Greatest Mark from each club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cant think of many from Geelong. Not Ablett Snrs 1994 mark of the year. Umpire should have been sacked for calling it a mark.

Billy Brownless over Ash McIntosh in the 1994 GF.

Literally the only good thing Geelong did that day.

Probably photographed better than it actually was in reality - Billy went a little early - note the lack of football in the below pic. 😅

IMG_5004.jpeg

Billy Brownless over Ash McIntosh in the 1994 GF.

Literally the only good thing Geelong did that day.

Probably photographed better than it actually was in reality - Billy went a little early - note the lack of football in the below pic. 😅

View attachment 1975690

Probably should never have been there given we were big underdogs v Carlton week 1 and needed a goal after the siren in the other two finals to make it through.

Billy took many great marks in his career.
I like the one against the Dogs in 1986 at Kardinia Park.
He also took a rippa in a 1992 final v Dogs.

Doubt its the best in the PAFC AFL era, but my most memorable mark was Jay Schulz rolling over the top of a pack v Melbourne Rd1 2013.

Remember the game because we were finally climbing out of a dreadful couple of years, won this game by 12 goals, Ollie Wines debuted with 25+ possies, and this mark had smiles on everyone's faces.

an interesting tidbit on this one, apparently the broadcaster only had a news camera there to grab highlights for the nightly news sports segment as not all games were broadcast in those days. Morphett’s “commentary” was added after the event back at the studio.

My favourite West Coast mark was this Ryan one over Gawn. Have a soft spot for it as I was in the stands and had a perfect view as it all unfolded. Note at the start of the vid Ryan is in line with Kennedy as he goes back to take his kick so covers a good 60 metres to take the mark. It also holds up well because of how exceptional Gawn is at contested marking. I'm always more partial to hangers where a player lands on their back as opposed to launching and landing back on their feet (ala Sampi's huge grab).

Remove this Banner Ad

Greatest Mark from each club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back