Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair crack.
A third round pick and a player for Mitch Clark? Off yor 'ead you r :D

It'd take our first rounder and then some I would think. If we can involve a third team and get picks flowing to Brisbane for Tarrant then we may be in with a shot. This guy almost made AA last year (and probably would but for the Big Purple Giant) so if I were Brissy I'd be wanting close to two first rounders or at least a first and a second.

I also agree with GTD that we need to keep building our midfield. All the best teams have multiple guys who can hurt you on any given day to the point that you're really gambling with who you tag. If we snagged Clark then trading Johnson for a quality midfielder could be viable.

Start with Palmer and see if they bite. Palmer and 20 is bit high (just??) so if they throw in their second pick i recon its pretty fair.

Really depends on how he feels about staying. If he truely wants to leave we have a chance as he'd be off the GWS the following year for less.

if this is true, it could really catapult freo right up into the top 3 teams in the comp.

clark is pretty much exactly what you need.

i suppose if you could use tarrant for a 3-way, then throw in palmer...i think the lions would accept that.

i'd be very excited if we got rich for pick 4 also.

It would have be our first pick and whatever we can get for Tarrant you would think. That's not bad.

Clark would not displace Johnson. Johnson as value forward, middle and back. Clark has value forward and middle.

I would just be concerned he is a bit of a tweener forward or ruck. We need the forward more than ruck and I believe he is more ruck than forward (may be wrong on that though). May not get the right value for the price to be paid.

I would just be concerned he is a bit of a tweener forward or ruck. We need the forward more than ruck and I believe he is more ruck than forward (may be wrong on that though). May not get the right value for the price to be paid.

Well he's only 23 so he's still emerging as big men do. There's no doubting his talent.

Yeah our midfield is average so here's an idea!!!! Let's trade one of our best midfielders for... let's wait for it.. a forward! Exactly what the team needs. Hilarious. Chris Tarrant 2007 board.

We shouldn't be even entertaining the idea of trading Palmer unless he states unequivocally that he wants out. Then, and only then, should we look at options for trading one of the most promising young midfielders in the league. Seriously, if it meant having to give up Rhys to get Clark I wouldn't do it. Have faith people, he'll come good and when he does you'll remember why we were all so hyped about him in his first year.

Palmer isn't going anywhere.

Our first round pick might though. I suspect FFC have much faith in unearthing some more late talent and they rate picking up players now in the next 2 drafts ahead of picks.

First round + schammer? Voss loves trading in duds. Wouldn't mind mitch clark if he was cheap, but we still need to get a midfielder and the club would realize this. Would rather play Pav forward 100% of game than getting Mitch Clark. If that means getting a mid with first pick or trading it for a mid so be it.

First round + schammer? Voss loves trading in duds. Wouldn't mind mitch clark if he was cheap, but we still need to get a midfielder and the club would realize this. Would rather play Pav forward 100% of game than getting Mitch Clark. If that means getting a mid with first pick or trading it for a mid so be it.

Got any current mids in mind that you think we should be targetting then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if he wants to leave, Vossy won't let him walk while he's got a contract to fulfill. If this is the case which it almost certainly will be, by the time his next offer is placed on the table he'd be so far out the door he wouldn't have even looked at it. That's when he could be scored cheaply.

No - to trading Palmer.

Got any current mids in mind that you think we should be targetting then?

Hard to know who's likely as not many are going to put their hands up for trade until closer to the date. So if you don't worry about that....

Someone like Griffen from the Bulldogs would be ideal. Not exactly a 30+ disposal winner but is young, fast and has been steadily improving. He just signed a deal with them though. Our ideal candidate is someone 20+ disposals and FAST as I think we lack pace. Besides Hill and Mora, you have Mundy, Barlow, Palmer which are average pace at best.

There's rumours a few Hawks mids might be looking to get out, Sewell, Lewis, Young, Ellis, in order of how good I think they are. These aren't exactly perfect matches but might be worth a punt if cheap. We certainly need to strengthen our midfield and make it the best part of our game. If Broughton, Palmer and Barlow all step up we will be looking at Top 4 provided we get another decent mid to cover injuries and whatnot.

