Miller

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok I'm going to go on a slight tangent but I think it is relatable to this situation.

Sure Brad Miller is not going to arrive and set the world alight but he brings experience which is key in a rebuild.

The club has already stated that after this draft, half of our list has been replaced in two years. 80% of those players are going to be 20 and under (rough figure - don't quote me).

It doesn't matter how good those young players are, if there are no big bodies or experience their development will be severely stunted.

One example I'll use is Adam McPhee at Fremantle this year. Ability wise not in the best 22 which he showed on several an occasion but the big body and experience he brought was absolutely key to the development of the young guys and it gave Harvey flexibility to pick more rookies knowing he had some big bodies.

A MA rookie spot for Brad Miller is a terrific coup for the club for that very reason, while we have several young players in KP we have minimal if any older guys.

It also must be testament to his character that the man who drafted him as a junior, now at another club in Craig Cameron, is eager to recruit him again despite just the six games this year.

IMO for what we are giving up an excellent decision.

FFS....we havent got him to be the focal point or to replace Jack, all year we have been saying we need another option up forward to take some of the heat, the guy is 27 not 37.

If he can take the second best defender and leave jack one out isnt that the desired result?

We all wanted the cuz to go around at 33 and richo to play till he was 64, im not comparing miller to those two, but most times we have played the dees he has torn us a new one and he wasnt using KY either.

Some of you guys cant be pleased.

Go Brad your a tiger now.

I don't mind the move..JR will be flogged in 2011 without some support..Griff will take time with overhauls on both shoulders..we're crying out for someone to stand tall as JR attracts all the attention...if Pod can work, no reason why miller who is arguably 5 x the player couldnt work out as a foil

Exactly. It's probably a good move that we have picked up Miller because I don't see any of the younger players like Giff dominating in the forward line next year. Giff needs more time.

Hahahahaha this is gold!
After Miller declined a last game with the Demons, i mentioned to a few Demon supporters that it was great show of character from him and mentioned that if i was playing at Coburg id go straight to Newitt and say get him to Coburg in a development officer role like we did with Tim Clarke!

Im all for this idea! Miller will never be in our best 22 but as a mature age rookie who will be playing at Coburg his experience and leadership will be invaluable!
If we need him to play a hand ful of games then im fine with that as he knows what it takes to play at the top level and is a brilliant foil for Jack if Griff goes down!

Brilliant work from Dimma if this is his initiative, the man knows quality leadersip when he see's it thats for sure! Proof is in the pudding with Lade,Leppa,Daly etc...

NO SHORTCUTS dimma!!!! just feels like this decision is going against what we stand for, whatever it is we stand for?

How is it a shortcut?
Miller will be our Mature age Rookie, which is effectivly our last pick in the rookie draft!
Its not a senior spot and his leadership qualities have never been questioned and are outstanding from the word around the AFL ranks.

Miller may not play a senior game for us but the club see him as a future coach and why not get him to coburg where he can still play for a couple year and teach on-field before he teaches off-field?

Alot of people are over-reacting to this without taking in the whole picture!
Dimma is a very smart man IMO and knows what he wants at Richmond to make us successful!

How is it a shortcut?
Miller will be our Mature age Rookie, which is effectivly our last pick in the rookie draft!
Its not a senior spot and his leadership qualities have never been questioned and are outstanding from the word around the AFL ranks.

Miller may not play a senior game for us but the club see him as a future coach and why not get him to coburg where he can still play for a couple year and teach on-field before he teaches off-field

Hey, why not recruit him as a playing coach for Coburg then? That would seem the logical solution for somebody you want to coach and play at Coburg.

Brilliant decision!

Our only key forward capable of playing out the year is jack, what happens if our other key prospects go down not to mention the fact jack has had his stand out year.

What every one thinks he is going to get no attention from the opposition backs next year!!
Miller is going to demand the second back if he does play.

