Most Over-rated players from each club

Remove this Banner Ad

balmey21 said:
Well, when you come last, you would have a lot of over rated players so i'll point some out. And yes, i think you're an idiot for putting players such as Riewoldt, Hird, Hodge, Barry and also Primus is retired you ************.

Fevola- So much talent but doesn't produce nearly enough.
Campo- Soft as butter
Lappin- See Campo, fairly talented though

There's 3 you can put down.

Mcleod??? POWER???? Riewoldt??? FLETCHER??? Primus (retired and injured for heaps of his career. Obviously never saw him in his prime.???? Hodge??

Please explain some of these abysmal decisions. I may only be just 15 but i at least know that Andrew Mcleod was once one of the most brilliant players and still is very good, and i know that Hird is very very gopod and i don't judge Riewoldt on an injury riddled season.

Mcloed-is said to be a champion when he has only had one really good season
Power- Couldnt think of anyone
Riewoldt- if you saw him this year, you would say he is over-rated
Fletcher- Outside player that gets the ball alot but not much else
Primus- didnt see him in his prime
Hodge- Outside player, wasnt top 20 players this year

Charlie Beagle said:
If you can't think of someone don't put one of their best players.
Mcleod was great in years 97 to 03 and then injuries took their toll but he has still been a good player for Adelaide in the past couple of years.
Riewoldt was crippled with injuries but in the last few games showed that he is going to be better than ever next year.
Fletcher is a good player who was in the AA '04 and a tad unlucky in '05.
Hodge is fantastic and if you actually watched him you would know he is not an outside player. You think you know how he plays but he is tough and gets plenty of the ball and uses it extremly well.
Primus has retired

Charlie Beagle said:
Just because you're an outside player doesn't automatically mean you are overrated like you are insinuating. You know very little about football.

balmey21 said:
Thank you very much. Charlie just leave, no one wants you here.
harsh words, the idea of the thread was to make your own most over-rated players so
STFU-Newbie_(original).jpg

Cuzz09 said:
Is that a picture from that movie "total recall?"

I think it is from Big Trouble In Little China , i belive the next line is "i dont think he is going to stop" just before he explodes ;)

As for overated , Hird is hardly overated . Yes he isnt as good as he once was but no one can say he hasnt been a great player . Vossy hasnt been at his best in the last few years but that doesnt mean he has been overated.
I see somone has put Scott Lucas in as well stating he goes missing too often another good effort :rolleyes: Doesnt play too many bad games has kicked 212 goals in the last 6 seasons even though he spends a lot of time in defence.

Adelaide - all of them
Brisbane - none.
Carlton - Fev
Collingwood - all of them
Essendon - Matthew L
Fremantle - all of them
Geelong - none.
Hawthorn - L.Hodge
Kangaroos - none.
Melbourne - most of them
Port Adelaide - most of them
Richmond - all of them.
St.kilda - N.Riewoldt and the rest.
Sydney - none.
West Coast- Judd
Western bulldogs - Cooney

balmey21 said:
oh my god, what a loser. STFU? Yeah that's cool i guess.

Also it's an opinion thing so if i think you're wrong i'll tell you.

You thought i was wrong and you told me, then i explained my choices....thiers no need to go on with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameron Bruce, Nathan Thompson, Brett Delideo, Scott West, Andrew McLeod and Chris Judd have all been a bit hard done by in this thread...

Bruce: Started the season with the bang and was easily the best player in the league for that first month of football. Didn't come back from injury too well but he is still a player capable of kicking a bag of goals (5+) and getting 30+ touches in a game.

Thompson: Solid player who helped Nth Melbourne through to the finals series this year. In my opinion, one of the most important players to the Kangas team.

Delideo: There's been a lot of hype about this kid as there always is for number draft picks, but even a blind man could see this kid's going to be a star. He will live upto the hype that he has recieved and he has already started to do so.

West: 8-time best and fairest.... nuf said.

McLeod: Real game-breaker with unbelievable pace and skill. Plays extremely well in big games. (Two NSMs in two grand final wins).

