Mock 25! its started

Remove this Banner Ad

yea, we are pretty set for talls

i've heard veszpremi's name a fair bit over last few years, would he fit in well(kinda directed at you philhawk/ anyone who can be bothered answering, a bit hawthorn specific)

is veszpremi a small foward who pushes into midfield? and whats Maric like?

Maric is a pocket freak.

Hawthorn will target Tom Collier.

Key position backman with plenty of run. Also a Tasmanian.

Will also target him. Occasionaly players with tassie devils and has a huge upside. Would really finish off our end of the backline. Collier - hansen - JWS.Id be also targetting Kangars for north. Decent FB which will certainly help our backline.

Lets just say he didn't do his chances of of being drafted any favours yesterday. Over ran the ball, fumbled, and made a few bad decisions both by hand and by foot. Still, an exciting prospect nonetheless.

Originally Posted by bias2
Trav Dulic - Calder 7/89 192/90
Jaxon Barham - Geelong 5/88 181/74
Michael Todd - 11/89 179/78
Tim Bonghetti - Northern 7/89 191/89
Will De Bruin - Oakleigh - 6/89 185/77
James Bristow - 1/89 195/90
Nick Orvis - Geelong 12/89 194/87
Sam Stavenuiter- Geelong 7/89 195/97
Daniel Noy - Eastern 3/89 188/78
Matt Delidio - MB 4/89 184/82
Mitch Farmer - Calder 1/89 179/76
Thomas Duyndam - Calder 4/89 193/84
Tim Crespin- Dandenong 11/89 187/77
John McCarthy - Dandenong 11/89 187/79
Michael Dell Aquila - Eastern 8/89 184/78
Ash Hockey - MB 3/89 181/78
Nick Peters - NB 10/89 179/72
Clayton Hinkley - NB 2/89 185/72
Kyle Cheney - 8/89 184/85
Michael Thompson - MB 12/89 191/84
3/89 179/77
Jeremy Laidler - Calder 8/89 188/82
Hugh Sandilands - Oakleigh 3/ 89 191/82
Toby Thoolan - Bendigo 2/90 195/92

Wondering what are the chances of these blokes getting picked up?

the way i see it is as follows:

Micheal Todd-Gippy very strong, gets the footy a heap, kicking can let him down. wouldve struggled to get drafted even though he could win gippy's b&f. having a knee re-co, so all hope is lost for a afl call up. be good to see him as an overage player in 2008.
James Bristow-Gippy tall and talented. can play both ends of the ground. Luke Darcy like in many ways, big talk very early but a recovering knee re-co has seen him take a little longer to settle back in. should get drafted but maybe a little later then many first anticipated.
Matt Deledio- skillful player with pace, can play, but so can many others. likes to run and shows something. at the moment his name is probably carrying him a little and cant see him getting picked up.
Tim Crespin - Dandenong with a couple of preseasons at AFL level under his belt, this kid could really emerge. Could be a surpise pick up and alot higher than some may think.
Micheal Dell Aquilla- gets the footy and has a brain. like the look of this one. Can certainly go this year, its just where does he fit? a slight readjustment to his game and his got the makings for an afl player.
Grant Ford - Bendigo This kid can play a little and finds plenty of it. cant see him anywhere at the end of the season. i reckon his mate must be talking him up on this chat site, because hes not all that.
Toby Thoolan- has great hands and works hard.great unique kicking action. a great sized player to develop. would like to see him go but should see him on a rookie list next year.
user_offline.gif

Now that the carnival is only and I think only 4 kids in here were in Vic squads, are there maybe any potentials here that could come into late draft or rookie consideration.

I'll give it a go from what i have seen: Space means drop off in class. I'll only do top 10 though

1. Rich- Kruezer
2. Carl- Cotchin (Bad carnival but pretty talented from what i have heard)
3. Melb- Masten (Ball magnet, i read that throughout his career he has avgd 31 disposals a game)

4. Bris- Morton (Very good player, would love him to slip to the roos' first pick)
5. Saints- Ebert

6. Port- Henderson (Never seen him, just going by what i have heard)
7. Fre- McEvoy
8. Kang- Palmer (Great carnival, but i still have my doubts about him, hopefully he proves me wrong)
9. Ess- Rioli ( Huge upside)
10. Sydney- Grimes (Solid player)

palmer, at 8? mate he is definately in the class of morton and ebert, IMO maybe just a cut above.

i think you're spot on with rioli. they need someone else down their to assist lloyd and lucas. would fit naturaly in to a forward pocket and then progress to maybe a small FF like mark williams. i think that pick is a certainty. is he eligable for father-son?

palmer, at 8? mate he is definately in the class of morton and ebert, IMO maybe just a cut above.

i think you're spot on with rioli. they need someone else down their to assist lloyd and lucas. would fit naturaly in to a forward pocket and then progress to maybe a small FF like mark williams. i think that pick is a certainty. is he eligable for father-son?

does essendon need another player in this mold, drafting davey and jetta last year, and still having players such as lovett in the team who can play that role? Also how tall is rioli?

one other thing, considering carltons lack of genuine rucks, if they are to finish 15th, above richmond, and assuming richmond take kreuzer, is McEvoy (or another ruckman), a chance to be drafted as high as pick number 2?

does essendon need another player in this mold, drafting davey and jetta last year, and still having players such as lovett in the team who can play that role? Also how tall is rioli?

one other thing, considering carltons lack of genuine rucks, if they are to finish 15th, above richmond, and assuming richmond take kreuzer, is McEvoy (or another ruckman), a chance to be drafted as high as pick number 2?

