Morton to Sydney for late draft pick = Fev.

Remove this Banner Ad

I appreciate your respect!

But before I answer something like this on a forum, I ask the people that make the decisions.

Good work stig. I'll take your word for it. Dimma's comment on OWAT a few months back had me sold.

Agree with this.

But Miller hasn't accepted the deal yet has he? If he doesn't I could see us picking Fev up for peanuts to fill the same role. It'd be good if Griffiths came on and we didn't need him, but Miller proved to be quite valuable this year (in my opinion at least).

No, he hasn't accepted, but the fact that the deal has been offered suggests a distinct lack of interest in Fev. If they were genuinely contemplating recruiting Fev, they wouldn't be offering Miller a deal (or at least that's the way I see it). If Miller doesn't accept, they'll probably just put their faith in Griffiths or Astbury.

i think he said we wouldnt trade our compo pick too but he did.
They said they wouldn't trade it for Maric. Not that they wouldn't trade it at all.

More likely to use it on Andrew Lovett if he is still available.

Not funny even typing it on an internet forum this should never be said.

Us offering Miller another deal should put this ridiculous rumour to bed, it's not gonig to happen.

Wish there was as clear an argument as to why we'd avoid Lovett too, aside from the "surely no club is that stupid?" :(

I think the "surely no club is that stupid" argument is the most compelling.

Agree with this.

But Miller hasn't accepted the deal yet has he? If he doesn't I could see us picking Fev up for peanuts to fill the same role. It'd be good if Griffiths came on and we didn't need him, but Miller proved to be quite valuable this year (in my opinion at least).

Miller is said to have leadership qualities and an ability to teach the kids around him the game Fev has the ability to get everyone around him into trouble by association.

I am completely against recruiting Fevola. That being said, if we were interested, and that is a big IF I could see some positives in his recruitment. Yes, he has had his well publicised issues, but our forward is young. With all due respect to Miller, he isn't the most talented player, and is more at the club for his leadership. If Fev was here, we could almost guarantee a 40+ goal forward. Combine that with Jack, and Vickery and that would be in excess of 100 goals between the three of them. Don't forget, our KP forward line is still 23 and under (not including Miller). Fev was arguably the best forward of the last 10 years. Imagine the knowledge and experience he would be able to impart on Vickery, Riewoldt, and for the most part Griffiths, who I feel can be a carbon copy of Fev without the issues, fingers crossed. If we do get him, I'm sure Newy would be able to interject if Fev was going off the rails, and the knowledge he has, and can teach our forwards would make us a much better side.

That being said, I don't want Fev on the list at all. However, I would not object to him being on the Rookie list. He wouldn't play, but would still be able to teach TV, JR8 and Griffo a few tips and tricks.

I am completely against recruiting Fevola. That being said, if we were interested, and that is a big IF I could see some positives in his recruitment. Yes, he has had his well publicised issues, but our forward is young. With all due respect to Miller, he isn't the most talented player, and is more at the club for his leadership. If Fev was here, we could almost guarantee a 40+ goal forward. Combine that with Jack, and Vickery and that would be in excess of 100 goals between the three of them. Don't forget, our KP forward line is still 23 and under (not including Miller). Fev was arguably the best forward of the last 10 years. Imagine the knowledge and experience he would be able to impart on Vickery, Riewoldt, and for the most part Griffiths, who I feel can be a carbon copy of Fev without the issues, fingers crossed. If we do get him, I'm sure Newy would be able to interject if Fev was going off the rails, and the knowledge he has, and can teach our forwards would make us a much better side.

That being said, I don't want Fev on the list at all. However, I would not object to him being on the Rookie list. He wouldn't play, but would still be able to teach TV, JR8 and Griffo a few tips and tricks.

Not sure that Fev and tips in the same post are appropriate.

I appreciate your respect!

