Millewa Football League 2006 - end of 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Millewa Football League

Spoke with ******** Garlick yesterday and he was saying Golly are at panic stations. He said the club had rang him wanting to know if he new of some players that they could possibly recruit. Also mentioned that the club knew of the player retirments and the others heading back to the SFL but simply thought players would fall in their laps. Could be a long year for the Hawks for a change??
I spoke to a goly player today and he mentioned the most they have had at training is 9 player and that only 12 players from last yrs GF have indicated they will be playing 2007. Sparra is a b loody good bloke and hopefully things work out well for him.

I spoke to a goly player today and he mentioned the most they have had at training is 9 player and that only 12 players from last yrs GF have indicated they will be playing 2007. Sparra is a b loody good bloke and hopefully things work out well for him.

good, they have had their day in the sun.
what confuses me is, why cant they get players?
They dont train far away from town and they are coming from a premiership year?
Maybe they have burnt the 2nd rung players too many times and they have walked?
Im a Hawthorn supporter so i already know the club song, i wonder if they have number 23 free?

good, they have had their day in the sun.
what confuses me is, why cant they get players?
They dont train far away from town and they are coming from a premiership year?
Maybe they have burnt the 2nd rung players too many times and they have walked?
Im a Hawthorn supporter so i already know the club song, i wonder if they have number 23 free?

You are exactly right, the issue is they have burnt too many local blokes and second rung players. No doubt they have had a lot of good years in the past but they have not done much in the way of building a solid playing group for the future. Too short sighted and too interested in getting 3 in a row.... seems as though there has been zero time put into the medium term........On field.

Off the ground I hear they are working on facilities etc so that might be ok as the Wenty Shire wants to develop the complex and they will get the benifit of it.

My humble opinion is it will be great to see them come back to reality, good for the MFL and probably good for the club in the longer term as the air is pretty thin at the hights they were at and I am sure it was effecting some of them

Hey i heard a rumor that fridge signed a 3 year deal, but then he ate it, had about 10 beers and retired, can anyone clarify this one for me?

Well its kinda sad that a side can be funded so much by a local pub! I think money is killing country footy! Sure gol gol has been good over the last couple of years, but they shouldve bought 5 houseboats instead, good financial return all year round and they wouldnt be viewed as complete ********ers instead!

Well its kinda sad that a side can be funded so much by a local pub! I think money is killing country footy! Sure gol gol has been good over the last couple of years, but they shouldve bought 5 houseboats instead, good financial return all year round and they wouldnt be viewed as complete ********ers instead!
mate you have no idea what your talking about when it comes to the GGHFC. They hardly paid any players to get 3 in a row and those players have been loyal for many years. The club looks after its players and thats why they have been so successful over the last 8 years winning 5 premierships and 2 runners up. Give the club and committee some credit and there is still loyality in country footy! its not all based around money as you think!

mate you have no idea what your talking about when it comes to the GGHFC. They hardly paid any players to get 3 in a row and those players have been loyal for many years. The club looks after its players and thats why they have been so successful over the last 8 years winning 5 premierships and 2 runners up. Give the club and committee some credit and there is still loyality in country footy! its not all based around money as you think!
so there is nothing going wrong with Gol Gol this year?
OK then.
9 players at training.
Oh yeah they must be the loyal ones.

two x runners-up. none better than 2003. 27 points up with 12 minutes to go. player sent off and taunts the opposition bench as he walks past. two shots at goal for 2 behinds. lose by 1 point.

i find it very hard to believe that they didn't pay players immense money to have the talent they had - for a minor league anyway.

two x runners-up. none better than 2003. 27 points up with 12 minutes to go. player sent off and taunts the opposition bench as he walks past. two shots at goal for 2 behinds. lose by 1 point.

i find it very hard to believe that they didn't pay players immense money to have the talent they had - for a minor league anyway.
Yes Golly have lost players this year, many through retirement and they will struggle but after being the most successful club in the last 10 years I find it very hard how you can bag them so easily. How about giving credit where credit is due. Their turn has come to rebuild just like any other side thats been at the top for so long. Every successful club even AFL sides have to do this.

As for the money side NO they have not handed out the big money as you seem to think. There are players still out there that still play for the love of the game, the mateship and the chance to play in a premiership rather than huge dollars. Even last year Golly played with as little as 19/20 players in some games and the players on the bench were asked to fill in, not regular weekly players. So with the retirements, some players moving on and golly not paying big money to recruit their numbers have diminished this year.

