Millewa Football League 2006 - end of 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Re: Millewa Football League

any thoughts on the millewa squad to go to broken hill, i think if all get through next weekends games should be a very competitive side.

congrats to dougo on reaching 200 games last weekend. he might be ugly, old and a crap kick, but he's loyal!:thumbsu::D:thumbsu:

good on ya mate.

any thoughts on the millewa squad to go to broken hill, i think if all get through next weekends games should be a very competitive side.
yeah i think so!!! it seems as though megzy has hit a bit of form... where do you recon they will play him??you recon they would start him in the goal square wouldnt you??whats your thoughts tuby??

yeah i think so!!! it seems as though megzy has hit a bit of form... where do you recon they will play him??you recon they would start him in the goal square wouldnt you??whats your thoughts tuby??
it seems as though he has found a bit of form, sure he will play forward not sure about in the square, read the final squad in the paper the other day if they all put the hand up should be very competitive.
good to see the roos on the board

it seems as though he has found a bit of form, sure he will play forward not sure about in the square, read the final squad in the paper the other day if they all put the hand up should be very competitive.
good to see the roos on the board

Yes it was a relief to get our first win on the board! A few of the boys struggled with remembering or knowing the song!!;)

So how did the interleague team go, did they win as they expected?

There has not been much on here in the last week.

How are the mighty Golly Hawks looking for a shot at the flag this year, are they a chance with Bambill doing so well?

So how did the interleague team go, did they win as they expected?

There has not been much on here in the last week.

How are the mighty Golly Hawks looking for a shot at the flag this year, are they a chance with Bambill doing so well?

The Inter league team went as I expected, however reading the article on the league website from the president I don't think he was expecting a 100 point flogging :rolleyes:.

As I said at the start there was no chance we would beat them up there this year. They have a pretty strong league given there are only 4 clubs. We have not even looked like winning one yet out of the three years.

We are playing out of our depth with their boys way fitter and way more committed to their footy generally than most of the blokes that play in the MFL for a beer after the game more than anything else.

I think we should look to the Riverland Independent as our Interleague option, at least we might be competitive.

Golly no chance for the flag. Bambill rolling along well at this stage, although it would be nice to see them bomb out in the finals.... I can't see anyone getting within 10 goals.

good to see the pies get up over the golly hawks. the last time the pies have beat golly was ''03'' grandfinal so its great for the pies to beat them... still with afew out the pies are starting to come together.. big test next week against the cardy boys who are traveling very well at the moment...

good to see the pies get up over the golly hawks. the last time the pies have beat golly was ''03'' grandfinal so its great for the pies to beat them... still with afew out the pies are starting to come together.. big test next week against the cardy boys who are traveling very well at the moment...

The pies do seem to be travelling nicely at the moment. I reckon they will only get stronger as the year goes on. Will be an absolute cracker this weekend out at Cardy with both teams in good form.

Bambill are certain to finish top with the rest of the four to be very tight. Clinching second spot will be crucial to all teams involved. Percentage is likely to play a defining factor!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what happend to big mark, i see he only kicked one goal:confused:. did 'grub' kelly:eek: and ' big cookie' fraser play:eek:. great to see the pies have a win over the hawks.

Hey guys i heard that sheepdog Ben Milsom is playing in your area. Is this true and if so has he learnt to handball yet?????

Re: New Pres.

A Millewa club is very likely to be after a new president very soon.

I think I know what you are eluding to Hillite. Not very good news, I heard early this morning and decided against passing it on as I couldn't beleive it.

It will be interesting to find out what actually went down. My story is bizarre and seemingly very out of character. (I realise the act would be out of character for just about anyone, but from my limited dealings with him and the regard he is held within the league especially this bloke).

I think I know what you are eluding to Hillite. Not very good news, I heard early this morning and decided against passing it on as I couldn't beleive it.

