Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished listening to the Adelaide list manager on AFL Trade Week Radio & he said that he has been talking to Brad Lloyd for a couple of weeks now re Griffen & they are confident that a deal will be done on Sunday or Monday.
The reason on the lateness , from his mouth , is that we are trying to bed down the Tarrant deal & are also talking to Thursfield.

Dr Ralph Dagg;19271534[B said:
]I thought there was a family issue that meant Griffin has to come back to Perth[/B]. Adelaide said they would do what they could to get Griffin back to Perth so can't see them arguing too hard.

Maybe we are offering Schammer and Adelaide haven't finished chuckling into their milos.

True but he understands if a good enough deal cant be done he is happy to stay but as you say why would they keep him as his mind will be elsewhere.

I know clark would have been the real kicker if we could get him.

But there is a positive here.

Im expecting us to end up with

Faulks (22)
Thursfield (24)
Griffen (24)

for

Schammer (done)
Taz (30)

To me thats a more than satisfactory outcome considering our needs in the tall department. With the way our coaching staff have been developing and moulding players I could see all three of those guys really contributing something to the team...

Just finished listening to the Adelaide list manager on AFL Trade Week Radio & he said that he has been talking to Brad Lloyd for a couple of weeks now re Griffen & they are confident that a deal will be done on Sunday or Monday.
The reason on the lateness , from his mouth , is that we are trying to bed down the Tarrant deal & are also talking to Thursfield.

I thought all trades had to be done by noon today?

Oh, thanks SS.

It's longer this year. No wonder all the expected trades are coming along so slowly. I was expecting a massive backlog of trades to go through in the next hour or so.

Clubs can talk over the weekend but the paperwork will only be officially submitted on the final day which , yes , is Monday.

I know clark would have been the real kicker if we could get him.

But there is a positive here.

Im expecting us to end up with

Faulks (22)
Thursfield (24)
Griffen (24)

for

Schammer (done)
Taz (30)

To me thats a more than satisfactory outcome considering our needs in the tall department. With the way our coaching staff have been developing and moulding players I could see all three of those guys really contributing something to the team...

:thumbsu::thumbsu: Yep I am expecting these to happen.
I am hoping that we are waiting for the compensation pick to collingwood for Fraser to the suns that is holding up this deal. I reckon this will be the clincher.

:thumbsu::thumbsu: Yep I am expecting these to happen.
I am hoping that we are waiting for the compensation pick to collingwood for Fraser to the suns that is holding up this deal. I reckon this will be the clincher.

That compo pick (25) went to Brisbane.

Isn't the compo pick to do with age and contract the current club offers? If the Pies didn't offer him a contract and given his age I'm not surprised he's a band 5, even though he is probably a bit better than that. Doubt Collingwood would get any joy appealing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A third rounder for Fraser if anything is over the odds IMO. Would be a list clogger at any of the 16 established clubs but may offer something at GC considering their youth.

Is this trade dead now, or can we pick him up in the pre-season draft?? I think he's contracted to bris for another year so i guess we have to wait and try again next year??

Next year.

Maybe.

Apologies if this is covered earlier, but we'll be up against it big time with the sort of advantages that GWS are going to have. In fact, unless the AFL tighten up the 'second uncontracted player' loophole, I'd say we've got Buckley's.

Apologies if this is covered earlier, but we'll be up against it big time with the sort of advantages that GWS are going to have. In fact, unless the AFL tighten up the 'second uncontracted player' loophole, I'd say we've got Buckley's.

It depends if his priority is money, team success, or to come home to WA.

It depends if his priority is money, team success, or to come home to WA.

If his priority is to come to Freo, he better be willing to run the gauntlet of the drafts because Bris are going to be much happier to deal with GWS who could pull a move like they did with Brennan.

If GWS show interest, and unless our list managers suddenly hit the maryjane over next season and start offering the kitchen sink at trade time, I can't see him coming in a trade.

We're a long way out of course, lots of factors to unfold before then. Just speculating.

Yeah that is right, that is why i said maybe, probably won't have enough bargaining power.
Unless a talented player for us wants to leave and picks are traded around. See how Griffin fits in I guess, i'd still want him though.

If his priority is to come to Freo, he better be willing to run the gauntlet of the drafts because Bris are going to be much happier to deal with GWS who could pull a move like they did with Brennan.

If GWS show interest, and unless our list managers suddenly hit the maryjane over next season and start offering the kitchen sink at trade time, I can't see him coming in a trade.

We're a long way out of course, lots of factors to unfold before then. Just speculating.

Definately PJ, if he wants to leave the Lions and money is a major factor we can't compete.

GWS won't have to trade for him since he'll be out of contract so he's probably worth a compensatory pick at the end of the first round so our first rounder + a handy player would probably get the deal done if he wants to come home. Ofcourse our first rounder will be in the mid-20's which makes things more difficult. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back