Morris

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks to the bomber supporters who are giving a balanced and fair minded reply to my experience with those morons sitting near us.Kudos to the Essendon supporters who also clapped him off.Pretty emotional night when you see something that graphic.

All the best to Dale. Absolute hero for our club for years now, battling out above his weight, always putting his body on the line. Much respect, and hope he can come back strong. No doubt he will, he's played finals with a broken leg and a broken back before. Tough bastard, gutted that he's had another shocking injury.

I was at the game sitting right next to the player's race of which he was stretchered down.. I had a bird's eye view of his lower right leg which was being held in position and had a massive bruise right over the middle section.

It did not look like a compound fracture as there was no laceration of the skin, nor was there blood. They did not have bandages over at that stage and just had the limb immobilsed.

But either way, a hard blow for Dale and I wish him all the best in his recovery.

To the Bombers credit, I saw their cheersquad wholeheartedly applaud Morris from the ground. The true supporters understand and empathize the pain, the bogan drop ins are purely that. :thumbsdown:

Then there were the 2 dozen supporters at bay 16 chanting "hey hey hey good bye" as he was stretchered off. Classy.

Probably my favourite Doggie. Love the way he goes about his footy.

Always happens to the players we respect the most. All the best in you recovery, Dale. :thumbsu:

And lol at Quarters' attempt to sound like an expert in the field of injuries by talking about compound fractures when he actually has no idea what they are :D

Shit thing to happen to him of all players. If you could transfer it to another player, you would, given he shows up and plays every week at an elite level, where other more talented players give us nothing.

I really hope he has a solid recovery and gets himself up and about again. One of my favourite players, a guy who really deserves the respect of the footy world.

I heard the club has twittered or is that tweeted :confused:, anyway that Dale's injury is not as bad as first thought, it appears to be a broken femur. Best case scenario, he will get a rod put into his leg and be back running by Christmas.

Get well Dale, you are such an important player and leader for our club.

I heard the club has twittered or is that tweeted :confused:, anyway that Dale's injury is not as bad as first thought, it appears to be a broken femur. Best case scenario, he will get a rod put into his leg and be back running by Christmas.

Get well Dale, you are such an important player and leader for our club.

The femur's your thigh bone, I've been hearing of a broken tibia.

Either is shit, to be honest...

The femur's your thigh bone, I've been hearing of a broken tibia.

Either is shit, to be honest...

It possibly was the tibia, but either way, the club thinks it's not as bad as first thought. But agree, it is shite for this to happen to such a honest, hardworking, modest player like Dale Morris. Will this year ever bloody end:mad:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just gutted. The last bloke in the comp that deserves this no matter what's happening he works his ass off and this season has carried the backline on his shoulders hoping for a strong recovery. Two young guys sitting behind me wearing bombers jumpers yelled " worst player in the comp. You deserve that maggot and hope you never play another game" whilst the other pissed himself laughing and explaining to some elder bulldogs supporters that Morris has never been afl standard and hopefully his other leg breaks. They are meat heads and if supporters of my club said something about that to an opposition player I'd slap them can't get over it

Just gutted. The last bloke in the comp that deserves this no matter what's happening he works his ass off and this season has carried the backline on his shoulders hoping for a strong recovery. Two young guys sitting behind me wearing bombers jumpers yelled " worst player in the comp. You deserve that maggot and hope you never play another game" whilst the other pissed himself laughing and explaining to some elder bulldogs supporters that Morris has never been afl standard and hopefully his other leg breaks. They are meat heads and if supporters of my club said something about that to an opposition player I'd slap them can't get over it
If i heard someone say that about Morris i would find it hard to contain myself. You done well.

Simply shattered for Dale who is such a tremendous bloke. Hope he has a speedy and successful recovery. Truly devastated for him.

Nasty injury, always admire the way he goes about his football. Glad to see it doesn't look like a 12 monther, fingers crossed he can be back for Round 1. Can't see something like this stopping him for too long, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

From Facebook.

An injury update on Dale Morris, he has a fracture in both tibia and fibula bones in his right leg. Good news is he's likely to be up and running in 10-12 weeks. Both bones were able to be realigned under anesthetic and he won't require surgery.

I guess that is good news.

Remove this Banner Ad

Morris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back