List Mgmt. Mind your own business Dermie

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure Derm deserves angst for his opinion about Billy (even though he will be a *restricted free agent at the end of the year) I wouldn't want to see Billy leave us but the point that we have a plethora of quality small forwards is legit.

Dermie rambles, he knows his sh*t IMO but in an effort to dress his sentences his message loses power.

* EDIT: Unrestricted free agent

Last edited:
I'm not sure Derm deserves angst for his opinion about Billy (even though he will be a restricted free agent at the end of the year) I wouldn't want to see Billy leave us but the point that we have a plethora of quality small forwards is legit.

Dermie rambles, he knows his sh*t IMO but in an effort to dress his sentences his message loses power.
Unrestricted

Lol the entitlement around here sometimes...

I’ve got no issue with this opinion piece. It actually one of the more comprehensive thoughts to come out of that mans brain.

We aren’t a protected species, believe it or not, journalists are allowed to write pieces about who we should trade. And guess what, it won’t impact who we actually decide to trade at all. So chill.

LOL Moore is AA quality if he can get right and some of you want to give him away?

I guarantee the same people would be screaming blue murder if he could be got right by another team and achieved his potential.

Gee there are some nummies around.

The lad needs some sensible people around him and a halfway decent run at it.

LOL, article headlines with ...

“Dermott Brereton has urged Collingwood to consider trading Jamie Elliott”

... article ends with ...

“Elliott becomes a restricted free agent at the end of the season.”

#clickbait

I got sucked in as well thinking he'd be a restricted free agent, but there's no way he's in the top 9-10 paid players at the club.

Personally I don't really want to be seeing Stevo deep forward as much next year - he needs to start transitioning to whatever his role is going to be (wing or midfield) in year 3, so we'd still have a place for a fit and firing Elliott throwing in 40-50 goals next year. Add that to 35-40 from Mihocek and 40-50 from DeGoey (as well as 15-30 from a few of the other usual suspects) and suddenly we have an extremely potent forward line once again.

Last edited:
I am yet to see Elliot and De Goey play well together whilst Mihocek and Stevenson also having decent games...

Its like Elliot takes a back seat and holds back. Could be better off starting off the bench and overlapping with De Goey when he moves mid field.
they only thing is that if Eilliott can hold his form then over the next year or two Stevenson can play more and more midfield minutes.

Bucks responded to Dermie's comments last night on Talking Footy - made the point that Jamie spent plenty of time on the wing on Friday night and has always played mid-field minutes (at least when fitness allows), so he can continue to co-exist with Stevo, JDG et al.

The likely challenge will be that surely some suitors who come knocking on his door this off-season. Given the numbers already being tossed around for the likes of Jack Martin...

Bucks responded to Dermie's comments last night on Talking Footy - made the point that Jamie spent plenty of time on the wing on Friday night and has always played mid-field minutes (at least when fitness allows), so he can continue to co-exist with Stevo, JDG et al.

The likely challenge will be that surely some suitors who come knocking on his door this off-season. Given the numbers already being tossed around for the likes of Jack Martin...

Yeah, if you look at the AFL tracker, he spent 100% in the forward half. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I know you need to make headlines Dermie - but we want Jamie and reckon he'll do ok alongside JDG and Stevo

What Dermie has failed to consider, is that we need three gun small forwards in our team as contingency in the unlikely event (but likely at Collingwood) that one or more of them throws a ball to their dog and accidentally breaks their hand, gets busted in some silly betting scandal, gets diagnosed with some bizarrely rare back condition, gets sanctioned for drunk driving, or anything else along those lines.

Yeah, if you look at the AFL tracker, he spent 100% in the forward half. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

The AFL tracker is wrong. There is game footage of him on the defensive wing - the commentators even made a point of it on the call “Elliott is a long long way from home”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got sucked in as well thinking he'd be a restricted free agent, but there's no way he's in the top 9-10 paid players at the club.

