Mega Thread MLB season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Man, getting to CBP during Red October is a bucket list item.

The pop after Stott's 2-run triple was wild. Amazing 'heart-attack inducing' game.
Yep, that was a game for the ages yesterday.

Some venues are way more electric than others, and the Phillies joint is certainly one of them.

Should be credited with the win, IMO.
CY Young certainty
The win/loss record for a pitcher is the most useless stat.

You could have one pitcher with a 12-6 record with a 4.82 ERA behind a heavy hitting successful line up.

Then another pitcher with a 6-12 record with a 3.45 ERA who gets no run support and pitches for a poor team.

I know which pitcher I'd give more credence to.

The win/loss record for a pitcher is the most useless stat.

You could have one pitcher with a 12-6 record with a 4.82 ERA behind a heavy hitting successful line up.

Then another pitcher with a 6-12 record with a 3.45 ERA who gets no run support and pitches for a poor team.

I know which pitcher I'd give more credence to.
Oh definitely.

Applies to Felix Hernandez. 13-12 Win Loss in 2010. CY Young winner anyway with 2.27 ERA.

Repeating myself from last season but the mickey mouse playoff format whereby division winners have to play a WC series is a complete joke, even though it will probably benefit the Nationals in the long run.

Baseball was different from the other American sports in that it valued its regular season and made the postseason hard to get to, meaning winning the division or a wild card was an achievement in itself. This had to be done because baseball is the most random of the big sports, so you had make sure the teams that made it to October had earned it. There was still the usual upsets but generally speaking, it was among teams that were worthy of being there.

The new playoff format just devalues the regular season and means a lot more less worthy teams make it into the postseason crapshoot, because Manfred wanted to squeeze a few more dollars.

The AFL are doing this nonsense with the new wildcard finals that will come in eventually, which sucks also even if it might benefit Freo.

Do agree with this- could they potentially make an extra wild card spot and 4 teams play off to join 3 division winners in DS? Can't see them ever reducing playoff teams now even though it may make it even more mickey mouse...

Been a very enjoyable playoffs thus far though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread MLB season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back