MRP / Trib. Mitch Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Toby McGrath is a good person he has just got a little hot under the collar,
and said some things from a anger point of view.

Once he has had time to reflect he probaly wishes he hadn't said anything.

As you know I have very good contacts at south, and yes they are very angry rightly so.

As for Mitch Brown he was responding to some strong verbal from Mason Shaw, he has gone to far in breaking his jaw but obviously didn't want to hurt the kid that bad.

And yes Mason is a star, he is a top draft prospect and WA's under 18's main foward target.

Funny thing is Mason trained with wce early this year, is a top prospect and someone WCE would want to draft.

Toby Mcgrath is also a ex eagle as well.

was it a hall on staker type hit? conca on who ever it was other week type hit? salmon on ling tyoe hit? mcginnity type hit? there are so many different ways of doing it, everyone is talking about broken jaw, but noone is saying how.

As for Mitch Brown he was responding to some strong verbal from Mason Shaw, he has gone to far in breaking his jaw but obviously didn't want to hurt the kid that bad.
It's all good, he'll just go the Des Headland defence. :eek: Really disappointed then, shouldn't let a few words get to you and go and whack someone, if that is what happen.

I've heard that Shaw could be out for up to 12 weeks.. does that seem excessive for a broken jaw? Sylvia was back in 4 weeks from his.

Looks like the boys have been told off all the tweets have been removed. For the best

was it a hall on staker type hit? conca on who ever it was other week type hit? salmon on ling tyoe hit? mcginnity type hit? there are so many different ways of doing it, everyone is talking about broken jaw, but noone is saying how.

Noone is saying how because virtually noone actually saw it. Surely the crowd at the game would only be 100 or so, and if it was 100m behind play then the goal umpire is one of the few who is likely to have seen it.

The only guy who's claimed to have seen it first hand tweeted (since deleted)
"@Mitchbrownie sweet elbow behind play pal".
and then
"@SportOz_WAFL Mitchell brown knocks out mason shaw 100m behind play #dumbasdogshit"

I doubt that Toby or Adam Gugs or many of the South players saw it either (which is probably why, Mr Shuey, they didn't retaliate on field (other than the likely repercussions that apply to on field retaliation - and no, I'm not agreeing with the idea of off field retaliation, I'm happy to leave it to the tribunal).

Now that the whole Toby show has died down (and Nic Nait and Ashton Hams have stopped laughing) I guess we'll have to wait for the WAFL tribunal decision and then start complaining about persecution, bias or coverups!

Noone is saying how because virtually noone actually saw it. Surely the crowd at the game would only be 100 or so, and if it was 100m behind play then the goal umpire is one of the few who is likely to have seen it.

The only guy who's claimed to have seen it first hand tweeted (since deleted)
"@Mitchbrownie sweet elbow behind play pal".
and then
"@SportOz_WAFL Mitchell brown knocks out mason shaw 100m behind play #dumbasdogshit"

I doubt that Toby or Adam Gugs or many of the South players saw it either (which is probably why, Mr Shuey, they didn't retaliate on field (other than the likely repercussions that apply to on field retaliation - and no, I'm not agreeing with the idea of off field retaliation, I'm happy to leave it to the tribunal).

Now that the whole Toby show has died down (and Nic Nait and Ashton Hams have stopped laughing) I guess we'll have to wait for the WAFL tribunal decision and then start complaining about persecution, bias or coverups!

1329350212673.jpg

no not yet, wait until the tribunal finds him guilty or not guilty, then we'll know which one of us needs to use the pic!

if he's fine not guilty then he's not guilty, if he's found guilty then he's guilty. they're the ones doing the investigating, not us. their decision will be made on evidence, not clueless guessing by bigfooty members.

It's not as though it's relevant or anything, but I'm pretty sure the 'kid' is a couple of months past 18, not 17 as many have said.

Toby McGrath is an absolute half wit. Show some sort of an example. Not what you expect from someone who has captained multiple premierships and won a sandover medal.

Also, what did Shuey's tweet actually mean? Was he merely pointing out McGrath had the chance to deal with Browny on the field and he didn't?

It's not as though it's relevant or anything, but I'm pretty sure the 'kid' is a couple of months past 18, not 17 as many have said.

Toby McGrath is an absolute half wit. Show some sort of an example. Not what you expect from someone who has captained multiple premierships and won a sandover medal.

Also, what did Shuey's tweet actually mean? Was he merely pointing out McGrath had the chance to deal with Browny on the field and he didn't?

Shuey was making the point that Twitter isn't the place to air your grievances with a player. The fact there was nothing done on the field is unusual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As opposed to a cowardly assult on the football feild. :thumbsdown:

You are an idiot and just a troll. Back to your own board where you can safely whinge about our club.:thumbsdown:

Seems to involve other facial fractures as well, not just the jaw.

Shaw has a fractured Cheekbone and Eye sockett , not a broken Jaw evidently .

Shaw has admitted provoking Brown and McGrath is being councelled by SF . Still no escuse for Brown's actions and Brown will miss a month or two I suspect !

Shaw has a fractured Cheekbone and Eye sockett , not a broken Jaw evidently .

Yeah, that's what I thought when they're saying a 12 week injury. You just gotta hope it's not like some players in the past who've never quite come back the same from serious facial injuries.

Shaw has admitted provoking Brown and McGrath is being councelled by SF . Still no escuse for Brown's actions and Brown will miss a month or two I suspect !

IMO too many players get in the face of others or mouth off these days under the full protection of a more sanitised modern game. While I agree that big cowardly hits don't belong in our game anymore, it doesn't exactly grieve me to know that a mouthy player was put back in box. The real pity here is the extent of the injury; hope the kid will be alright.

Is there such thing as precedence in these tribunal hearings?

If so i think this incident has similarities to two cases.

1. The hall hit on staker - this is what you call an unprovoked king hit on a player. If deemed to be similar to this, the maximum penalty Brown can get is 7 weeks.

2. The Selwood, hedland saga - this was selwood provoking hedland with some absolutely disgusting taunts and hedland reacting like anyone would if this was said to them. If deemed to be similar to this, Brown will get off scott free.

1. The hall hit on staker - this is what you call an unprovoked king hit on a player. If deemed to be similar to this, the maximum penalty Brown can get is 7 weeks.

2. The Selwood, hedland saga - this was selwood provoking hedland with some absolutely disgusting taunts and hedland reacting like anyone would if this was said to them. If deemed to be similar to this, Brown will get off scott free.

I didn't realise Selwood admitted to those remarks.

Different comp, different rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back