players for the interim.

jack doesnt need mentoring. but he sure as hell needs a hand.arent you sick of seeing our kids get beaten up and in jacks case double and at times triple teamed.
its the likes of griffiths who has just come of a double shoulder reco who needs mentoring and protection.
i know lets just throw westhoof in the deep end and watch him get killed.

the simple fact this yr and next yr and possibly the yr after the majority of our kids need to treated with kid gloves and developed at the right pace and in the right time.
as their bodies and strength grow they can be eased into kp roles.
Some of your best work Santa.:thumbsu:
This is not a short cut. It fills a glaring need in the interim.
If people can't see past that, and see that Miller may actually be of more service than Houli and Grigg combined, aren't looking at the big picture.

Some of your best work Santa.:thumbsu:
This is not a short cut. It fills a glaring need in the interim.
If people can't see past that, and see that Miller may actually be of more service than Houli and Grigg combined, aren't looking at the big picture.

Thats what i have been saying, but the moonhowlers amongst us are adamant that the 17 year olds are the way to go.

crikey dont draft anyone ove 19 because thats a short cut, lets see GC have already stockpiled the young talent, GWS are about to do the same to the next lot, and we can keep on drafting kids .......**** me when jack gets double and tripled teamed the same moonhowlers are screaming for another big man.

The sex monster is only a kid himself coming back from two shoulders.

When we had ottens, richo and dare i say holland we finished third and plenty of goals, oh btw was benny gale still playing?

Now we want to do it with jack and the mosquito fleet.

wake up ppl
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

Clearly seeing more of Pia maks this deal worthwhile:thumbsu:

Forget about Pia, Brad is pretty easy on the eye and should make watching the Tigers a little more enjoyable next year!!

I think the recruitment of Brad is to stop the triple teaming of Jack, especially evident after his 10 goal haul this year.

Only time will tell, but really it can't do us too much harm overall even if it turns out to be a wrong decision.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats what i have been saying, but the moonhowlers amongst us are adamant that the 17 year olds are the way to go.

crikey dont draft anyone ove 19 because thats a short cut, lets see GC have already stockpiled the young talent, GWS are about to do the same to the next lot, and we can keep on drafting kids .......Fukc me when jack gets double and tripled teamed the same moonhowlers are screaming for another big man.

When we had ottens, richo and dare i say holland we finished third and plenty of goals, oh btw was benny gale still playing?

wake up ppl
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

the 17 yr olds are the way to go they should remain the primary focus for the club. but and i will say again there is no reason why we cant trade as well as long as we also continue to invest heavily into kids.
utilise our early picks utilise plenty of picks but trade wisely for players who meet our criteria.

crikey dont draft anyone ove 19 because thats a short cut, lets see GC have already stockpiled the young talent, GWS are about to do the same to the next lot, and we can keep on drafting kids .......**** me when jack gets double and tripled teamed the same moonhowlers are screaming for another big man.

wake up ppl
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE
Mature age rookie spots are just sooooooooooooooooooo valuable and successful aren;t they?:rolleyes: Seriously, some people need to open their eyes. Glad you see it for what it is.
Forget about Pia, Brad is pretty easy on the eye and should make watching the Tigers a little more enjoyable next year!!

I think the recruitment of Brad is to stop the triple teaming of Jack, especially evident after his 10 goal haul this year.

Only time will tell, but really it can't do us too much harm overall even if it turns out to be a wrong decision.
Tas, if we go into 2011 with the same forward strcture, we will be blasted away. Simple as that. I hope they elevate Miller immediately so he plays in round 1.

Waiting for the abuse that gets hurled my way.:eek: I'm ready.

You've got no argument from me!

With still a very young team and a long long season ahead in 2011 there needs to be a few players around with experience, especially when the young bodies tire later in the year. While we have quite a bit of experience in the back half with Newman, Tuck, Moore etc, the forward line is still very very young overall. Jack may struggle at times and we need to have a wise old head to take some pressure off him.

If he is a genuine nice guy and great clubman as an earlier poster said, then I really cannot think of any downside.

Cousins did a great job the past two years mentoring some of the small young players and Miller may play a similar role for the forward line. Apparently he can play defence also so a bit of versatility when required is a bonus.

You've got no argument from me!

With still a very young team and a long long season ahead in 2011 there needs to be a few players around with experience, especially when the young bodies tire later in the year. While we have quite a bit of experience in the back half with Newman, Tuck, Moore etc, the forward line is still very very young overall. Jack may struggle at times and we need to have a wise old head to take some pressure off him.

