Strategy Mission "2028": Taking the Club Back

What are you willing to invest for members regaining control over the club?

• Nothing (It's a lost cause. Why bother?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Money (I could put some capital so others may act on my behalf.)

• Both Time and Money (This is a cause I'm fully invested in, and I would a lot to see it happening.)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
A BigFooty thredrea

From Brainstorm to Action to Goal

There's a clause in the Crows' Constitution which allows their members to regain control of the club after October 31st, 2028. We don't have such a clause in ours. However, this will become a topic in four years time; if not sooner than that.

RussellEbertHandball has been talking about this for a while already. We cannot be unprepared for the moment it happens. Cancelling memberships and praying for stickerman to return are not enough. We must take proper action.

What can we actually do?

This is a space where we can try answering that question. From all the garbage that inevitably comes up, good ideas will certainly emerge.

People here have different skill sets. We should be able to find ways of combining those for the benefit of the cause.

The 2024 season is over. It's offseason. The best time to discuss such a matter is now. Thus, I'll ask it again:

What can we actually do in order to take the club back for its members?

I will start with one.

I've already brought this up. I think that we should get institutionalized (in Leftspeak, "unionized").

I envision some sort of supporters' association established for bringing Port under membership control.

It would also help prepare the members for the task of running the club, because we would already have the experience of running an organization.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Mission "2028": Taking the Club Back

Back