They will be alrite in the ruck department next year. Just alright. with cameron cloke back and cain ackland rucking we will be fine for another season. And with the development of the 2 O'hAilpin boys, carlton if not given the #1 pick will probably take cotchin or palmer. carlton dont need another midfielder like cotchin. They need (if they were to get another midfielder) is a midfielder who can go forward and kick goals, and that is in palmers natural game which carlton might find attractive.

Carlton need key position backmen though, and i think they mite hold out for Hurley in next years draft. they mite just grab McEvoy but i doubt it. if any team was to tank for the #1 pick, it would be carlton because kreuzer is exactly what carlton need. with another ruckman they could use O'hAilpin down back, or even at CHF with Waite and CHB. Maybe collier at pick 17?

hmmm...yeh but i think cyril rioli is better than jetta. they mite just take rioli to mould him into maybe a wingman. but yeh i see where you're coming from in that they do have a lot of quick young forwards like rioli.

There doesn;t seem to be alot of very good key position players from say 1-5 where Melbourne will be. I dont think they'll be looking to draft a mid-fielder but maybe this year is just lacking in genuine key-position prospects...

i was saying grant can play anywhere from FF to FB
as u said extremely versatile and agile player for his size

luke potts is a small on baller who is about 178 -180cms played for vic metro and was best on against SA with 18 possesions 10 tackles and four goals, he also in the last game was up in the 20 possesions and leading the 1%'s count.. would be better than cotching if speed was better and was a couple of inches taller

tim strickland is not a chance to be drafted was cut from stingrays in the last cut.. has shown magnificent form in the agsv with 4 BOG in a row for peninsula and holding his own keeping maric to 3 goals in a complete missmatch, strickland is about 183-186 and has a booming kick but doubt he will be looked at

Thanks for that David (nevill). u seem to know your stuff about the peninsula boys....

There doesn;t seem to be alot of very good key position players from say 1-5 where Melbourne will be. I dont think they'll be looking to draft a mid-fielder but maybe this year is just lacking in genuine key-position prospects...

Henderson could be a good replacement for Neitz and will go around your pick.

Henderson could be a good replacement for Neitz and will go around your pick.

I agree. Henderson will be right in the mix when Melbournes first selection comes along.

Nope not eligible. His old man is Cyril Snr. But his nephews to Michael Long and Maurice Rioli. 2 bloody champions. Could up up a cat fight with richmond and dons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Carlton get the priority pick I would like to see us take Kruezer then Morton at pick 3 or 4.

If Melbourne win 1 more match prior to playing Blues in the last match of year that would have them at 4 wins.

You could have the scenario of Melbourne losing to gain a priority pick before 2nd round, both teams might refuse to take the field.

If Melbourne win 1 more match prior to playing Blues in the last match of year that would have them at 4 wins.

You could have the scenario of Melbourne losing to gain a priority pick before 2nd round, both teams might refuse to take the field.

I can imagine the commentary now...

And there's the bounce. And ... no-one's actually going for the ball. It looks like Brock McLean's brought a pack of cards.

Travis Johnston is doing his nails... Fev is having a wank in the forward pocket...

Perhaps it will be a hard fought match. The team that can rush the most points for the opposition wins ... or loses?

If he was eligible for f/s that would have said by now.

So, apart from this assumption, do you actually know the answer? I am not even sure how many games he would have had to play, and doubt Cyril actually cracked the 100 game mark to be honest...

That said, if he is f/s eligible it would be for Fremantle, and not Richmond (and any of Maurice's sons might be in a similar boat to be truthful!).

If Carlton get the priority pick I would like to see us take Kruezer then Morton at pick 3 or 4.

I don't really want Morton with a top 5 pick. While I think he is a really good player we already have lots of those tall running wingmen types. He also appears to me to be more of a linkman rather than a guy who goes after there own ball.

We should pick an onballer if we have that pick.

For me if we had pick 3 I'd want Brad Ebert.

I'm with you Grover. Kruezer and Morton would be huge additions to our list.

I just have my doubts about Palmer. Why did we hear nothing about him before the carnival? I think he will be a Justin Sherman type player but a little bit more consistent eg. Good running and goal kicking player, not too good defensively, i hope Palmer can be good though because he really impressed me in the carnival.

Yeh i think Essendon will definately take cyril with their first pick... he has already trained with them, as well as played against them as part of the indigenous all stars.
I play with him at Scotch College and personally think he wil be one of the greatest aboriginal players to ever play, i also played with nathan djekurra who went no. 26 in last years 'super draft' and cyril is a class above him.

I think Ebert and Morton have much greater scope for improvement than Palmer. Palmer is nearly a ready-made AFL player, but at the same time he seems to do a lot of things at U18 level that he wouldn't get away with in the AFL. Don't get me wrong, I like him a lot, but I would certainly have Morton above Palmer and Ebert about level-pegging with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mock 25! its started

Remove this Banner Ad

Back