It will be interesting to find out what actually went down. My story is bizarre and seemingly very out of character. (I realise the act would be out of character for just about anyone, but from my limited dealings with him and the regard he is held within the league especially this bloke).

well Ive just heard about it on win TV news update
so its not a secret.
Greg Woulf has been charged with alleged murder.

I have met him many of times and all i can say he is a top bloke.
I know nothing about what has happened.

well Ive just heard about it on win TV news update
so its not a secret.
Greg Woulf has been charged with alleged murder.

I have met him many of times and all i can say he is a top bloke.
I know nothing about what has happened.

Yeah I have only ever heard good things also. Still very serious charges regardless of wether he is a top bloke or not.

This could have huge ramifications for the Millewa League as my understanding was Nangiloc only came back in on the proviso he be President. I understand alot of other people worked extremely hard to get the club back up and running but he was the catalyst by all reports.

I hope Nangy continue but it would open up interesting debate as to clearances etc if they did't finish off the year.

the league isnt going too flash at the moment to cop another wack.
Macca is stepping down as league president siteing family reasons
Nangiloc, their president is looking at hard time
Meringur, reports are they have very little committee
Euston looked in dire straits early on but looks to have pulled through

Both Nangy and Roos sides are looking shakey on the field

maybe the league needs to start to push into another direction.
A direction that may not be liked by everyone but the only option for long term survival.
Lets look, the school boy saints have moved into town already
could Werrimull move to Chaffey school ovals(old tech) as well?
Maybe a delagation system from the SFL could work?
Im sure all this has all been discussed before

the league isnt going too flash at the moment to cop another wack.
Macca is stepping down as league president siteing family reasons
Nangiloc, their president is looking at hard time
Meringur, reports are they have very little committee
Euston looked in dire straits early on but looks to have pulled through

Both Nangy and Roos sides are looking shakey on the field

maybe the league needs to start to push into another direction.
A direction that may not be liked by everyone but the only option for long term survival.
Lets look, the school boy saints have moved into town already
could Werrimull move to Chaffey school ovals(old tech) as well?
Maybe a delagation system from the SFL could work?
Im sure all this has all been discussed before
yes dredful news about woulfy, i think from everybodys view who are involved with millewa footy, woulfy is regarded as a great bloke!a bloke who always has time for anybody and has been an engine to the millewa footy league for so long to keep it up and running!!! why this has happend i dont know,it is very very hard to understand!!! condolences to the bone family and the nangi footy club!!!! at the end of the day i am sure the millewa football leauge will go on!!

If they are just in it for a game and some beer they must be drinking liquid gold at Bambill!!

Couple of them blokes are getting good money to perform and the one time they go away to show another area how good the Millewa Football League is they look as though they are there on holiday and playing against some second rate side.

Stop making excuses for these people who were picked to represent the Millewa Football League and make them accountable by saying that they didn't give a sh!t about having a bit of pride in the jumper and for the team. To go away to a rep game and get flogged by a hundred points is disgraceful and should be frowned upon by anyone associated with Millewa football.

Emonster, are you implying that the Bambill boys who went away to represent the league didn't try to perform to their optimum. To loose by 100 points meant that the whole side was not up to that standard and not just a few. After speaking to the boys and the coach they admitted the the Brocken hill boys were just too good on the day. To lay blame on a few is just not fair!!!!!

Emonster, are you implying that the Bambill boys who went away to represent the league didn't try to perform to their optimum. To loose by 100 points meant that the whole side was not up to that standard and not just a few. After speaking to the boys and the coach they admitted the the Brocken hill boys were just too good on the day. To lay blame on a few is just not fair!!!!!

It's not just the Bambill boys mate, there are a few others that get paid to perform and they need to pull their finger out. Sorry if I came off as just blaming the Bambill boys. But it need looking into.

The MFL is a joke when against Broken Hill. They were never going to be good enough and never have over the past 3 years. Time to give it up and look to a comp wher the MFl is going to be competative... as I have said all along, why not try the Riverland Indpendant in SA, those blokes also play for a beer and would be about the same standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back