Status in Question Tony Armstrong and the ABC

Remove this Banner Ad

You drongo.

Its not actually hard to acknowledge that for most of us, we're living in a contender for the most fortunate society of people in the history of the world, while also acknowledging that for many people, particularly ones of indigenous descent, its difficult to just accept they should suck up intergenerational trauma resulting from having their land dispossessed and their ancestors massacred.

It just takes being able to see the world in more than black and white.
Even if I agreed with ^this^ sentiment....does that make today's Australians racist?

Even if I agreed with ^this^ sentiment....does that make today's Australians racist?
I would say when people dismiss intergenerational trauma resulting from dispossession and genocide by trivialising the need to reconcile and bridge the gap, that's a form of racism, yeah

Also look at the disproportionate over-representation of whiteys in positions of power and influence in this country. What do you put that down to? Genetic superiority?

I would say when people dismiss intergenerational trauma resulting from dispossession and genocide by trivialising the need to reconcile and bridge the gap, that's a form of racism, yeah
My parents & grandparents left their homeland due an on going civil war. I'm talking about immediate members of my family, not ancestors from a 100/200 years ago.

Where's my trauma?

You don't think lots of other Australian people could speak to such things about their parents/grandparents/ancestors?

The point is they don't.....they live in the best country in the world and they go about their lives.

Unlike that grifter that this thread is about.

Also look at the disproportionate over-representation of whiteys in positions of power and influence in this country. What do you put that down to? Genetic superiority?

200-ish countries in the world. Where do you rank us for racism? 1 being the most, 200 being the least.

You want to say top 20, dont you.

My parents & grandparents left their homeland due an on going civil war. I'm talking about immediate members of my family, not ancestors from a 100/200 years ago.

Where's my trauma?
I dunno buddy. You tell me. I'm not gonna pretend to be a Dan expert in the Tony Armstrong thread.
You don't think lots of other Australian people could speak to such things about their parents/grandparents/ancestors?
Absolutely they could.

Hence my wording... "for many people, particularly ones of indigenous descent, its difficult to just accept..."

Remove this Banner Ad

Status in Question Tony Armstrong and the ABC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back