Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

just this arvo, Jobe, yes Jobe, with wife, kids, dog at St.Vincent's Garden Playground. The humans were playing with themselves, dog was minding the pram in the far corner so I went to give the dog some love. Jobe and one of the boys came over to get his toy. I had a chat with Jobe about some creep loitering around the Ladies Toilet yesdi (likely some pedo cos he was looking at the kids in the playground) and I was doing a quick patrol to check if the creep was around.

Jobe passed on sage advice....stay vigilant...

he sounded nothing like on TV...ie....NORMAL

boring.

just this arvo, Jobe, yes Jobe, with wife, kids, dog at St.Vincent's Garden Playground. The humans were playing with themselves, dog was minding the pram in the far corner so I went to give the dog some love. Jobe and one of the boys came over to get his toy. I had a chat with Jobe about some creep loitering around the Ladies Toilet yesdi (likely some pedo cos he was looking at the kids in the playground) and I was doing a quick patrol to check if the creep was around.

creep
boring.
And nice work throwing him off the scent on the identity of who the toilet block creep actually is too CPB 😁

boring.

This reminded me of something since I used to live down that way.

Saw Jobe walking up Victoria Avenue one day during drug saga. He looked down. I walked past.

Mrs & I took the pooch 4 a walk, enjoying lunch on the river in Southbank. Oysters & fish at the fish n chips place.
I spied a legendary ex-player with who I assume was his wife, checking the place out, before moving on.
The ex-player, Paul Salmon

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Mrs & I took the pooch 4 a walk, enjoying lunch on the river in Southbank. Oysters & fish at the fish n chips place.
I spied a legendary ex-player with who I assume was his wife, checking the place out, before moving on.
The ex-plsyer, Paul Salmon

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He later came past and asked if they had salmon. When they said no, he opened a bag full of salmon and asked if they could cook it up. Then he shouted cooked salmon for everyone.

Saw Malcolm Blight at Rebel Sport, Marion. He was trying on jumpers, went to the change rooms and couldn't find his wife when came out. She hadn't moved from where he left her.
Also Malcolm was much taller than I expected.
I told my son it was Blighty, my son could not give a rat's toss bag.
Change room you say?

I thought the great man got changed in phone booths…

I talk to quite a few ex-AFL players through work, a lot of them 300 gamers or premiership players who now work bullshit 'leadership' and consultancy roles and I always want to ask them like 'so... Aker...' like that Inbetweeners where Jay asks the potential Swanage Milf 'so do you wear um, like, stockings and that?'

Change room you say?

I thought the great man got changed in phone booths…
well he definitely did at North n possibly Adelaide but not so sure down your way :think:

hey on a side note on Blighty as magnificent as he was he only got the 5 possessions in the '78 Gf loss to Hawks 5 days after taking home charlie ,im pretty sure he werent injured either,ive always wondered what Barras may of said to him if anythin after that performance and Barrass' thoughts on his game that day

well he definitely did at North n possibly Adelaide but not so sure down your way :think:

hey on a side note on Blighty as magnificent as he was only got the 5 possessions in the '78 Gf loss to Hawks 5 days after taking home charlie ,love to know what Barras may of said to him if anythin and/or Barrass' thoughts on his game that day
Got injured in the 2nd quarter of the Grand Final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got injured in the 2nd quarter of the Grand Final.
ok didnt know that ,know Alves did his hammy early n Keith was heavily bumped by Matthews iirc rendering him ineffectual as keith was playing HBF which i thought odd @ the time of watching,Blight being injureds nevr mentioned when that games discussed,the usual talking points on that game are the 2 i mentioned,Dippers job on Breidas,Bakers marks of course,Knights' game,Shimmas game n the infamous Huppatz FU early in the 3rd when north were on a roll

Last edited:
ok didnt know that ,know Alves did his hammy early n Keith was heavily bumped by Matthews iirc rendering him ineffectual as keith was playing HBF which i thought odd @ the time of watching,Blight being injureds nevr mentioned when that games discussed,the usual talking points on that game are the 2 i mentioned,Dippers job on Breidas,Bakers marks of course,Knights' game,Shimmas game n the infamous Huppatz FU early in the 3rd when north were on a roll
We were just simply outplayed by Hawthorn after Half Time then in 1979 was beginning of the end even tho we picked up Dempsey wish we had him around the 1974 to 1978 period would have gone close to winning 2 more flags but 💩Happens.

it bloody rained and rained and rained today right ? as a gardener, I sharpened the hedge trimmer, shears, cleaned the tool shed....early lunch, went to Avenue bookshop, petted the cat that was chilling out on its chair inside the shop, wonder if it read up anything on dogs ? walked out to Brumby's Albert Park, there was Cotch and his perfectly dry Hairdo, about to walk in to pay for his coffee, thought I should ask "any goss on Dusty?" but thought better, just kept my mouth shut and kept going.

it bloody rained and rained and rained today right ? as a gardener, I sharpened the hedge trimmer, shears, cleaned the tool shed....early lunch, went to Avenue bookshop, petted the cat that was chilling out on its chair inside the shop, wonder if it read up anything on dogs ? walked out to Brumby's Albert Park, there was Cotch and his perfectly dry Hairdo, about to walk in to pay for his coffee, thought I should ask "any goss on Dusty?" but thought better, just kept my mouth shut and kept going.
Cotch gets his coffee from Brumby’s?

Why does this not surprise me.

Paul Roos and Al Clarkson were at the next table to me in a pub one day. Found myself standing at the bar next to Roos when we were waiting to order our respective drinks. I offered to shout him. He declined. Politely. Haven’t seen him since. Except on TV. Wouldn’t have shouted Clarkson.

Paul Roos and Al Clarkson were at the next table to me in a pub one day. Found myself standing at the bar next to Roos when we were waiting to order our respective drinks. I offered to shout him. He declined. Politely. Haven’t seen him since. Except on TV. Wouldn’t have shouted Clarkson.
I filled my work van up alongside Paul Roos at a Port Melb servo about 2013.

I filled up with diesel. I assume he filled up with E10 because he seems the type to do so.

Running into Travis Cloke in a maccas after the 2012 flag and drunkenly congratulating him for not going to GWS and him just looking utterly confused.

I was at Bunnings, getting a key cut for the second time, cause the guy didn't do it right the first time. Dermie was about 4 checkouts across from me. I said to the key guy, "That's Dermott Brereton." He said, "Who is that?" I said "He's a famous footballer." The guy said "Oh, I don't follow football." Couldn't see what Dermie was getting. But my key was right that time.

Apologies for the late question but were you close enough to see if he ordered his usual Soy Latte?

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back