Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

The US Navy the Marine's have regular Competitions where they deep throat a Dildo stuck to the Wall in their downtime
Would that be acceptable for AFL players to do at their wind ups?

How is Connor Idun reenacting a scene from Django Unchained any different from Jamie Foxx reenacting an act of slavery in Django Unchained? Or Leo DiCaprio using the n word in Django Unchained?

The more I think about it the more I shake my head.

If I went to see Jimmy Carr with my wife and he made jokes of a similar nature, in a bar, with woke bartenders in attendance, I’d probably laugh. What happened here, in a closed doors setting is no worse than that. They aren’t going home to their partners and raping them. Actors and musicians let Weinstein and P Diddy actually do this shit in the open at private events for years and they aren’t punished. The twin towers happened. A well-known comedian jokes about it regularly despite his own dad having died in the attack. Django is a film, why not cancel Tarentino?

What’s most disgusting to me out of all this hypocrisy, though, is that the AFL is quite ok to out and shame a 20-yr-old without a contract who probably will now need to seek employment outside the system with this against his name, but slaps others still inside the system on the wrist. They will continue being paid while future football stories are written about them to blow this all over and their future employability will not be tarnished. It’s actually disgraceful to spit a kid out of the system like that.

Wasn't in a public place.

I wonder if Josh Fahey did black-face for his skit.
Sorry if this has been covered haven't read whole thread,lòoked like 50 pages of outrage.
I'm not outraged. Nor offended.

But there are a lot of rape victims out there. The word gets out about a rape being re-enacted or joked about (if that is what happened), and there is the potential for it to cause distress.

I've got a dear friend who was r*ped. I've seen the profound effect it has had on her. The last thing she needs to hear about is rape being downplayed or mocked.

So, no, I'm not outraged, but I think that if that behaviour occurred, it's a terrible idea. It's not that difficult to show a bit of respect for others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL way over stepped IMO but they’ve gone down the rabbit hole of the wokeness. Won’t offend anyone. The AFLPA President should step in on these but we all now he is only in it for himself.
The hypocrisy from the AFL know no bounds. It’s ok for executives to bend work mates over the boardroom table, for players to leave a night strip in an ambulance, to roam the streets in their jocks disoriented. But don’t upset the woke left. AFL has lost the plot

The more I think about it the more I shake my head.

If I went to see Jimmy Carr with my wife and he made jokes of a similar nature, in a bar, with woke bartenders in attendance, I’d probably laugh. What happened here, in a closed doors setting is no worse than that. They aren’t going home to their partners and raping them. Actors and musicians let Weinstein and P Diddy actually do this shit in the open at private events for years and they aren’t punished. The twin towers happened. A well-known comedian jokes about it regularly despite his own dad having died in the attack. Django is a film, why not cancel Tarentino?

What’s most disgusting to me out of all this hypocrisy, though, is that the AFL is quite ok to out and shame a 20-yr-old without a contract who probably will now need to seek employment outside the system with this against his name, but slaps others still inside the system on the wrist. They will continue being paid while future football stories are written about them to blow this all over and their future employability will not be tarnished. It’s actually disgraceful to spit a kid out of the system like that.

Why are people likenng it to comedians?

Its completely different, comedians put on shows and are paid to make people who like their humour laugh.

The GWS players were a bunch of larrikins who booked a function room, for a party they aren't comedians or actors, they weren't performing for a crowd and the bartenders or any other staff were not obliged to just stfu and say nothing.

Its completely different, comedians put on shows and are paid to make people who like their humour laugh.

The GWS players were a bunch of larrikins who booked a function room, for a party they aren't comedians or actors, they weren't performing for a crowd and the bartenders or any other staff were not obliged to just stfu and say nothing.
Comedians perform in private rooms away from public eye unless you want to be there. Not a hell of a lot of difference apart from 1 bartender. Plenty of similarity

Comedians perform in private rooms away from public eye unless you want to be there. Not a hell of a lot of difference apart from 1 bartender. Plenty of similarity

Bartenders and staff at a comedy show know what they are working in front of and the type of shows that happen, the type of skits, comemdians and humour. They aren't idiots.

So no, its completely different.

Because they deliberately took this into a private setting. They were performing for themselves, not public consumption

Only read the last few pages of this thread.. tough read. Domestic and gender based violence is an epidemic currently in Australia. How anyone defends these players’ behaviour is pretty deflating to be honest.
No, it's not an epidemic. COVID was an epidemic. Yet another mindless troll regurgitating feminist propaganda. Do some research into the male/female split of child murders then get back to me.

If I went to see Jimmy Carr with my wife and he made jokes of a similar nature, in a bar, with woke bartenders in attendance, I’d probably laugh. What happened here, in a closed doors setting is no worse than that
I'm getting real sick of people aligning a paid-for comedy act with an audience who knows (and eagerly anticipates) some good ole fashioned offensive filth, with a staff member standing through a pub shift with some 20 year old footballers thinking they have the nous and acumen to handle rape jokes.

Bartenders and staff at a comedy show know what they are working in front of and the type of shows that happen, the type of skits, comemdians and humour. They aren't idiots.

So no, its completely different.
No it’s not. Being offended is a choice. Pure and simple. You have the opportunity to turn away or turn it off. You don’t go trying to make a name for yourself a month after the fact. Btw by the news the offended bartender has put the pub in the shit .

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Multiple GWS players are set to be suspended to start the 2025 season after distasteful costumes and skits from their post-season function

Remove this Banner Ad

Back