Murray FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The threads dying wilty . Who's coaching Deni ??

Well seeing no one else is around I can give you the scoop... But it's stills bit hush hush and won't happen tomoz...

There is a reason Mick Malthouse isn't fussed about getting the sack from Carlton...

I know I know we've only won two games so far but media pressure not as intense and with Sam Hall dictating newspaper reports close to home we can guarantee a fairly comfy environment... ;):D

Well seeing no one else is around I can give you the scoop... But it's stills bit hush hush and won't happen tomoz...

There is a reason Mick Malthouse isn't fussed about getting the sack from Carlton...

I know I know we've only won two games so far but media pressure not as intense and with Sam Hall dictating newspaper reports close to home we can guarantee a fairly comfy environment... ;):D

haha, should of seen that coming.........

This weekend should produce some good games, the boys from Rumba are pretty pumped to be hosting Finley tomorrow. Word came to us there is still some bitter feeling from the other side of the border and that the Cats will be coming to town looking for blood, literally speaking.....I cant wait to see how the game turns out, I for one hope there are plenty of fireworks, just for a change.

what was the go with rumba v Finley game? Bit of a blow out. Expected a close one...
Rumba obviously responded yesterday with a good win over Nathalia, that ties 5th to 9th all with 16pts, and still gives Numurkah and Deni realistic chances of making mid year runs to put themselves in finals calculations. Tonny a game clear on top, but still yet to come up against Barooga and Mulwala.
Huge game this week in the Top 2 stakes between Barooga and United, United probably need to win to keep in touch, while another win from Barooga (won their last 3 games by less than kick) will put them 2 clear of United and atleast a game buffer to Mul.
So after 8 rounds you'd expect the Top4 at this stage, to play finals and battle it out for a Top 2 spot, and 5th to 9th to fight for the other two spots in the 6, with Numurkah and Deni still not out of it if they can get a run on.

Rumba obviously responded yesterday with a good win over Nathalia, that ties 5th to 9th all with 16pts, and still gives Numurkah and Deni realistic chances of making mid year runs to put themselves in finals calculations. Tonny a game clear on top, but still yet to come up against Barooga and Mulwala.
Huge game this week in the Top 2 stakes between Barooga and United, United probably need to win to keep in touch, while another win from Barooga (won their last 3 games by less than kick) will put them 2 clear of United and atleast a game buffer to Mul.
So after 8 rounds you'd expect the Top4 at this stage, to play finals and battle it out for a Top 2 spot, and 5th to 9th to fight for the other two spots in the 6, with Numurkah and Deni still not out of it if they can get a run on.
I watched the Nathalia v Rumba game on Saturday, at half time I thought the purps had the game wrapped up with us (rumba) having horrible 3rd quarters in the last couple of games. But to our boys credit they didn't roll over and put in a genuine 4 art effort. Sounds cliche but Im predicting Rumba's season is back on track after this win.

I watched the Nathalia v Rumba game on Saturday, at half time I thought the purps had the game wrapped up with us (rumba) having horrible 3rd quarters in the last couple of games. But to our boys credit they didn't roll over and put in a genuine 4 art effort. Sounds cliche but Im predicting Rumba's season is back on track after this win.

Hey goodgolly, can I ask what effect you think the points and salary cap system may have on Rumba? I think its no secret that most would be thinking this would be problematic for you guys?? Can you do a rough guess of what your current teams points would be worth?

Hey goodgolly, can I ask what effect you think the points and salary cap system may have on Rumba? I think its no secret that most would be thinking this would be problematic for you guys?? Can you do a rough guess of what your current teams points would be worth?

WILTY, I for one am a big fan of a salary cap or point system. But I think Hank made the call a while ago, the only way it would work is if the same system is implemented across everyother league in atleast a 4 hour radius of Shepparton.
I'm happy to reply WILTY, but what are my guide lines? How would the points be allocated? How many do ex AFL players get? Do interstate players get? Do league reps get? Ect, Ect..... I'd be happy for a blanket salary cap across all leagues also of about 50-80k but....

