Mega Thread MLB season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

That goddamned NBL tipping ad is going to drive me absolutely insane during the playoffs. Cannot stand basketball, let alone Australian basketball, and this ad just pushes my buttons for a year's worth of Hungry Jack's with limits on how much you can spend per transaction. What a shit ad for a shit prize.

Senga looking like he's pitching a rehab assignment and not game 1 of a championship series. Mendoza should have kept him in the bullpen and used either an opener or gone with another starter for game 1.

I wouldn't count them out just yet. They've had 4 comeback wins already this post season, so certainly capable of making it interesting.
We are although I feel the Dodgers bullpen is stronger than what we've faced so far.

One more scoreless innings and its a new baseball record. Of all the pitching rosters out there , it are dodgers pitching staff who are on the verge of history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I forgot this was an early start too. 6 runs by the 2nd innings - is Clayton Kershaw pitching!

I think Kershaw is out for the rest of the season with a toe injury he suffered in August. He gave an interview pre-game about how he wants to come back for 2025.

Dodgers went with Landon Knack to start the game and left him in after the Mets destroyed him in the first few innings. I missed the first two runs of the game but saw Vientos hit the grand slam. Was a no-doubt oppo taco shot.

The Baltimore Orioles have signed catcher David Banuelos to a minor league contract with an invitation to the Orioles' 2025 Spring Training. Banuelos was already in the Orioles organisation but was set to become a minor league free agent at the end of the season. He managed to get into one MLB game in 2024, appearing as a pinch-hitter in Baltimore's 11-3 win over Minnesota on 16 April. Banuelos also played only 22 games at Triple-A Norfolk for the season, mostly because Banuelos spent most of the season on the Orioles' taxi squad as an emergency backup to Adley Rutschman and James McCann.

Florida was hit by Hurricanes Helene and Milton, with the latter hurricane crossing over the panhandle around the Tampa Bay area. As a result, the Rays' home stadium, Tropicana Field, was damaged by the high winds that accompanied the hurricane, causing damage to the ballpark, including the almost complete destruction of the roof. Given that the stadium was domed, there was no drainage system built into the ground, meaning that the Rays may need to deal with long-term water damage to the field.

The Rays are planning to replace Tropicana Field with a new stadium that is to be constructed next door, but this stadium is not expected to be ready until the start of the 2028 season, meaning that the Rays will need to determine whether they are able to play at Tropicana Field in the next three seasons or whether an alternative site will need to be procured. The Rays are scheduled to open the 2025 season with a home series against the Rockies and the Pirates for three games each.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread MLB season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back