Murphy and Fisher Contract Negotiations

Remove this Banner Ad

Fehoola

Debutant
Aug 14, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
The source is from a guy from my dad's work who is very involved in the football club. I know its not the most reliable of sources but in the past he has been pretty spot on with his comments.

Anyway, I thought Id post this to see what you all think.

Murphy- Has placed a $450k p.a salary on his head and is happy to leave. Apparently his old man is very tough to deal with and is advising on the deal. I think Murphy is a gun and someone we can ill afford to lose. He will only keep improving. $450k a year though is a tall order for a guy who still has a lot to prove.

Fisher- Also at a stale mate with the club. He is asking for quite a bit more than his worth. Despite his kicking, he provides a strong target. Dont think we can lose another tall forward after the loss of Kennedy.

Thoughts???

Sometimes we can worry too much about contract negotiations. I won't worry about it until Swann or Icke say something drastic.

My dad knows this bloke who owns a fish and shop in Werribee who knows this other guy who sells the big issue on the corner of spencer and flinders street who just happens to also mow the lawns of the chick who works in he carlton shop says that's a crock of shit.

My dad knows this bloke who owns a fish and shop in Werribee who knows this other guy who sells the big issue on the corner of spencer and flinders street who just happens to also mow the lawns of the chick who works in he carlton shop says that's a crock of shit.

Mate...thats an original joke right there. Havnt heard that before. The whole point of my post wasnt to state a fact but rather to discuss the unlikely scenario. I explained it wasnt a strong source.

You've been pretty spot on in the past:

The source is a solicitor for an AFL club so he is on the inside! He reckons Carlton will trade pick 3 for Swan and Didak. Collingwood will then use the pick to secure Judd.

Id be pretty happy with that deal but cant really see it happening (especially after Swan's brownlow performance). My source assures me its definately the whisper on the inside. What you reckon?

Not sure how true this is...my source is a one eyed Collingwood supporter who heard this from his mate whose best mate is on the Collingwood board (already seems unlikely :) )

But I heard there is gonna be a 3 way deal involving Carlton, Collingwood and Geelong, which would see Tarrant to Geelong, Stevens to Collingwood and some players or draft picks to Carlton.

Let me know if anyone has heard anything more on this...OR...if they would be happy.

I would be pretty ******d off if we lost Stevens (unless it was for a ready made player and top 10 pick)

:rolleyes:

Touche :thumbsu: But this isnt a prediciton. Its a discussion. But thanks anyway. Are there any in the archives that are correct? I recall the cloke shoulder last year??

Carlton training- Cloke Injured, Thornton didnt train
Heard Cloke went down at training with an arm/shoulder (hope its not the one he had operated on)- Would seem unlikely this week

Thornton- Also unlikely considering he didnt train

Fev to Stay
Apparently Fev met with Swann today and told him he wanted to stay...
heard from someone who hasnt been wrong with this kind of stuff yet!

Ratten just signed with the Blues- Definite
Very reliable...its official!

Heard Cloke went down at training with an arm/shoulder (hope its not the one he had operated on)- Would seem unlikely this week

Fev to Stay

Wow
Were these massive scoops also relayed to you by your dad's inside source?

Fev to Stay

Pfft...my source just told me the sun will come up tomorrow - don't quote me on it, but my source hasn't been wrong yet.

:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be devastated if we lost Murphy. I would have thought that with Judd and Stevens coming back into midfield, and Carlton really improving off-field, it would be a pretty good place to be. Still, won't worry until I hear Swan or Icke say something that warrants concern.

for the sake of argument lets say this is true! Is murphy worth 450k Per year. and if so how long do we sign him 4?

In my opinion yes and probably a 3 yr deal.

Thoughts

for the sake of argument lets say this is true! Is murphy worth 450k Per year. and if so how long do we sign him 4?

In my opinion yes and probably a 3 yr deal.

Thoughts

FFS Murphy has played how many games ~ 35? Missed half of his first season with a shoulder injury and not all of his 35ish games have been that of a 450K player.

I would happily offer him 200K + performance incentives for next year and increase that each year till he's 24. Then at 24 if he's the player we all think he'll become easily sign him up to 400+ for 3 years.

Murphy will be signing with the club for another 2 or 3 years, just a matter of working through all the details and the time required to finalize.

It will not be anywhere near $450k per year. This will not be his biggest contract the next one will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy and Fisher Contract Negotiations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back