Most disappointing player this season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Every teams true FF would be expected to lead the team in contested marks and marks inside 50. So that proves nothing, in fact they are probably the 4 most useless facts I have ever seen

I think Roughy has been "disappointing" this year as well, but doesn't that statement imply that he hasn't disappointed, in fact he has performed to expectations?

For the Swan's it would have to be Patrick Vespremi, not sure what happened there, we expected big things from him this year yet he was hardly sighted. He has another year on his contract, maybe a new coach will help???????

Disappointing Saints

Kosi - not kicking enough goals, not taking enough marks. Looks slow on ground level
Armitage -High draft pick has not developed into a quality midfielder, Gold Coast bound one would think
McQaulter - Well down on 2009 form.
Dawson - Well down on 2009 form.
Ray - One of the best when Riewoldt was injured, has been poor the last 3-4 weeks. worry for finals.
Dempster - Had a good season in 2008, has not been the same since returning from a knee. Not as good as Steven baker in defense.

I wasn't expecting much from Hale and that's exactly what we got. So he didn't disappoint, he met expectations.

The calls on Mitch Clarke and Sherman were spot on though, and to a lesser extent Rich.

Two who haven't been mentioned yet are Rhyce Shaw and Hargrave. Thought they'd build on last year but they've actually gone backwards.

Mitch Clark - Went backwards in a big way
Richard Tambling - Looked like there might be a light at the end of the long tunnel, very wrong. Would love to get even a third round pick for him.
Shaun Higgins - Injuries and what looked like a lack of intensity
Bernie Vince - See Higgins
Kurt Tippet - Promises the world, gives duck eggs

Bernie Vince and David MacKay were the most disappointing for us. Neither went close to last year's output.

Not that disappointed with Tippett and Walker. Had both kicked straight, especially Tippett, they would not be in consideration in this thread

Adam Mcphee

All those quotes you gave are from earlier in the season, he's been a very solid contributor in the 2nd half of the year.

I don't think anyone had very high expectations of him anyway. Most Freo fans were ambivalent at best when we were linked to him and it's not like we gave up anything to get him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jason Porplyzia.

Last season he and LeCras were equally stiffed by the AA selection committee. This season, LeCras kicked even more goals, while Porplyzia was saved from an extended stint in the SANFL by our injury list.

Don't expect to see him in the forward line again though - my opinion is that he has been auditioned to replace Goodwin and McLeod as rebounding half back flankers, with enough success to suggest they'll persist with the plan next year.

Jason Porplyzia.

Last season he and LeCras were equally stiffed by the AA selection committee. This season, LeCras kicked even more goals, while Porplyzia was saved from an extended stint in the SANFL by our injury list.

Don't expect to see him in the forward line again though - my opinion is that he has been auditioned to replace Goodwin and McLeod as rebounding half back flankers, with enough success to suggest they'll persist with the plan next year.
Ahh yess....his royal shitness was due to an overiding devotion to the team, as well as the visionary experimentation of Neil Craig.

Kerr has become a serious liability.

How has Dean Cox avoided criticism ?

Shaun Higgins...gets my vote.

I would have to say Jack Reiwoldt.

HIs last third of the season was very disappointing, only kicking more thna 3 goals in a game, once. Given he is the sole target inside 50, that is a disappointing return.

I will be very disappointed if he gets all australian .

David Armitage. After Ross Lyon's 2009 trade week debacle, Saints supporters were blowing this guys trumpet like he was the second coming of Luke Ball. Admittedly he missed a few weeks with injury, but when he was in the seniors he just lacked the intensity that Ball has for the contest. Pretty disappointing for Saints supporters no doubt.

Brock McLean is one who Blues supporters would be pretty disappointed with. Cost them a high draft pick and spent most of the year off the park, which considering his injury history shouldn't have been unexpected. Even when he did play, he didn't exactly set the world on fire.

Leon Davis, Jack Anthony, Paul Medhurst.

So according to you the 3 most dissapointing players in the whole competition come from the Pies.

You may have noticed but we won the minor premiership. Perhaps they were dissapointing because so many other players moved past them and they are now just fringe 22 players. Leon particularly is not surprising due to his age.

Go and spend a bit more time looking at your list of champions who just fell into the 8:rolleyes:

Bryce Gibbs was so disappointing in the first 3/4 of the year especially when Carlton were going through that really poor patch.

It seemed as though the breakout year in '09 had got to his head and he didn't train hard over the pre season. Lacked intensity and probably should have been dropped a couple of times but to his credit he came back strong over the last few weeks.

Bryce Gibbs was so disappointing in the first 3/4 of the year especially when Carlton were going through that really poor patch.

It seemed as though the breakout year in '09 had got to his head and he didn't train hard over the pre season. Lacked intensity and probably should have been dropped a couple of times but to his credit he came back strong over the last few weeks.

Good post. Doesn't mean Gibbs played poorly, just that a lot of supporters thought he'd take a step up this season.

Many to pick from:

Tippett
Roughead
Fevola
Cornes

I'd nominate Heath Shaw from Collingwood. Hasn't handled tags well, and has been turning the ball over as much as the king Paul Licuria.

edit: How could I forget Leon and Medders?

I'd even nominate Kennedy from West Coast maybe? Started well and dropped off hard. Unless I'm imagining that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most disappointing player this season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back