Mininera and District FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only player I heard that they may have approached was Ballarat captain, Ash Baker who is apparently from that area. Can anyone confirm?

dont think i could see ash baker walk away from the swans bloods, is a cult hero there... probably more like god actually after his goal after the siren 2 win them the flag...

My word is they have approached several people, however no takers yet..
One of these was reported to be Stawell coach Dale Power..
From what I hear two people have applied for the position, however Moyston are still going through a process and seeing who else is out there..

Couldnt see or believe Bobby Power heading down to MW, especially with all the work that he has put in to the Warriors over the years, would be a shame to see him leave and miss out on the opportunity of another flag to add to the one from 2000. That is of course if anyane can actually get close to those bloody Horsham Demons!

dont think i could see ash baker walk away from the swans bloods, is a cult hero there... probably more like god actually after his goal after the siren 2 win them the flag...

Tend to agree.. Captained a grand final, won the game with a kick after the siren and was recently named best and fairest for 2008.

Couldnt see or believe Bobby Power heading down to MW, especially with all the work that he has put in to the Warriors over the years, would be a shame to see him leave and miss out on the opportunity of another flag to add to the one from 2000. That is of course if anyane can actually get close to those bloody Horsham Demons!

Dont think he was ever a chance of heading to the Pumas, just hear that they may have approached him..
Power has recently moved to Melbourne to take up a job with Tennis Australia, one of the reasons (I believe) as to why he stepped down from Stawell.
Has planned to return to Stawell as a player, however there was some discomfort there with Power unhappy about Stawell's unwillingness to provide some sort of incentive to come home..
Think he was disappointed that after his work Stawell didnt exactly plan on looking after him too well if he came home to play - this is just me reading between the lines...
Anyway im unsure whether he is still planning on travelling home to play - but i wud wager that he will!

Tend to agree.. Captained a grand final, won the game with a kick after the siren and was recently named best and fairest for 2008.

Does not stop a club from approaching him, which is all I said.....afterall he is a local product!

If I was on the LD recruiting committee, that is the ideal player to chase, and they should throw everything they can at him.

Does not stop a club from approaching him, which is all I said.....afterall he is a local product!

If I was on the LD recruiting committee, that is the ideal player to chase.

Couldnt agree more, if he is a local boy then he is the first person the club should be chasing!!
Would take something special to entice him back to the Demons but good luck to them, would be fantastic for the club if they could!

Do you know any other coaching news Bumbles?

I believe Moyston Willaura have two applicants for their coaching position, however are continuing to search for other possible candidates..
Whether this is because they are unhappy with the applicants or whether they believe there is someone better out there - who knows?

Have been told they approached former Ararat defender Joe Waring who now lives in Geelong but were unsuccessful.. Rumour has it they had offered to appoint Waring and this year's under 17 Ararat Eagles coach William Bell to the senior position in a joint role..

Other names thrown around have been Dale Power (as previously mentioned on this thread), and Daniel Parkin who is another Stawell boy..

As for the other clubs it has been fairly quiet on the coaching front!

Any more news from u Bloods?

I believe Moyston Willaura have two applicants for their coaching position, however are continuing to search for other possible candidates..
Whether this is because they are unhappy with the applicants or whether they believe there is someone better out there - who knows?

Have been told they approached former Ararat defender Joe Waring who now lives in Geelong but were unsuccessful.. Rumour has it they had offered to appoint Waring and this year's under 17 Ararat Eagles coach William Bell to the senior position in a joint role..

Other names thrown around have been Dale Power (as previously mentioned on this thread), and Daniel Parkin who is another Stawell boy..

As for the other clubs it has been fairly quiet on the coaching front!

Any more news from u Bloods?

Daniel Parkin who has been over sea's for 12months!? Find that interesting!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

terry is the best player moyston have got. maybe they might go with a guy like brendon pieater's he's got a very good footy brain and a top footballer to boot just ask him.

terry is the best player moyston have got. maybe they might go with a guy like brendon pieater's he's got a very good footy brain and a top footballer to boot just ask him.

TK would be great i reckon, has a good rapport with the playing group out there after being assistant this year and would be a good choice for them!

And yes the big BP can play a bit, he is especially good in the pub after the game!!

My son was telling me tonight that the talk at school was that
clint dudman, tom poole, allan noone and eddy guthridge have been approached by the camperdown u18s to play in 2009.
With l/d's list getting older every year dont think they can afford to let the young boys go

I hear a gun player from Bendigo way may be joining Caramut next year. His brother or cousin plays in the side. He has won three flags in the past three years. Not sure if he's moving over or will travel.

The Rams have appointed Simon Hatherall from Hamilton in the Western Border Football League to replace Dean 'Jumbo' Jenkinson as coach for 2009.
Hatherall was an assistant to Mark Watts this year, but next season's appointment will be his first foray as an out and out senior coach.
Don't know much more about him, only that he is a school teacher and is in his mid 20's.

edit: 31 years old
Was a KP defender with Hamilton last season.
Played with Shepparton United as a defender in 2007.

The Rams have appointed Simon Hatherall from Hamilton in the Western Border Football League to replace Dean 'Jumbo' Jenkinson as coach for 2009.
Hatherall was an assistant to Mark Watts this year, but next season's appointment will be his first foray as an out and out senior coach.
Don't know much more about him, only that he is a school teacher and is in his mid 20's.

Fairly young then Bloods, which may not be a bad thing - Nic Byrne was said to have done a fantastic job at SMW Rovers despite them just missing the finals...
May be good to have a new face and some fresh ideas around the place, hopefully the club gets behind Simon and moves on from the debacle just before last year's final series...

Fairly young then Bloods, which may not be a bad thing - Nic Byrne was said to have done a fantastic job at SMW Rovers despite them just missing the finals...
May be good to have a new face and some fresh ideas around the place, hopefully the club gets behind Simon and moves on from the debacle just before last year's final series...

No doubt a new face can re-invigorate the place a bit. Hopefully he can bring a few players, because a few young ones will probably go to the WBFL to try their luck.

Byrnesy was good, but he was also local and well-respected, Hatherall has to gain that yet, as a player and coach....I hope he does!

The only issue I have is the way the club went about it with Jumbo.....anyway let's hope that all goes well from here on in.

The biggest concern for me, and I hope the committee places just as much effort into this area......is the under 16 situation. It is crisis time as far as our very own numbers go......13 all up is all we have.

Doug Rogerson did the job last season, but only because Jumbo was senior coach and was able to assist Doug to the point that he took most trainings because Doug more often than not could not make training because of work. Indications are that they now may need an U16 coach, and one that is prepared to go out and recruit players from Hamilton either as 'permit' players or to the club as 'their' own players.

I know the job Doug did last season was fantastic, not only teaching the players, but he was forever on the phone chasing players from in town, organising rides for them etc etc.

Whoever takes on the role will need to do more than turn up at the ground and expect the kids to be there.

If we lose our U16 team, we lose any chance of holding our young talent, full stop!!......plus families of those players who may have to go elsewhere for their kids football!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back