Murray FL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing some pretty wild news outta Deniliquin that will have some pretty serious implications for their season…

giphy.gif

What’s going on with Tongala? So competitive week in week out but can not win! They could do a perfect dive into a barrel of breasts and come out sucking their thumb! So much effort with so little reward on the scoreboard!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What’s going on with Tongala? So competitive week in week out but can not win! They could do a perfect dive into a barrel of breasts and come out sucking their thumb! So much effort with so little reward on the scoreboard!

New coach next year ???

Huge change in their list was always going to be hard to cover, lost lots of quality players with plenty of experience. No reliable key forward.

Having a quick perusal of the weekends results and see the blow outs in the U14's and the massive percentage differences on the tables.

Traditionally one of the strengths and attractions of both the MFL and the PDFL has been the fact the whole club plays together in the one venue on the one day, but is it time these leagues put their prides aside, combined and created a graded junior competition much the way the GMJFL operates considering the two leagues both operate covering the same geographic area?

This could also possibly be extended to include lower grade of junior netball too.

That way all the kids could actually have competitive games and I would suspect in many cases the junior teams would still align with the senior sides and play on the Saturday as they do now But if you are a bit short in a certain age bracket then this could be accounted for with Sunday games where the clubs represented in the Senior Saturday draw do not align - could remove the multiple bye/forfeits seen currently in the PDFL U17 competition. In those situations a couple of main centrally based venues could be utilized, with game times throughout the day.

Just a bit of an out of the box idea maybe, but I can't see how it is good for kids to be either win or get beaten by such huge margins each week, not sure whose football (and netball) improves by that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mackenzie Cowley heading to Nathalia to finish the
Cause someone thinks they are Scotty Palmer
100%. Also 90% of the people on here don’t know who Macca Cowley is, it’s a strange thing to comment (no one actually cares and good luck to him.) but footy Fiend11 enjoys misfortune of the club he “supports”.

100%. Also 90% of the people on here don’t know who Macca Cowley is, it’s a strange thing to comment (no one actually cares and good luck to him.) but footy Fiend11 enjoys misfortune of the club he “supports”.
Not much else happening on this thread! Cowley coming back from Goulburn Valley club Mooroopna, will be a very handy inclusion for Nathalia who are currently well in the mix and gaining momentum as the season rolls on. Won’t even bother responding to the pathetic second half of your comment, especially as a sponsor of the club...

Last edited:
Two divisions, more teams.

Interesting, popped in to deni rovers/ Katamatite game a couple of weeks ago and overheard a bit of chat around the bar

Some tiger blokes were quizzing the rovers guys about where they see their club next year, as in whether they might be likely to join the others to break away.

They sounded pretty pissed off the way one of their members had been ‘reprimanded’ for speaking up about the league and reckoned they were in conversations with all those clubs who had been looking at that move for this year plus another one or two, the vibe seemed to be getting up a mainly Vic based comp with maybe one or two from NSW and that they were also looking at/ in discussion with a club or two from MFL currently struggling to be competitive big time atm and I think they said Murch/Toolamba and maybe one other close in KDL Club if they had strong junior numbers and programs in order to get enough teams to have a comp where everyone played each twice.
Probably just bar talk but was an interesting one…..

Interesting, popped in to deni rovers/ Katamatite game a couple of weeks ago and overheard a bit of chat around the bar

Some tiger blokes were quizzing the rovers guys about where they see their club next year, as in whether they might be likely to join the others to break away.

They sounded pretty pissed off the way one of their members had been ‘reprimanded’ for speaking up about the league and reckoned they were in conversations with all those clubs who had been looking at that move for this year plus another one or two, the vibe seemed to be getting up a mainly Vic based comp with maybe one or two from NSW and that they were also looking at/ in discussion with a club or two from MFL currently struggling to be competitive big time atm and I think they said Murch/Toolamba and maybe one other close in KDL Club if they had strong junior numbers and programs in order to get enough teams to have a comp where everyone played each twice.
Probably just bar talk but was an interesting one…..
😂 I can assure you are talking absolute bullshit and merely attempting to drive speculation, which your whole posting history suggests .
No member from Katamatite nor Deni Rovers have been reprimanded by the league for ‘ speaking up ‘.

Not much else happening on this thread! Cowley coming back from Goulburn Valley club Mooroopna, will be a very handy inclusion for Nathalia who are currently well in the mix and gaining momentum as the season rolls on. Won’t even bother responding to the pathetic second half of your comment, especially as a sponsor of the club...
Tonny boy isn't he??... wonder why he didn't go back there

Connection was I believe that he works in Nathalia for a local builder that also plays for the club, plus Nathalia assistant coach Luke McGill also a former Tonny boy from a few years back.
Tonny boy isn't he??... wonder why he didn't go back there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back