Hard to know who's likely as not many are going to put their hands up for trade until closer to the date. So if you don't worry about that....

Someone like Griffen from the Bulldogs would be ideal. Not exactly a 30+ disposal winner but is young, fast and has been steadily improving. He just signed a deal with them though. Our ideal candidate is someone 20+ disposals and FAST as I think we lack pace. Besides Hill and Mora, you have Mundy, Barlow, Palmer which are average pace at best.

There's rumours a few Hawks mids might be looking to get out, Sewell, Lewis, Young, Ellis, in order of how good I think they are. These aren't exactly perfect matches but might be worth a punt if cheap. We certainly need to strengthen our midfield and make it the best part of our game. If Broughton, Palmer and Barlow all step up we will be looking at Top 4 provided we get another decent mid to cover injuries and whatnot.

A few of Essendon's boys seem keen to explore their options. Plenty of pace there though not exactly high volume possession players. Any there that take your fancy?

Priddis. End of story, all we need is him. Who cares that he can't kick for shit, all you need to do is have a number that is greater than 30 next to your name and you're guarenteed to win a game according to the great mind of Memories.

Priddis. End of story, all we need is him. Who cares that he can't kick for shit, all you need to do is have a number that is greater than 30 next to your name and you're guarenteed to win a game according to the great mind of Memories.

Yeah nah, that's just your poor reading comprehension at work. You don't go to adelaide high if you want to be good at english, only other languages.

Yeah nah, that's just your poor reading comprehension at work. You don't go to adelaide high if you want to be good at english, only other languages.
I lol'd. That is exactly what your post read as. You never mentioned any skill. You just said fast and can get 20+ disposals. So lets get a hack from local grade who can run and get the ball. Don't need to pay anyone big wages then. We could have a team full of the Mandurah reserves and pay them 50 dollars a game, then according to the gospel that is Memories... We'd win every flag there is until they retire.

I agree that we should look at Priddis.

He would be ideal.

That is exactly what your post read as. You never mentioned any skill.

So because I don't mention every facet of a player means I don't think they are required? Nice inferences you make there. I don't write posts like an ingredient list so that people with primary school level mental capabilities will not be confused.

You just said fast and can get 20+ disposals. So lets get a hack from local grade who can run and get the ball.

Wasn't aware Mandurah was full of "Hacks" that can get 20+ AFL disposals and have great speed for AFL level. Probably explains the great Peel Thunder team.

Surely worth a crack and may feel he doesn't have a set position at the Lions considering their KPP takes and ruckmen are probably the two areas they are reasonably strong in.

Question would be what we have to offer..Unless we trade all picks, I'd be concerned about trading players of equal/near equal value (Doesn't send a great message)

There would be so many positives, If we could land Mitch Clark for a fair trade,I would be so stoked.One of our weaknesses would now be our strength(quality rucking depth). Zac Clarke can serve a proper apprenticeship in the WAFL.Sandi & M.Clark can rest up forward and demand quality defenders thus freeing up PAV.;)

Ummm ... I hate to dazzle your analytical mind with facts but at a State screening Barlow did a 2.88 for the 20m. That is blisteringly quick and .06 of a second behind Hill. Barlow runs like a duck but he's the fastest f**king duck we'll ever see.

You've put together a wish list of players we could never get. And none of the Hawks players are any better than what we have. A small factoid is our midfield sans Barlow just spanked the Hawks midfield in an elimination final.

But back to the topic at hand, I have trouble believing that people (a) don't realise how good Clark is and (b) how much we need a decent tall forward. We have two, possible three KP backs, we have no KP forwards other than Pavlich.

Clark would be good for 40 goals a year and would take tremendous pressure off Pavlich, and relegate Johnson/Bradley to a third tall forward drawing a lesser defender.

If we can pull this off it would be a huge boost IF Clark can stay fit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitch Clark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back