Toast Most Underrated Eagles Moments

Remove this Banner Ad

During Simmo’s presser today, he gave Big Ezy plenty of praise and highlighted he still has a role to play this season. Simmo mentioned that it wasn’t too long ago, Eric saved our season.

That was such an incredibly smart, composed decision that set up one of the most memorable finishes in Eagles history.

We all recognised how important that play was at the time, but the further removed from September we get, the less coverage it gets. Always nice to remember just how huge that moment was.

With that in mind, let’s shine a light on some massive moments in club history that don’t necessarily get the acknowledgement or attention they deserve.

3sraU89.png

Peter Matera rightly gets lauded for his impact on the 1992 GF. But Tony Evans' 2 goals within about 3 minutes near the end of the 2nd quarter pulled us to within 2 goals of Geelong at a critical juncture. Clutch.
Probably one of the most underrated plays and players in the clubs history.

In ten years time people will see photos of Tony and wonder who the **** he is.

Off topic, who’s the assistant coach giving the rousing af speech at the start of this video, and is he still available to rev up the boys each week for us?

Daniel Kerr in the 2011 Semi-Final. Set up a crucial fourth quarter goal in a game we won by three points, but also was a line in the sand moment for a club without too much finals experience across some key contributors.

Probably one of the most underrated plays and players in the clubs history.

In ten years time people will see photos of Tony and wonder who the **** he is.

Off topic, who’s the assistant coach giving the rousing af speech at the start of this video, and is he still available to rev up the boys each week for us?

Rob Wiley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were at the Carlton game and it was the best atmosphere at a game I've ever been to. The Carlton players were in tears and as they walked off the ground and the Eagles supporters stood and gave them a clap, truly a magic moment and still gives me goosebumps remembering that day.
HUNTAAAAAAAAAAAAAA was never a huge player but he created so many magic moments.

And what Eagles supporter still doesn't tear up when they watch this

Rojo winning the ball in the middle of the MCG after a shank from Kerr late in the 2006 GF.
Never appreciated how good he was, until that moment.

I was a changed man after that, I went from a hater to a fanboy, saw him in a different light, his 07 was fantastic, and I was disappointed he retired after that.

Thank you RoJo.

Never appreciated how good he was, until that moment.

I was a changed man after that, I went from a hater to a fanboy, saw him in a different light, his 07 was fantastic, and I was disappointed he retired after that.

Thank you RoJo.
IIIRC, his game against the Pies in 07 was woeful? I remember screaming at him on many occasions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Most Underrated Eagles Moments

Remove this Banner Ad

Back