Fantastic decision by dimma and the fact that we are paying him for a rookie spot and he cost us nothing to get

NO SHORTCUTS dimma!!!! just feels like this decision is going against what we stand for, whatever it is we stand for?

Hey, why not recruit him as a playing coach for Coburg then? That would seem the logical solution for somebody you want to coach and play at Coburg.

Agree.

Terrible decision.

People need to realise this would not be a shortcut.
Shortcuts are using genuine picks on hacks like Hislop.
Miller will cost nothing and we won't even need to elevate him unless it's necessary.
Getting Miller as a mature-age rookie is actually less of a shortcut than using a 2nd round pick on someone like Houli or Grigg.
It is a cheap insurance plan. Nothing more. Nothing less.
But feel free to carry on with misguided knee-jerk reactions.:rolleyes:

How is it a shortcut?

Miller may not play a senior game for us but the club see him as a future coach and why not get him to coburg where he can still play for a couple year and teach on-field before he teaches off-field?

Alot of people are over-reacting to this without taking in the whole picture!
Dimma is a very smart man IMO and knows what he wants at Richmond to make us successful!

...makes complete sense to me...:thumbsu:...
...but then i still want tambling at tigerland...so what do i know?!?...:D...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i like it. always rated miller. he will take heat off Jack as stated because if he is not closely checked he will hurt the opposition. and we give up nothing. good move.

just feels like a short cut imo....just not the approach i thought the club is taking, wouldn't they recruit through the draft another griffiths without injury problems instead, gives us the depth and players working together who will be there for the long haul, miller wont make any impact at richmond as a player or a leader, thats my "knee jerk reaction" ok tugga!

People need to realise this would not be a shortcut.
Shortcuts are using genuine picks on hacks like Hislop.
Miller will cost nothing and we won't even need to elevate him unless it's necessary.
Getting Miller as a mature-age rookie is actually less of a shortcut than using a 2nd round pick on someone like Houli or Grigg.
It is a cheap insurance plan. Nothing more. Nothing less.
But feel free to carry on with misguided knee-jerk reactions.:rolleyes:

WOW, a MoD with attitude, I LKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsu:

just feels like a short cut imo....just not the approach i thought the club is taking, wouldn't they recruit through the draft another griffiths without injury problems instead, gives us the depth and players working together who will be there for the long haul, miller wont make any impact at richmond as a player or a leader, thats my "knee jerk reaction" ok tugga!
Geez man. What makes you think we are not going to recruit another tall in the draft?
Taking Miller has absolutely nothing to do with our strategy on draft day, which I would imagine was set in stone weeks ago.:confused:

MATURE AGE ROOKIE............wait................ILL SAY IT AGAIN............................................. MATURE AGE ROOKIE.

What are we Giving up for him?????????????

NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT A SHORTCUT GUYS , just offerd him a spot we may not fill in our list!!!!!!

sorry for the caps just annoying me when people clearly dun understand what is happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That Cousins becoming an instant leader at our club isnt a sign to people that we are lacking in that area beyond belief is odd.

Had Cousins went to Collingwood he would have played in a premiership but never assumed any position formal or informally of leadership.

Geez man. What makes you think we are not going to recruit another tall in the draft?
Taking Miller has absolutely nothing to do with our strategy on draft day, which I would imagine was set in stone weeks ago.:confused:

ok, its not a shortcut....what it is, is, not a good decision. for nothing or not, unecessesary

this is my last comment on the subject!

why would reiwoldt, a coleman medalist, need mentoring from a guy who kicked only 89 goals in an 8 year, 133 game career? it doesn't make sense!

this is my last comment on the subject!

why would reiwoldt, a coleman medalist, need mentoring from a guy who kicked only 89 goals in an 8 year, 133 game career? it doesn't make sense!
I thought the same thing but Jack could still pick up some tips and from all reports his a very good leader.

Remove this Banner Ad

Miller

Remove this Banner Ad

Back