Mitch Clark - The Second Attempt

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kerr has said that Clark is a required player and will be treated as such. He was told we would try get him home as he requested if a trade could be done. If you offer crap, we won't take it and Clark will have to take his chances in the PSD, which considering he wants to go to WA, might not end up the way he would like.

Yes Freo didn't initiate this trade and aren't chasing Clark hard, but at the same time, Clark isn't leaving our club on bad terms. If getting to WA doesn't look likely with Freo, he might be happy to goto WC just to make sure he gets to the right State he wants to live in.

You Freo types think you hold all the power in this trade, truth is you don't.

No club ever holds all the power. But we do have the upper hand.

If West Coast can afford him then you have been offered pick 23 and they may throw in a player, one of whom you are quite happy with apparently. So a deal will get done. We have offered a pick around the same in the next draft and you are not interested in the players we are offering. So do a deal with West Coast. There is no point waiting around for Zac Clarke, because he will not be part of this deal, he has made it quite clear he isn't going anywhere and intends to be our number 1 ruckman in time.

I say it because we are sick of Freo supporters saying we will screw them over with a second round pick or get him for nothing is the PSD when it clearly wont happen(No offence). I for one would not be all that nervous I am sure they would take him on his 600k they offered him 750k and he turned that down. And from memory I think he has but I am not sure on that. We will keep Mitch if a deal cannot be done he has at least said that.

Stay cool, you know the Eagles are circling with a decent offer which is fantastic as it means his price will only go up.;)

If we land say pick 28 from Port for Ebert the offer would be 23 + 28 as a bare minimum. Or 23 + a midfielder, whichever option the Lions prefer.

At least you have a second team interested driving up the bids, the Crows are doing us no favours with Ebert.

regarding the Eagles going after Clark, surely Sumich would have inside knowledge about the genuine desire to sign clark at the eagles. I think they are very reluctant seeing as they already have a strong group of talls. More likely Dockers will send compo pick and second round pick to Brisbane for Clark. Otherwise they risk losing him for nothing in the preseason draft

You won't get anywhere without a first round pick.

16 + Compo Pick + Second Rnd Pick

Clark + Brisbanes Second Rnd Pick

I say it because we are sick of Freo supporters saying we will screw them over with a second round pick or get him for nothing is the PSD when it clearly wont happen(No offence).

West Coast will keep Fremantle honest in the trade. Our desire for Clark is genuine enough, you can't have too many quality big men and he is better value then what we would get for our first rounder in the ND.

I say it because we are sick of Freo supporters saying we will screw them over with a second round pick or get him for nothing is the PSD when it clearly wont happen(No offence).

Cotter, I think a few of the freo supporters aren't being all that serious with all the psd/second round pick talk and are just trying to stir up a few lions supporters. I'm over it, I won't be annoyed if we accept unders because at least everything to do with Clark will finally be over.

so you want to keep pk 16 to draft a kid when a mobile ruckman/key position Fwd Clarke will slot into your team and keep the dream of playing and winning finals alive before Sandilands and Pavlich get too old and retire..

Precisely. They don't know what it takes to get a list together to go for a premiership :p

Anybody would think Clark is some proven Superstar capable of having major influence in every game He plays. Facts are he had a purple patch of 15 games or so last year and His whole reputation is built around that. He is simpily just a GOOD player, not a GREAT player and certainly not a STAR player and wont be winning games regularly off his own boot as proven this year when again injuries cut down his season. To think he is worth Compo pick AND pick 16 AND player as previously mentioned is ridiculous. Likewise he is worth more than our second round pick. Our compo pick is fair value, throw in a 'fringe 22' player as a bonus...Deal Done! Truth is I dont know why we are chasing him.....We already have a Mitch Clark at Freo....his name is Johno Griffin!!!!!

Freo not talking much about Clark so far doesn't really worry me. I don't think they have put forward any serious offers because they are too busy getting this 4 way deal happening. If Brisbane and Clark don't become a part of it, i'm sure Freo will turn their attention to Clark after it's done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo hold no power here. They can't guarantee to get him in the draft and being uncontracted Brisbane and Clark will eventually deal with best offer.

If Brennan was worth a top 10 pick last year then I imagine Clark is worth roughly the same this year.

Do we need him at WCE maybe not this year but if we can trump Freo and land him with our first rounder then it is a bargain.

Don't go out of your way to **** a club over when the cards you hold are 7/2.

The equation for Fremantle would be along the lines of;

Which is better;

a) Clark + whatever pick we get for Griffin if he is traded (around pick 50)

OR

b) Griffin + Kersten (or whoever we recruited with our first pick, but likely a KPP)

With those two options I think it looks pretty even, making the trade a difficult one to process using our first round pick.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/124996/default.aspx

Clark's manager Colin Young said he was growing increasingly concerned a deal with Fremantle - Clark's preferred target - was not going to happen this week with the Brisbane Lions wanting more than the club could offer.

He also said Clark could opt to enter the NAB AFL Pre-season Draft in December if a trade didn't come up before Monday's deadline, with the Lions believing Fremantle's first-round selection of No.16 in the NAB AFL Draft is not enough to get the deal done.

"The draft has been compromised and unfortunately Brisbane deserve a top-10 pick but they probably won't get it if Fremantle can't negotiate down," Young told afl.com.au's Trade Week Radio.

Freo hold no power here. They can't guarantee to get him in the draft and being uncontracted Brisbane and Clark will eventually deal with best offer.

If Brennan was worth a top 10 pick last year then I imagine Clark is worth roughly the same this year.

Do we need him at WCE maybe not this year but if we can trump Freo and land him with our first rounder then it is a bargain.

Don't go out of your way to **** a club over when the cards you hold are 7/2.

Your all over the shop buddy.

Firstly your saying that Clark is worth a top 10 pick, then you go on and say that you can land him with your first pick which is 23 (a fair bit more than 10 btw)

Then just to add to the stupidity of your post you go on to say that we are holding 2/7 (when in fact you have a cracker and a 'how to play poker' card in yours)

At the end of the day whatever you offer we can beat it. Simple as that.

It's not a bad tactic from a player manager point of view to subtly point out what will happen if a deal isn't done.

And at some stage during the week Kerr will subtly point out that if GWS dont take Clark in the PSD, we will. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back