Murphy's report - what do we think?

Remove this Banner Ad

You get a pretty good perspective of these type of reports at the game when you see it it happen in that split second. There was nothing he could have really done to prevent the contact apart from try and tackle front on which would have seen himself get smashed up the middle and injure himself. With the tribunal & match review panel these days it could get thrown out Monday or they will out him for 2.

On a different note congratulations on a sensational win against us yesterday. You smashed us where we pride ourselves...hardness at the ball! well done.

Ok I've finally been able to see it and in my opinion, there's no way that deserves weeks. The first angle from behind Murphy looks bad, but the other angle shows how little there was in it. Murphy went low and did everything he could to avoid head contact. If it weren't for his efforts to keep the hit clean, he could have broken a neck.

I'll be sad mainly as a football supporter if Murphy gets rubbed out.

EDIT: What is the deal with the person that keeps rating threads? What did this thread do to deserve one star? :confused:

3 reduced to 2...it sucks...fair enough if the player had his head over the ball a-la Brett Burton on the weekend but both were upright and there was no intention from Murphy to go the head.:thumbsdown:

Thanks to the Hawks boys on this thread too for their support on the incident. It is never nice to see one of your boys get knocked out but at least the Hawks blokes on here know football.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take it, have a rest and come back firing for the Brisbane game...it sucks but thats the way it all works these days and we have to cop it on the chin (pardon the pun!). It will give someone else a chance to step up. Huge loss, he is one of our best 3, but let's just get out there and do it without him.

At least Ward should get his chance this week.:thumbsu: That's a positive to come out of the whole thing.

Quite happy with 1. Gut instinct was telling me 2 weeks. Soft but not as bad as other players have been judged this season. Shaun Burgoyne comes to mind.

could've been two, but good record and early plea brings it down
its soft and should've been thrown out, but i can't say i didn't expect it, considering the way the AFL's been actively ruining the game in recent times

Has anyone got the details of the activation points given?

Is there any component he can challenge that would still find him guilty but allowed to play this week?

Murphy's contact was assessed as negligent, medium impact and high, which drew 225 demerit points and a two-match suspension.

His good record means he can reduce that to 168.75 points and a one-game ban through an early guilty plea.

Negligent? :confused: Is that legal-talk for accidental?

Would have thought it was far more incidental than negligent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Murphy's report - what do we think?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back