Mega Thread MLB season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

AJ Hinch brought Jackson Jobe into the game today. 22yo rookie, has pitched in two games total.

Didn't work on this occasion but as a manager he's not showing any fear. Bringing guys in and out, backing them in, not cautious about the consequence.

That attitude seems to have rubbed off on the players.

Feels like a free hit season

Orioles on the precipice of being eliminated as well.

It's crazy how little home field advantage seems to matter in baseball.

At least the MLB had the sense to make it a best of three series. I'm still annoyed that the A's twice had one-game Wild Card games against the Royals and Yankees in the mid-2010s and lost them both, so never had a chance to even the score.

Laureano what a shit batter

To be fair to him, Suarez was throwing 100mph fastballs and sinkers. You don't have a lot of time to react when the ball is coming in that hot. I'm fairly certain that when Snitker put in d'Arnaud as a pinch-hitter he wasn't planning on a first ball pop-out to the catcher.

To be fair to him, Suarez was throwing 100mph fastballs and sinkers. You don't have a lot of time to react when the ball is coming in that hot. I'm fairly certain that when Snitker put in d'Arnaud as a pinch-hitter he wasn't planning on a first ball pop-out to the catcher.
When the count was 3-1 why didn't he take the ball? Was outside the strike zone would have meant 2 on bases with 1 out. Just shit batting. He went 0-8 from the 2 games, horrible

Oh well! I thought the Braves did well just to make the post season, they never really got out of first gear after a strong opening month, losing Acuna early started the rot but other batters like Harris III, Albie, Riley and Murphy missing chunks of the season meant there was no real continuity to the lineup. It didn't help that when they were on the park, they were just a shadow of the power team they were last year. The only player to improve on last season was Ozuna who probably had a foot out the door at the start of the season, now it will be interesting to see if the Big Bear will remain in Atlanta next season.

Despite the loss of Strider after only two games, it was really the pitching that kept Atlanta in contention this season, Sale was sensational and will hopefully be a Cy Young winner this season, while Lopez, Fried, Morton and Schwellenbach were all generally very good, Lopez was almost impossible to hit at times, hopefully he remains at Truist Park next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread MLB season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back