Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

astro_toby

Cancelled
Sep 30, 2004
AFL Club
Richmond
Heard a whisper today that the big fella wants to return to Perth and has spoken to people from your club.

Wheels are well and truly off at the Lions, the same official also metioned that Rich is also looking at heading west - but to the other side for their 1st rounder

take that as you will - literally first hand info though

What exactly does "literally first hand" mean? Because to me "literally first hand" means that literally it is, well, first hand.

Or is it meant to be something along the lines of virtually first hand?

What exactly does "literally first hand" mean? Because to me "literally first hand" means that literally it is, well, first hand.

Or is it meant to be something along the lines of virtually first hand?

its come from a legit source - My father in law spoke to someone directly involved - i emailed him to confirm the name as i can't remember it but i am pretty sure of it.

dunno if i want to spell those beans here since this bloke trusted my father in law - but shit is going very ****ing wrong at the lions at a very fast rate.

Yeah we heard this rumour before.

Mitch is a good player an now an could be very good, trouble is hes not exactly what we need so i would hope we dont offer too much for him.
If he was a CHB or FB type with ability an age on his side i would be happy to use what ever draft pick it took.
But for a Ruck/forward option when we already have 2 of them even though he is better than them i dont think its worth using a high pick or losing good players to get him.

As for Rich 1 of the reasons i was worried about getting him is i just had this feeling as soon as the opportunity came he would go to the egirls.

But yes Lions are in massive trouble, all caused by vossy burning draft picks on other teams barely best 22 players, upsetting current players by using them as trade bait and worst of all getting Fev.
Costing them salary cap problems and losing more players.
As much as i would luv to see the egirls win the spoon again, get your money on the lions asap.
Unhappy players is a recipe for disaster.

Yeah we heard this rumour before.

Mitch is a good player an now an could be very good, trouble is hes not exactly what we need so i would hope we dont offer too much for him.
If he was a CHB or FB type with ability an age on his side i would be happy to use what ever draft pick it took.
But for a Ruck/forward option when we already have 2 of them even though he is better than them i dont think its worth using a high pick or losing good players to get him.

As for Rich 1 of the reasons i was worried about getting him is i just had this feeling as soon as the opportunity came he would go to the egirls.

But yes Lions are in massive trouble, all caused by vossy burning draft picks on other teams barely best 22 players, upsetting current players by using them as trade bait and worst of all getting Fev.
Costing them salary cap problems and losing more players.
As much as i would luv to see the egirls win the spoon again, get your money on the lions asap.
Unhappy players is a recipe for disaster.

that pretty much sums up what i heard

If this mass exodus is anything to go by Michael Voss must be the world's biggest arseh*le, not to mention completely incompetent when it comes to man management.

No wonder the eagles wanted him on their staff.

He is easily worth our first round draft pick. He could easily play forward 70% and ruck 30%. Provide a second tall forward option.

With Mitch Clark in our team, and one more midfielder our premiership window would be open. Him and Krakour would make us a top 4 team. (Small about of drooling)

Trading for a 24?? year old who wants to come to perth when we have already recruited a good youth base is completely different than when we picked up croad and tarrant.

He is easily worth our first round draft pick. He could easily play forward 70% and ruck 30%. Provide a second tall forward option.

With Mitch Clark in our team, and one more midfielder our premiership window would be open. Him and Krakour would make us a top 4 team. (Small about of drooling)

Trading for a 24?? year old who wants to come to perth when we have already recruited a good youth base is completely different than when we picked up croad and tarrant.

Exactly. I would have thought that Clark would be EXACTLY what we need. A key fwd/ruckman who has the ability to play back if needed also.

To get Clark... and this is probably going to make me unpopular... I'd even consider trading Johnson. I know, I know, I like Johnson as much as the next guy but Clark would be an upgrade and with Johnson's off-field dramas it might something worth considering.

Agree completely, getting Mitch Clark would be completely different to Tarrant and Croad, both were reluctant to come here. Clark is yet to turn 23, so we could get a good 5-6 years out of him. He could provide perfect backup for Sandi, allowing the team to be a lot more stable, with MJ holding down a HB or HF spot. Kepler would be the unlucky one, but as we have heard so much during this week 'there is no place for sentiment when it comes to premierships'.

I'd be all for trading our first rounder and whatever pick we get for Tarrant for Mitch Clark, he would be able to slot straight into the team, giving us some forward structure and giving Sandi a legitimate partner to do the ruckwork.