Personally I don't really want to be seeing Stevo deep forward as much next year - he needs to start transitioning to whatever his role is going to be (wing or midfield) in year 3, so we'd still have a place for a fit and firing Elliott throwing in 40-50 goals next year. Add that to 35-40 from Mihocek and 40-50 from DeGoey (as well as 15-30 from a few of the other usual suspects) and suddenly we have an extremely potent forward line once again.
Why does Stevo need to transition into a new role just because he's entering his 3rd year, when he's at his best as a full forward?

LOL Moore is AA quality if he can get right and some of you want to give him away?

I guarantee the same people would be screaming blue murder if he could be got right by another team and achieved his potential.

Gee there are some nummies around.

The lad needs some sensible people around him and a halfway decent run at it.
Will Moore ever be truly “right” though? Strong body of opinion that a lot of his problems are between the ears. Yes, he’s hugely talented, but he does seem to have a pretty fragile psyche as well as being injury prone.

This has been going on for several years now. Just cannot rely on him getting through any game, even though he has been passed fit to play. Hate to be in a grand final and Moore goes off (again) after 5 minutes with “ hamstring tightness”, and we’re a man short for the rest of the game.

Why does Stevo need to transition into a new role just because he's entering his 3rd year, when he's at his best as a full forward?

Perhaps because Stevo is a key part of our next gen midfield and a few of our midfield group are entering their twilight years now?

Yes he has been good up forward, but we can't keep him there permanently for too much longer, as much of a luxury as it is to have him inside F50. He needs to be getting more midfield time into him if he is to develop into the gun midfielder he looks like he can be.

If Gold Coast offered their number 1 pick, and Jamie wants to pick up a 5 year deal, you would expect the deal to be done.

I guess , but what are the odds of anyone of sound mind offering Jamie 5 years given his injury history. You'd have to be nuts

Tony+Cochrane+Chairman+CEO+Press+Conference+IS_P6W9tu6Sl.jpg

Don't you have to be in the top 25% of salary at your club to qualify for free agency? Would Elliott meet that criteria? I doubt it.

I think those rules are out the door. Technicalities have been replaced by players wanting to leave. If Elliot says that he wants to leave to grab a longterm big paypacket, then I think they would trade him.

No. Fasolo left via free agency.

So it's the difference between being a RFA and an UFA; my mistake.

Players who are in the top 25 per cent of salaries at their club (that is, in the club’s top nine-10 paid players) are eligible for restricted free agency the first time they are out of contract, if they have served at least eight years with the club.

Players who are not in the top 25 per cent of salaries at their club (that is, in the club’s top nine-10 paid players) are eligible for unrestricted free agency if they have served at least eight years with the club.

Lol the entitlement around here sometimes...

I’ve got no issue with this opinion piece. It actually one of the more comprehensive thoughts to come out of that mans brain.

We aren’t a protected species, believe it or not, journalists are allowed to write pieces about who we should trade. And guess what, it won’t impact who we actually decide to trade at all. So chill.

In general this is my take, but Dermie overstepped with this. He’s a gameday analyst not a list management analyst.

He opened himself up to any and all criticism he cops because it’s a shitful call when you could just shift JDG up the field to provide Elliott more room and opportunities. As much as he’s been a workhorse this past month JDG is a massive upgrade on Wills through the middle.

In general this is my take, but Dermie overstepped with this. He’s a gameday analyst not a list management analyst.

He opened himself up to any and all criticism he cops because it’s a s**tful call when you could just shift JDG up the field to provide Elliott more room and opportunities. As much as he’s been a workhorse this past month JDG is a massive upgrade on Wills through the middle.
Yeah absolutely he is open to criticism... but by no means does he need to ‘mind his own business’ in terms of what we should do with Jamie Elliott. He can say and write what he wants. As i said, at the end of the day what he says doesn’t mean shit.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Mind your own business Dermie

Remove this Banner Ad

Back