MRP / Trib. Mitch Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

It needs to be investigated. If what they say about brown is true and he is found guilty he needs a severe penalty and it should be referred to the police.
I'd be pretty dirty on SFFC and the young kid in question if they took that route. If his career was wrecked I wouldn't begrudge him taking civil action, but police action?

Someone needs to speak to masten about his choice of words and tell him to pull his head in. Reality is both masten and brown are expendible and can be replaced by players with more talent and better characters.
What drugs have you been taking?

Innocent until proven guilty!!

However it's not looking good for brown. 50-100m off the ball. 17 yr old kid ends up with a badly broken jaw/cheek bone.

It needs to be investigated. If what they say about brown is true and he is found guilty he needs a severe penalty and it should be referred to the police. Off the ball incidents in involving violence have no place in football and society. Being an AFL listed footballer does not put you above the law.

The eagles have done a tremendous job in cleaning up their image by cleaning out the players with bad character and poor attitude. I'd hate for this too set them back.

Someone needs to speak to masten about his choice of words and tell him to pull his head in. Reality is both masten and brown are expendible and can be replaced by players with more talent and better characters.

I thought shuey and schofield handled the situation perfectly.

Lots of nice snide-ish comments about our club. Perhaps your focus could be closer to home?

As for Masten, he is a clearly a bit of a dick at times, but cant see what he has said here that is an issue?

As for McGrath, perhaps people should re read the post from Eastern Hills, he has carried on exactly as you might expect him to if you'd either met the bloke or had him on your clubs list at some point. Given that his on field weaknesses were his commitment to getting better and to putting his head over the ball - back when he was on our list - perhaps the "tough guy" bollocks comes from some inner angst that he needs to sort out :p

Masten is not expendible! Find a player on out list that is younger and better at what he does. Actually find a player on the Saints list that is under 30 and better.

I wonder if any eagles officials were carrying on after this game like they were when brad sheppard had his jaw broken in an off the ball incident which he instigated. In that case the player involved copped a four week ban with little evidence at the time.
As for brown it's not the first time he's gone stupid at wafl level behind the ball. His behaviour whilst playing reserves for peel one game last year was a disgrace and he was lucky then he don't cause someone an injury.

A regrettable incident - I've had a broken jaw and it is no fun, I assure you. Hope the Shaw kid recovers well.
By the way, how did Mitch Brown play? - from the sounds of things he was playing CHF. Any news on how he went? - without the smart cracks :)

What's wrong with what Masten said?
It wasn't a good choice of words but to suggest the Eagles should dump him because of his questionable character is ridiculous. Even so about Brown. Assuming he's done the wrong thing he will pay the price and this will wash over. You don't burn a guy's career over a mistake like that. Brown has plenty to offer I feel. He's only out because Glass, Mckenzie, and Schoey are doing so well. Brown will get his shot.

Yah not the best choice of words, but if it were an accident - accidents do happen - and Masten should have said that rather than what he did..

I highly doubt Brown actually KO'd the kid, would have been an accident - channel 7 are reporting a head clash. Very unlike Brown to do it but if he did he should be ashamed and cop what ever is given.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'm saying the fact that they couldn't confront brown about it in person and instead took to twitter as keyboard warriors shows me that while they preach the whole looking out for your teammate stuff, that it obviously doesn't count if they're a big bodied AFL player and sticking up for your mates in that circumstance is best left to the cowardly insults over the internet.

As opposed to a cowardly assult on the football feild. :thumbsdown:

Not a big concern for me however if he does miss AFL matches, not near our best 22 anyway.

The problem is he is one LTI to Glass, Mackenzie or Schofield away from best 22.

We need our depth players available just in case.

As opposed to a cowardly assult on the football feild. :thumbsdown:

DIE! DIE!

trollrepellent.jpg

probably not, but it is quoting what the only eye witness that has said anything publicly, said.

Channel Eagle downplaying the incident? What a surprise.

he's right, we should start drawing and publishing conclusions from little to no evidence like idiots.

That dam channel eagle

The only reason the dockers havnt had success in the last 15 years

Always holding them back, and at the same time positively influencing the WAFL/AFL tribunals to accept their claim that it was "accidental" for Eagle reports.
It's a conspiracy I tells ya

Remove this Banner Ad

Back