Mooney and that FREE

Remove this Banner Ad

In fairness, a number were rushed, Ling hit the post from the boundary and Selwood had a torp from 55.

Here is the vision of the free kick:

[youtube]eI03HuNvZmc[/youtube]

The angle at the 40 second mark shows it best. How is Mooney meant to tackle any better when Gwilt is throwing himself forward like that?

Watch the replay you ****ing plebians. Gwilt took a massive superman dive to get the handball away. Ump should never umpire another game. Lost us the game. Shattering.

Yeah nah, if the positions were reversed (or if you weren't one-eyed) you'd most definitely agree it was a free. What, if not that, is your interpretation of in the back rule?

FFS Selwood/Chapman/Johnson do what Gwilt did at least 3-4 times a game.

Gwilt merely took advantage of the rule in place.

stevie j's headbutt into arm gets free kicks a goal
5 50's to saints not played one of them bluntant when he was tackled 5 secs after mark
numerous holding the balls to saints not paid
ablett didnt get a free for in the back where he should have gotten one, and another one for holding the man

so all in all both teams got good ones and bads ones. it all evened out

ju8rxu.jpg

Text book, Demetriou should put that in the umpiring video that knock up every year because that's a perfect example of a free kick right there.

FFS Selwood/Chapman/Johnson do what Gwilt did at least 3-4 times a game.
This.
Also Ablett and...well pretty much most of the cats dive, duck or raise the elbows above the shoulder when tackled. They are f@!$ing cheats and have a cry when things don't go their way.

Lenny Hayes, now there's a real footballer, no bullsh#t honest leader.

Too many supporters getting over awed with the romance that would have been a win.

Free kick was there every day of the week, Geelong get cheapies every week, the tears in this thread are hypocrisy of the highest order.

How is Mooney meant to tackle any better when Gwilt is throwing himself forward like that?

Exactly. Gwilt left his feet. I defy anybody calling it a push to have laid a more correct tackle on ~95kg of footballer heading earthwards while making the tackle stick.

People have been conditioned to accept shit decisions like this by umpires who are not permitted to have a feel for the game. It was 50/50 at best, which in itself is reason enough not to pay it at that stage of any game, let alone a final.

The worst part is, Gieschen will appear entirely reasonable in defending the decision. Game's going to pot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The free kick that everyone should be up in arms about is the Gilbert holding the ball on the back flank. Received the handball and was instantly tackled, I don't see how that's prior opportunity.
Happened last week with Harry O getting run down as soon as he'd received the ball, can't remember who tackled him though.

Exactly. Gwilt left his feet. I defy anybody calling it a push to have laid a more correct tackle on ~95kg of footballer heading earthwards while making the tackle stick.

People have been conditioned to accept shit decisions like this by umpires who are not permitted to have a feel for the game. It was 50/50 at best, which in itself is reason enough not to pay it at that stage of any game, let alone a final.

Umpire clearly explained that Mooney landed in Gwilt's back and the free was there.

Pretty blatant really.

Oh cry me a river ya big girl's blouse!!!!

It was a free, and I was going for Geelong! Was paid all year, and was paid correctly in the game tonight. Mooney's nearly as big a sook as you!

sampi was held around the neck when barry took 'that' mark in 05 gf.
go ahead watch the replay - wasnt paid and rightly so - thats footy

football purists know that it wasnt a free kick.

Re: I feel sorry for Geelong

Wet game Gwilt FLOPS..Should be a non call the umps call way to many of these types of frees.. Its the final minute in a Final and times like this the the umps never call anything..

So you're happy to say that the free kicks awarded to Geelong inside 50 against Gilbert for holding the ball and (insert any St Kilda player within the area but didnt make contact) for too high on Stokes should have also been let go because it was the last quarter of a final ?

Both clearly less of free kicks than the one against Mooney. Clearly.

Take the good with the bad mate.

The free kick that everyone should be up in arms about is the Gilbert holding the ball on the back flank. Received the handball and was instantly tackled, I don't see how that's prior opportunity.
Happened last week with Harry O getting run down as soon as he'd received the ball, can't remember who tackled him though.
I saw it that way too. Especially in the context of the rest of the game where they wernt paying them...was like a random pluck.
Reckon that ump caved into a bit of crowd pressure.
Gilbert had no chance nor prior. Cant remember if it cost a goal tho.

we should have put them away earlier, but forget about tonights game or the sides involved, that is not a free kick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mooney and that FREE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back