I'm not sure on the system at all. seems a lot of administrative nonsense and expense that I don't see having that positive an impact. Money I see could be better spent on more practical administrative help at club level to help struggling clubs become competitive. Good club administrators are the key factor for well run sustainable clubs.
With that in mind I'm curious to see if the problem of money is as huge a problem as people think. For one I'm sick of people whinging about money especially when they have no clue of facts.
Take PDFNL the two top teams would have the lowest points as they have predominantly their own juniors yet everyone claims they dominate solely because they have big budgets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure on the system at all. seems a lot of administrative nonsense and expense that I don't see having that positive an impact. Money I see could be better spent on more practical administrative help at club level to help struggling clubs become competitive. Good club administrators are the key factor for well run sustainable clubs.
With that in mind I'm curious to see if the problem of money is as huge a problem as people think. For one I'm sick of people whinging about money especially when they have no clue of facts.
Take PDFNL the two top teams would have the lowest points as they have predominantly their own juniors yet everyone claims they dominate solely because they have big budgets.

Had a look at that news article, and I reckon it looks like a good place to start, but I didn't spot any mention of what the cap might actually start at?

But when I applied the cap restrictions to my Club, there were a lot of 3's and 4's, potentially 2 5's and 1 6. No one from our club made it into the league top ten last year, and our top 5 in the club probably had been rotating with each other for the past 3-5 years.

I reckon it would take 3-5 years before you'd see any results from the cap but in relation to player loyalty and lower points, but in the immediate future you see a lot of slower and more considered movement instead of money chasing.....

Had a look at that news article, and I reckon it looks like a good place to start, but I didn't spot any mention of what the cap might actually start at?

But when I applied the cap restrictions to my Club, there were a lot of 3's and 4's, potentially 2 5's and 1 6. No one from our club made it into the league top ten last year, and our top 5 in the club probably had been rotating with each other for the past 3-5 years.

I reckon it would take 3-5 years before you'd see any results from the cap but in relation to player loyalty and lower points, but in the immediate future you see a lot of slower and more considered movement instead of money chasing.....

Rumour has it the cap is gunna be 30.... goodgolly you will have to get rid of half your team.....

PS I did say rumour ....

Rumour has it the cap is gunna be 30.... goodgolly you will have to get rid of half your team.....

PS I did say rumour ....

Yeah quiet possibly, based on this years team it might.

But this team as of next year there would be only 3's and 4's, having passed the 3 year limit on ex afl and state reps, and if I've got this right you would factor in the deduction points where a player loses a point for each year of service (5 games in either grade per year), and all players would fall to 1-2 points with the exception of maybe 2 players. For instance Levi power based on this system would be valued as 4 point player, but factor in his years of service, and he becomes a 1 point player with us, but should he go elsewhere, he'd be a 4 point or greater player again.

The point system would be great, but I'm interested in a salary cap coming in, I think if each club president can buy into that idea, it would make it work very effectively, but only if they have buy in.

hey I'd agree to a salary cap then pay every netball spouse in the team I'd have parents paid for their volunteer work geez what else can I think of.... When you are trying to keep your club afloat or competitive and you have your wits about you a salary cap will be easy to get around.

But this team as of next year there would be only 3's and 4's, having passed the 3 year limit on ex afl and state reps, and if I've got this right you would factor in the deduction points where a player loses a point for each year of service (5 games in either grade per year), and all players would fall to 1-2 points with the exception of maybe 2 players. For instance Levi power based on this system would be valued as 4 point player, but factor in his years of service, and he becomes a 1 point player with us, but should he go elsewhere, he'd be a 4 point or greater player again.

The point system would be great, but I'm interested in a salary cap coming in, I think if each club president can buy into that idea, it would make it work very effectively, but only if they have buy in.
In regards to your example with Levi . Points are only derived on the league they are coming from and or played the last 3 years , which would appear still very grey . Then of course there are top 5 finishes within b&f's and goal kicking which accumulate additional points .
These points are very valid and clubs have already brought up ways around it .
A point to consider is that is it a great thing that the 5-6th best player at a clubs is the highest paid solely because he has less points ? It would appear this is what happens within leagues that currently have the points system .

Last edited:
Super impressive win by Fibley yesterday. Missing 3 of thier top line players and very poor umpiring where able to have a very gutsy win away at nathalia which is always tough. The purps lack of focus on the pill at times probably hurt them.

Why did Davey leave ?

Rumba the value there for punters. With around 150 points and a huge salary cap aswell as 6 ex afl players surely they will be hard to beat.

Bet responsibly of course BK.......... But I think Tonny are still the favourites, Rumba still has a lot of improvement to make, and given our start to the season and the state of the competition this year I think Rumba would be lucky to even make finals.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back