... after being the most successful club in the last 10 years I find it very hard how you can bag them so easily. How about giving credit where credit is due..

credit where it is due. golly have been the most successful side in the last 10 years. there's no disputing that. i just have REALLY good memories of 2003.

Hey Disco, now that Goly have come back to the field it seems as though it's your mobs turn to throw some cash around! Not saying you have been but there are a lot of blokes on here baggin Goly for spending money but yet now bambill are dishing it out it doesn't seem a problem!

How is it that when Goly were so strong (not saying they wont be) that it wasn't good for the league but now your blokes are on such a huge recruiting drive, spending heaps, it's all of a sudden good for the league?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Disco, now that Goly have come back to the field it seems as though it's your mobs turn to throw some cash around! Not saying you have been but there are a lot of blokes on here baggin Goly for spending money but yet now bambill are dishing it out it doesn't seem a problem!

How is it that when Goly were so strong (not saying they wont be) that it wasn't good for the league but now your blokes are on such a huge recruiting drive, spending heaps, it's all of a sudden good for the league?

my mob isn't bambill, geebruz.

My bad!!!!

As said in previous thread the discoduck is a Werrimull boy and ex premiership player!!

Would be good to see the boys do it again this year.

By all accounts they are looking ok with a few guys jumping on board to give a red hot go for the little fella(Matty Symes).:thumbsu:

Whats the form like since 03 discoduck?

Looking at pulling the boots back on in the big smoke?:confused:

seeing discoduck is a hawthorn supporter........
my guess is he is an ex south player now full forward for the pies? ;)
Am i right? :)

seeing discoduck is a hawthorn supporter........
my guess is he is an ex south player now full forward for the pies? ;)
Am i right? :)

Close but know cigar!!

Discoduck is a handy h/f on off the pine a bit because of fitness concerns.

Was ex robinvale and is working and living in Melbourne.

Close but know cigar!!

Discoduck is a handy h/f on off the pine a bit because of fitness concerns.

Was ex robinvale and is working and living in Melbourne.

and i'm guessing bigrig is an ageing full-forward, well past his glory days of st arnaud, queenbeyan and griffith. discoduck could play anywhere, i would have thought. :)

am thinking long and hard about a comeback this year, bigrig. getting the weight down (slowly), ready to pull the boots on, perhaps at kilmore in the riddell and district.

and i'm guessing bigrig is an ageing full-forward, well past his glory days of st arnaud, queenbeyan and griffith. discoduck could play anywhere, i would have thought. :)

am thinking long and hard about a comeback this year, bigrig. getting the weight down (slowly), ready to pull the boots on, perhaps at kilmore in the riddell and district.

Lets get a few things straight discoduck. Not St Arnard but Donald and I also play CHB/CHF for most of my career until age and weight took control with the occassion in the pocket & H/F and would you believe FB.

To say you could play anywhere is stretching the truth but do believe that i have seen you play some decent footy in both the back & forward half.

Good to see that the comeback is near as you are still young enough to run around and get the body back into shape!!:D

Lets get a few things straight discoduck. Not St Arnard but Donald and I also play CHB/CHF for most of my career until age and weight took control with the occassion in the pocket & H/F and would you believe FB.

To say you could play anywhere is stretching the truth but do believe that i have seen you play some decent footy in both the back & forward half.

Good to see that the comeback is near as you are still young enough to run around and get the body back into shape!!:D

you would have been the loosest full back EVER.

you would have been the loosest full back EVER.

Amazing what a bit of youth and fitness could do. Even kept a couple of players goaless.

But did get a touch up from the great man Terry Daniher who was coaching Wagga Tigers at the time. Age never bother this bloke as he just ran all day to the point of exhaustion. I was 26 and he was closing on 40. Could play the game!!:thumbsu:

But these days the chasing and picking up a man has definetly slipped.:D

I note Gol Gol Seem to be rejecting Clearances to SFL clubs, can't see they can do it really?

They must also realise that it works both ways, where do they think the majority of their players have come from over the past few years?

Had a look on the leagues transfers and it's good to see that Nangiloc are picking up some new players. Are any of 2005 players heading back to the club?Did the league have something in place where those guys who went to another club,had an open clearence back to Nangiloc if they wanted to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back