If he is a genuine nice guy and great clubman as an earlier poster said, then I really cannot think of any downside.

Cousins did a great job the past two years mentoring some of the small young players and Miller may play a similar role for the forward line. Apparently he can play defence also so a bit of versatility when required is a bonus.
What people don't get, is that he is not even taking a spot off the list.
I hope Jack can kick 80 goals again, but the fact remains we need our 2nd highest goalkicker to kick more than 14 which was the case this year.
I'm excited about Miller being taken as mature age rookie. I think it will make a lot of posters on here feel very foolish indeed.

griffiths, morton, post:cool:, graham, browne, vickery....and 1 or 2 new picks in the draft......

i havn't said he doesn't need support

tiger stripes---i understand that, but, miller? come on!!!!

I understand where you're coming from, but you really have to understand the nature of the mature age rookie spot. It's only for mature age. That means it's only the delisted oldies. Either we get McDonald, Miller or Josh Fraser. There's not much on offer. The first and last are too old/gone. Reading the article, it sounds like Miller might not even play seniors next year. If he purely resides in Coburg then he will remain a boon for players such as Griffiths and Vickery in the forward line as well as all the youth going through with his leadership.

If it eventuates he does play seniors, it will be because the other options are not physically ready which is fair enough. We shouldn't have played Griffiths this year already, needed more time building his shoulders.

So, in summary, he shapes up as our pretty much only choice from the mature age delistings on offer which is what that spot is for, he gives a wealth of experience and leadership to, very importantly the club and all training they do. Rookies train with seniors so not only is he there as a positive role model for the forwards, it means the defenders have a large, hard body to practice against, something we lack. We simply can't lose here. It builds culture, mentors kids and earns us a coach in a couple years time, for the awesome price of free.

the 17 yr olds are the way to go they should remain the primary focus for the club. but and i will say again there is no reason why we cant trade as well as long as we also continue to invest heavily into kids.
utilise our early picks utilise plenty of picks but trade wisely for players who meet our criteria.

on a rare occasion I agree wholeheartedly, JR will be flogged to death in 2011 without some phyical support, and that doesn't come in the form of the likes of post they need to continue to be nurtured at a steady pace meanwhile JR needs to continue to add value to the side and he wont with three defenders marauding him all day

I dont think miller is a hack at all.. Slot him straight in as a mature rookie. I'm sure he'll give back more to our group than what he takes. I'm with tugga on this. He can make a contribution, and is better than any other player available for a mature aged rookie spot. Dimma knows best, so i really think we should give miller our backing.

Great move, would come in very handy. Would draw the 2nd defender allowing griffiths to get the 3rd. He is the kind of player that will thrive and get us good results if opposition did not give him full attention, which therefore would also free up Jack a bit.

on a rare occasion I agree wholeheartedly, JR will be flogged to death in 2011 without some phyical support, and that doesn't come in the form of the likes of post they need to continue to be nurtured at a steady pace meanwhile JR needs to continue to add value to the side and he wont with three defenders marauding him all day
Amen brother. I am rapt to see Miller is being given a go. And in a way that won't compromise anything.:thumbsu:

I dont think miller is a hack at all.. Slot him straight in as a mature rookie. I'm sure he'll give back more to our group than what he takes. I'm with tugga on this. He can make a contribution, and is better than any other player available for a mature aged rookie spot. Dimma knows best, so i really think we should give miller our backing.
Mate, this board will see to it that unless Miller kicks 9 every week he will be deemed as a failure.:eek:
Don't listen to it.
Rapt he is on board. :thumbsu:
And a bargain too! If only Mrs Tugga would be so savvy when shopping.

All is not lost as long as A) It's for a late, late rookie pick and nothing more and B) Under NO circumstances does he get a game in front of any of the kids if they're fit and takes away from their development.

Still think it's a dumb move and a waste of time though. Don't understand this "insurance" rubbish. Should be recruited to Coburg to mentor the kids if that's what they want. Then he clogs up their list not ours. Will just be another Kent Kingsley situation.

Also, I thought the GC had access of up to 10 pre-listed AFL players (delisted players). Why wouldn't they take him given I'm pretty sure they have been linked to him and they have stated they're looking for key forwards/rucks? Hope they do take him anyways so we can't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Miller

Remove this Banner Ad

Back