As was mentioned earlier, if you add Mitch Clark to the current team plus another A-Grade VFL/WAFL midfielder (not sure if Krakouer is the one) then we should be set. In fact we don't need to even add another A-Grade midfielder, if Palmer steps up, then we will be an incredibly difficult team to stop next year and going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the major obstacle here is the fact that he's still contracted. Guys like him have high value and I'm not sure we will be prepared to give them what they want

I would trade Palmer + pick 20 for him.

the major obstacle here is the fact that he's still contracted. Guys like him have high value and I'm not sure we will be prepared to give them what they want

I would trade Palmer + pick 20 for him.
Palmer first season he/s the ants pants ,greatest thing since sliced bread and the clubs mid field saviour going forward,2nd he goes and blows up his knee but give him time and he/ll come back better than ever ,3rd year he/s not up to the mark in some peoples eyes due to recovery both physically and mentally,the rumour mongers come out with their crap re attitude and its bye,bye Rhys ,do anything to trade him.
Hope you give Barlowe a bit more latitude if he struggles post injury:(

Would be a MASSIVE asset to our club if we could get Clark and I would trade Johnson and pick 20 for him without even thinking about it. Young has all the talent in the world, wa boy, backup to sandi who can kick goals when up forward. He effectively would be taking the pressure off both our best ruckman and our best forward in pavlich!!!! Where do we sign up:thumbsu:

Palmer first season he/s the ants pants ,greatest thing since sliced bread and the clubs mid field saviour going forward,2nd he goes and blows up his knee but give him time and he/ll come back better than ever ,3rd year he/s not up to the mark in some peoples eyes due to recovery both physically and mentally,the rumour mongers come out with their crap re attitude and its bye,bye Rhys ,do anything to trade him.
Hope you give Barlowe a bit more latitude if he struggles post injury:(

Spot on salim... Well said

If we get him, we must concentrate on our midfield as well. Our midfield still lacks depth and a strong body. That is why i like the idea of signing up a mature midfielder.

Lots of names have been mentioned - im going to leave this to harvey and lloyd to choose the best ones. In last two years they have not put a foot wrong.

Teams with average midfields very rarely win Grand Finals.

If we get him, we must concentrate on our midfield as well. Our midfield still lacks depth and a strong body. That is why i like the idea of signing up a mature midfielder.

Lots of names have been mentioned - im going to leave this to harvey and lloyd to choose the best ones. In last two years they have not put a foot wrong.

Teams with average midfields very rarely win Grand Finals.
Your right Mcphee,Crowls,Mora ,Barlowe,Mundy, Sandi are all 70kg weaklings
Lets go get another Johnson,Soloman to help them out :confused:

Clark without a doubt improves our team in a big way. He can hold down a key forward position that demands the opposition pay attention to him and he can run rings around the ground opposed to other ruckmen. Combine this with Kep and Johnson and we have quality depth necessary for a tilt at the cup.

Having heard Harvey wants players instead of picks this year in any deals and the fact that Brisbane 'need' picks to form any kind of future base. We could send them our first pick for Clark. Not opposed to this at all, we know what we are getting with Clark and he's 23.

DO NOT trade Palmer. He'll front up next year with vengeance!

Exactly. I would have thought that Clark would be EXACTLY what we need. A key fwd/ruckman who has the ability to play back if needed also.

To get Clark... and this is probably going to make me unpopular... I'd even consider trading Johnson. I know, I know, I like Johnson as much as the next guy but Clark would be an upgrade and with Johnson's off-field dramas it might something worth considering.

Clark would effectively be taking Johnson's role in the team so why not consider that? But Clark is contracted so we would have to make an attractive offer to get him. MJ and Tarrant's pick.

Your right Mcphee,Crowls,Mora ,Barlowe,Mundy, Sandi are all 70kg weaklings
Lets go get another Johnson,Soloman to help them out :confused:

Barlow is coming off a bad injury, Crowley played forward most of the year.

McPhee isnt a true midfielder, more a utility.

Morabito is only in his second year i dont think he is ready to play midfield all year.

Mundy is a top quality midfielder, but not a real in and under midfielder although he can play this role.

Palmer may be able to play this role, but i really dont wont us to fall into the old trap of assuming the forward line is the issue when if you dont have a great midfield you wont win many finals.

I believe adding players like Krakour and Sewell would really add to our midfield depth and rotations, and importantly decrease the preasure on our defence and improve the supply to our forward line.

Trying to not get off topic - in short only get clark if we dont forget about the midfield. A forward is only as good as the supply he gets from the midfield.

Secondly, Solomon and Johnson were important players at the time. They were big bodies around the 1st and 2nd year players that protected them and educated them

Ive been saying for weeks that he is on our radar and would be a good fit imo. Wonder if scham has read this thread yet as he felt i was completely wrong when I raised this likely trade a couple of weeks ago. Would take a player and 3rd rd pick probably but the fact that he wants to come home could help our bartering position a bit.

Ive been saying for weeks that he is on our radar and would be a good fit imo. Wonder if scham has read this thread yet as he felt i was completely wrong when I raised this likely trade a couple of weeks ago. Would take a player and 3rd rd pick probably but the fact that he wants to come home could help our bartering position a bit.

Fair crack.
A third round pick and a player for Mitch Clark? Off yor 'ead you r :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back