But before I answer something like this on a forum, I ask the people that make the decisions.

no worries ...:thumbsu: . There is still alot of time before the rookie draft so views might change, especially if we cop a unplanned injury.

Personally I think he is well worth the risk on minimum rookie pay.

If we were to get the fev, you could just imagine the build up to round 1 against the tankers.

Still, I would be against recruiting fevola. I dont really see the point of getting him aside from some extra offseason attention and merchandise sales.

Not sure that Fev and tips in the same post are appropriate.

you get what I mean though. Fev would have a lot of knowledge he can impart on our players. There could be a bit of a payoff if we do get Fev.

The only club that would want him would be someone who is a chance to win the premiership in the next 2 years, which is not us.

we werent a chance to win a premiership yet we took cuz.
we werent a chance to win a premiership yet we took miller.
you dont have to be in a premiership window to take a mature player. there are all sorts of factors and scenarios why a club would take a player like fev.

personally i think freo will be all over him.

the fact they missed clarke. the fact they need a quality forward. and clearly the fact they think they are in a window of opportunity.

at 30 and the position and way he plays id say he could go to 34 or so.

without doubt he wont cost much as far as salary and picks go.

if clubs do their homework and asses him as being capable of getting back to his best or close to it id say you would be negligent not to take him.

Blair has said that they havent considered, or have not contemplated... both past tenths. That doesnt rule them out of considering it in the future.

Why invite publicity when the draft is not for another month. If they were ever going to consider it, it'll be 48hrs before the draft. Not ever before.

Not saying that he is/will be in their plans, but no club is going to want the attention for the next month if they were considering it. So everyone is going to be saying negative at this stage.

Simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you dont have to be in a premiership window to take a mature player. there are all sorts of factors and scenarios why a club would take a player like fev.
When you consider the fact that Cuz was a premiership player, brownlow medalist and regarded as one of the fittest (if not the fittest) players in the league at the time, the wealth of knowledge and ability to teach, and not to mention the amount of Richmond supporters basically giving it to the club to get him. It's not hard to see why we took him, and our club greatly benefited from it both on and off field.

Miller is still 28, could play on for another 4-5 years. We got him for nothing, and has played to our structures perfectly this year. He is also said to have leadership qualities and is also there to help teach the kids. Fev is done, he lasted a year at the lions. Can't see the same impact as what Cousins had if we were to pick him up.

Blair has said that they havent considered, or have not contemplated... both past tenths. That doesnt rule them out of considering it in the future.

Why invite publicity when the draft is not for another month. If they were ever going to consider it, it'll be 48hrs before the draft. Not ever before.

Not saying that he is/will be in their plans, but no club is going to want the attention for the next month if they were considering it. So everyone is going to be saying negative at this stage.

Simple.

it doesnt rule them out and tipping the past tenths will turn out to be present fifths, or better still fourths...or even better still in decimals, 0.25s..;)

We took them because they were both considered excellent onfield leaders and role models (yes, Cousins was less of a role model off field) in a teamthat is very young and benefits all the guidance it can get.

Fev, while an excellent player, isn't an example you want, on or off field. On field, he's like Richo in his 'bad' years, where the forward line is all about him, and any teamwork must be directed at making him more effective. Off field, well, that's all too public already.

If he only had to fix one or two things, then he'd be worth the risk, but he needs to fix everything, and much as I might hope he success, both for his sake, and to make Carlton squirm, that's too much to take a punt on.

Fev doesn't add much to us winning another premiership.
He would be very important to the dogs and saints if they think they still can. I reckon they would be looking at him very carefully. The other Vic club would be the Blues - can't see that happening. Freo would take him if they thought he was a missing piece for a real shot. He'll probably get picked up, but not by us.
Thank God

Heard some second hand information that the Bulldogs were the team that inquired about Fev.

Good luck to him, but I don't want him anywhere near Punt Rd and I'm glad the club feels the same way. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Morton to Sydney for late draft pick = Fev.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back