MP wants AFL banned from TV over drug dramas

Remove this Banner Ad

Wilson is right about one thing, there should be zero tolerance for drugs in the league, as for taking it away from tv , NO WAY!

So will Question Time on the ABC be banned until the Australian Government adopts a zero tolerance and mandatory testing illicit drug policy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so ban NRL: Andrew Johns
ban the Olympics: Ben Johnson and many others
ban the Tour de France: Floyd Landis
ban the Cricket: Warney and Aktar (not sure if spelling is right there)

really, some people :rolleyes:

On this, your actually missing the what he is quoted as saying. It doesn't matter if you have people found with drugs, according to him, you need a zero strike policy. To my knowledge, as the AFLs testing is in the Top 3 strictest for our of competition illicit drug testing and as they are in WADA so would have the same "in testing" rules as everyone else, that would mean ALL SPORTS would be banned from TV in Australia! Here is the line from the article:

There is only one solution that could be implemented at the federal level, and that is to ban the electronic media publication of any sporting event that does not have a zero tolerance policy

After the problems with Home and Away, 7 did put in a 2 strike policy, so they would have to change it to zero or be shutdown!

But before you all worry, the most important thing to ask is, has he written this down yet? Because according to his leader, Tony "Pants on Fire" Abott unless you write it down, you are allowed to lie and not be held to your comments.

Is it just me, or could we have a Greens federal govenment if we all come to the same relisation that neither of the main stream parties have the slightest clue what the hell they are doing?

Rant over!

back to the future of a few years ago.

the fact is that afl spend the coin to test their own players. this is outside of the wada code. afl is a signatory to the wada code and, i presume, that any player caught under the wada guidelines will be dealt with as such. i think this is mostly 'in competition' testing. the afl do much more than any other professional sport. so for tuckey to isolate afl as being a problem is ridiculous. i took some wacky down to adelaide in april and smoked some with a commonwealth game sprinter. big deal. not in competition, get over it. afl, does more than any other sport to isolate and rehabilitate players with this issue.

michael-phelps-weed-bong.jpg

cousins.jpg

googs goog googed

andrew_johns_drugs.jpg

CeleFowler_468x578.jpg

EVERYBODY'S DOING IT

seems a bit unfair to single out afl...

but im all for 0 tolerance, mandatory illicit drug testing, naming and shaming players etc...

Remove this Banner Ad

MP wants AFL banned from TV over drug dramas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back