Judd: Easily an A-class footballer who won the brownlow just last year with 30 votes as a 21-year-old. Won the NSM this year. Game breaker who is capable of kicking a bag or racking up a number of possessions. He has had the best taggers on him all year and has still being one of the premier players in the league. Really stiff to not get an AA jumper this year.

Charlie Beagle said:
harsh words, the idea of the thread was to make your own most over-rated players so
^ Good picture mate. :thumbsu:

I have to agree with your listing of Chad Fletcher. He is a good player, but really he is nothing top notch. IMO he is one of the most overrated players in the league. Crumbles under pressure, and can be known to go missing. Having said that, he could walk into Essendon anytime he likes...

What I disagree with, and I know I'm biased, is James Hird. The guy is a legend of the game. Of course he is going to be highly-rated. But he is an old man. Of course, he can't produce his best, as much as he could, but when he does, you know that it is nothing short of magical. It's your opinion, I'm just surprised you find him to be Essendon's most overrated. I would've thought several players would come before him. :)

Pfft. people write Hodge because they can't remember any other Hawks players! :D

At this stage, I reckon Williams is overrated, at least until he can back up his very good season with another very good season next year.

Charlie Beagle said:

Hodge outside player NO WAY!!! do u watch football?

Adelaide-Burton
Brisbane-Selwood
Carlton-Walker/Betts
Collingwood-Travis Cloke
Essendon-Pevrill
Freo-Matt Carr
Geelong-Milburn
Hawks-Tim Clarke
Kangas-Corey Jones
Melbourne-Silvia
Port Adelaide-Lade
Richmond-Wayne Cambell
St Kilda- Stephen Powell
Sydney-Nic Fosdike
West Coast-Gardiner
Western Bulldogs-????

Adelaide: Brett Burton
Brisbane: Chris Scott
Carlton: Barnaby French/Brendan Fevola
Collingwood: Tarkyn Lockyer
Essendon: David Hille
Fremantle: Troy Cook
Geelong: Brad Ottens (great player when on)
Hawthorn: Josh Thurgood
Kangaroos: Jade Rawlings
Melbourne: Brad Green
Port Adelaide: Shaun Burgoyne
Richmond: Troy Simmonds
St.Kilda: Xavior Clarke
Sydney: Stephen Doyle (kept on the list far too long)
West Coast: Andrew McDougall
Western Bulldogs: Peter Street

sydney32 said:
Kangas-Corey Jones
Why??

I've never seen many rating him at all (aside from benno87 who stupidly declared he will be AA a couple of years ago), yet he does a reasonably good job. Top 10 in our B&F 2 years in a row. Will never be a star, but is a good solid player who would slot into 15 other sides' line-ups any day.

Underrated if anything.

Charlie Beagle said:
No points for originality, no points for humour, no points for being completely hypocritical anyway. Doesn't have much going for it, in summary.

Adelaide - Scott Thompson
Brisbane - no one
Carlton - N.Stevens
Collingwood - Tarrant + Holland
Essendon - Lloyd
Fremantle - Longmuir,
Geelong - Harley, Ablett
Hawthorn - Mitchell
Kangaroos - Wells
Melbourne - Miller
Port Adelaide - C.Cornes
Richmond - Deledio
St.kilda - Riewoldt
Sydney - Lewis Roberts Thompson
West Coast- Judd, Gardiner, Hansen, Wirrpunda
Western bulldogs - Giansiracusa, R.Smith, West

Charlie Beagle said:
Who are the most overrated players from each club
IMO its-
Adelaide - A.Mcloed
Brisbane - L.Power
Carlton - ??????
Collingwood - T.Cloke + most of list
Essendon - J.Hird
Fremantle - L.Mcpharlin
Geelong - G.Ablett
Hawthorn - L.Hodge
Kangaroos - S.Grant
Melbourne - B.Mclean
Port Adelaide - M.Primus
Richmond - ?????
St.kilda - N.Riewoldt
Sydney - L.Barry
West Coast- C.Fletcher
Western bulldogs - ?????

Exactly. No-one rates Carlton in the first place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Most Over-rated players from each club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back