Mitch Clark - The Second Attempt

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
M Clark >> Freo
2 end of 1st rd compo's from Freo and Bris & pick 8 >> GWS
Pick 5 & pick 9 & 38(freo) >> Bris

Of course this might need to be worked at but everyone gets something out of that deal:thumbsu:

I doubt GWS would give up pick 5. That would be silly.

In effect GWS are trading for 2 end of 1st rd picks for pick 9 and down grading pick 5 to pick 8. GWS have stated they'd be hunting for compo picks. So I think it can't be called silly.

Perhaps pick 9 is little high - how about

Mitch >> Freo
2 end 1st rd compo's and pick 8 >> GWS
Picks 11 and 5 and 38 >> Brisbane

my best idea for a trade that also includes Lions getting Tippett

Crows
Lose: Pick 10, Tippett
Gain: Ebert or Lycett, Pick 8, Pick 23, Lions Compo Pick

Lions
Lose: Mitch Clark, Pick 8, compo Pick
gain: Pick 10 & Tippett

Eagles
Gain: Mitch Clark
Lose: Ebert or Lycett & Pick 23

?

Crows

Lions

Eagles

?

Tippet is overrated. I would give pick 8 and someone like patful. He is not worth that much more

is there any chance that Bris have enquired about Tom Swift as part of the Clark trade?

i know that Voss has been quoted as saying he was the 'best 16yo in the country'... of course that doesn't translate to his ability as a 21yo :(

just a thought as i was reading in the paper that clubs had inquired about him... i wouldn't think 23 + swift was enough for Clark but who knows...

Crows

Lions

Eagles

?
There's a very small chance of Clark going to WC (Paul Connors even acknowledges this) but theres no chance of Ebert going to the Crows imo. Crows have publicly said they don't want him as well.

Guess we'll see the same theoretical trades go around until there's an actual deal done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is there any chance that Bris have enquired about Tom Swift as part of the Clark trade?

i know that Voss has been quoted as saying he was the 'best 16yo in the country'... of course that doesn't translate to his ability as a 21yo :(

just a thought as i was reading in the paper that clubs had inquired about him... i wouldn't think 23 + swift was enough for Clark but who knows...

I think that might be the currrent offer, which Brisbane has said is not enough. Kerr's position was that Brisbane valued Clark at being at least pick 16 plus a fringe player.

I wonder if WC are planning to use the pick that they get from Port for Ebert to imporve the offer with the Lions potetially offering our third round pick as well to go back to WC.

Not sure what WC would think of that deal???

There's a very small chance of Clark going to WC (Paul Connors even acknowledges this) but theres no chance of Ebert going to the Crows imo. Crows have publicly said they don't want him as well.

Guess we'll see the same theoretical trades go around until there's an actual deal done.

That is just Crows talk...they always talk tough each trade season to try and get deals done on their terms...ie have clubs approach them.

If ebert was to be talked into going to the crows, the crows would easily look at offers as he would be a great armstrong replacement

Actually Crows have approached Ebert but he was all 'Port or nothing'.

There is interest there is.

In effect GWS are trading for 2 end of 1st rd picks for pick 9 and down grading pick 5 to pick 8. GWS have stated they'd be hunting for compo picks. So I think it can't be called silly.

Perhaps pick 9 is little high - how about

Mitch >> Freo
2 end 1st rd compo's and pick 8 >> GWS
Picks 11 and 5 and 38 >> Brisbane

An interesting way to think about it. I do like it and think it is fair. Obviously there will be other out there who disagree. Wonder if the clubs can be so inventive?

An interesting way to think about it. I do like it and think it is fair. Obviously there will be other out there who disagree. Wonder if the clubs can be so inventive?

Pretty sure my decent trade is ruined in the huge deal being cooked up lol:p
oh well as long as we get a fair trade from freo:thumbsu:

Interesting what the odds would be for what day the clark deal will get done...

regarding the Eagles going after Clark, surely Sumich would have inside knowledge about the genuine desire to sign clark at the eagles. I think they are very reluctant seeing as they already have a strong group of talls. More likely Dockers will send compo pick and second round pick to Brisbane for Clark. Otherwise they risk losing him for nothing in the preseason draft

regarding the Eagles going after Clark, surely Sumich would have inside knowledge about the genuine desire to sign clark at the eagles. I think they are very reluctant seeing as they already have a strong group of talls. More likely Dockers will send compo pick and second round pick to Brisbane for Clark. Otherwise they risk losing him for nothing in the preseason draft

*Cough* GWS*Cough* we would get a compo if they took him which would be more than likely.

*Cough* GWS*Cough* we would get a compo if they took him which would be more than likely.

You guys keep saying that but I guarantee all Lions supporters would be nervous if Mitch opted for the Pre-Season draft. There are no gurantees that GWS would pick up a player who has already turned down playing for them and who wants to return to WA for big $$$. I've noticed that Rob Kerr hasn't said anything about the Pre-Season draft yet either.

Kerr has said that Clark is a required player and will be treated as such. He was told we would try get him home as he requested if a trade could be done. If you offer crap, we won't take it and Clark will have to take his chances in the PSD, which considering he wants to go to WA, might not end up the way he would like.

Yes Freo didn't initiate this trade and aren't chasing Clark hard, but at the same time, Clark isn't leaving our club on bad terms. If getting to WA doesn't look likely with Freo, he might be happy to goto WC just to make sure he gets to the right State he wants to live in.

You Freo types think you hold all the power in this trade, truth is you don't.

You guys keep saying that but I guarantee all Lions supporters would be nervous if Mitch opted for the Pre-Season draft. There are no gurantees that GWS would pick up a player who has already turned down playing for them and who wants to return to WA for big $$$. I've noticed that Rob Kerr hasn't said anything about the Pre-Season draft yet either.

I say it because we are sick of Freo supporters saying we will screw them over with a second round pick or get him for nothing is the PSD when it clearly wont happen(No offence). I for one would not be all that nervous I am sure they would take him on his 600k they offered him 750k and he turned that down. And from memory I think he has but I am not sure on that. We will keep Mitch if a deal cannot be done he has at least said that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back