Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

how will tocumwal shape up next year, lost marg and clancy? what happened to them. weren't they in a grand final a few years back. fallen off the radar. Need a couple of big names from in town to bring some mates with them. Jarrod Kelly rumoured to be on the move. tough little onballer.

I was told that Dave Farrell could be headed to Melbourne.
Oak Park are said to have offered in the region of $500-$600 per game for his services? Is he really that good?

I was told that Dave Farrell could be headed to Melbourne.
Oak Park are said to have offered in the region of $500-$600 per game for his services? Is he really that good?

I think he is a quality player-hard worker and not flashy but a good leader and hard at the ball player. I think a very good pick-up for a club

any word on moama recruits, heard there chasing young john foskett from echuca bombers,

Did hear that yesterday, and also a rumour that Chris Eddy was heading back there. Taking some mates from Cohuna also? Any truth in all these rumours?

Wats goin on at Echuca United.??
I think leitchville gunbower have been talkn to more of ther players.
LG should be called Echuca United bcoz they have that many players from ther!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Heard Balrag Singh is signing at Barooga

FYI specially to those who have got no where else to go!

All is welcome - please PM me for futher info

The Fitzroy Stars FC are holding a BBQ to seek interest of potential players. The Northern Football League are seeking a list of potential players to coincide with our application, the NFL will be considering our entry into the NFL on Monday 10th December;

When:
This Wednesday 5th December 2007

Where:
Aborigines Advancement League
2 Watt Street, Thornbury

Time:
5.30pm Onwards

Supporters and any Interested Members are encouraged to come along, we hope to see you there.

LG should be called Echuca United bcoz they have that many players from ther!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Singh is a mercenary-money perhaps better spent on 3-4 players instead anyway he is on the GV site a bit so u could ask him-The Prince. As for United who are the players heading to L-Gunbower?

FYI.

Toc will start their pre season program on friday night 7-12-2007. 6 pm start at the footy club, stick around after for a few beers!

Gee toquick, better tell pos we've been on the track for a month, he better train them hard before xmas to catch up;)

Hey there Go Cohuna how are the kangas looking for this year, Hope they have a good year as i played a few games for them many years ago.
Is the Skunge Doyle still running around???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wouldnt know what hard training is would he Hank? haha.. I have been chatting to Purce a little and he is going pretty well up there!
I'm sure he will handle the sitting back and yelling out instructions well;). Yeah Percy is going along nicely, booked flights to head up there middle of Jan for a few days, should be good.

Hey there Go Cohuna how are the kangas looking for this year, Hope they have a good year as i played a few games for them many years ago.
Is the Skunge Doyle still running around???
Ohk awsum as.
Yeh they are looking pretty good.Will be more competitive and fitter as they have already commenced training. Skunge retired a couple of years ago but evryone round the club still pressures him to play again.He should he's an absolute gun.

is it true barooga's zane goodwin is off to tungamah??

Most likely true, and why wouldn't he go. With all Barooga's recruits from last season and this year, they could quite possibly be the only team to take the field without any player living in the town.

Recruits from last year - Byers, Harrap, Mason, Brophy, Bunge (Shepp) Liddell, Collins, Rattray (Seymour) along with Serong, Bigg, Galloway.
Throw in this seasons named recruits Gallagher, Robbins, Chapman. Then you have there rumoured recruits Balraj Singh, Saad Saad, Paul Scanlon, Anthony Mellington, Nick Allan, Jason Wild, and Dallas Gallagher's 2 brothers. Thats 11 from last season and 11 this season.

At the rumoured $2,000 a game some players are being offered, the locals would be mad not to look around.

Can anyone from Numurkah fill us in on the posts in the GVFL thread about Mark Brown going to play at Rocherster. is it true??? Would it be a loss for NUmurkah.

Can anyone from Numurkah fill us in on the posts in the GVFL thread about Mark Brown going to play at Rocherster. is it true??? Would it be a loss for NUmurkah.
Pretty sure his partner is a Rochey girl and has been keen on him to play there previous years.Would be a blow to Numurkah as they have picked a few good players up so far.

Most likely true, and why wouldn't he go. With all Barooga's recruits from last season and this year, they could quite possibly be the only team to take the field without any player living in the town.

Recruits from last year - Byers, Harrap, Mason, Brophy, Bunge (Shepp) Liddell, Collins, Rattray (Seymour) along with Serong, Bigg, Galloway.
Throw in this seasons named recruits Gallagher, Robbins, Chapman. Then you have there rumoured recruits Balraj Singh, Saad Saad, Paul Scanlon, Anthony Mellington, Nick Allan, Jason Wild, and Dallas Gallagher's 2 brothers. Thats 11 from last season and 11 this season.

At the rumoured $2,000 a game some players are being offered, the locals would be mad not to look around.

I agree that they have been very aggressive in their recruiting, but you might have tried to make it sound a bit worse than what it really is.

Pony Liddell will almost certainly return to Seymour, and Patrick Meat-Tray has already moved up to Cairns. Chewy Scanlon and Super Saad will be playing at Seymour again in 2008. Would be surprised if Collins stayed on board for next year.

Mellington has signed with Tocumwal in the last 48 hours and Nick Allan has already been told he is not required as they already have some good onballers.

You might want to rule out a few names from your list so it looks a bit more realistic. :thumbsu:

I agree that they have been very aggressive in their recruiting, but you might have tried to make it sound a bit worse than what it really is.

Pony Liddell will almost certainly return to Seymour, and Patrick Meat-Tray has already moved up to Cairns. Chewy Scanlon and Super Saad will be playing at Seymour again in 2008. Would be surprised if Collins stayed on board for next year.

Mellington has signed with Tocumwal in the last 48 hours and Nick Allan has already been told he is not required as they already have some good onballers.

You might want to rule out a few names from your list so it looks a bit more realistic. :thumbsu:

Nick Allen has been told he isnt required? I think you might be pulling yourself! No club would turn him away. He is a quality footy player and a great bloke around the club. I rate him better then a majority of Barooga's players.
As for Mellington signing at Toc that isn't correct either.

Nick Allen has been told he isnt required? I think you might be pulling yourself! No club would turn him away. He is a quality footy player and a great bloke around the club. I rate him better then a majority of Barooga's players.
As for Mellington signing at Toc that isn't correct either.

No need to start name calling Leeroy. ;)

Nick is a great bloke and a very good player. Problem is Barooga have ample onballers and not really looking to pay for another one. If he was going there for petrol money they would take him, but not prepared to pay him a whole lot to make it worth his while.

I'll stick by my call with Mellington for the time being, but appreciate that you are probably in a better position than me to know the real story. :thumbsu:

No need to start name calling Leeroy. ;)

Nick is a great bloke and a very good player. Problem is Barooga have ample onballers and not really looking to pay for another one. If he was going there for petrol money they would take him, but not prepared to pay him a whole lot to make it worth his while.

I'll stick by my call with Mellington for the time being, but appreciate that you are probably in a better position than me to know the real story. :thumbsu:

has anyone heard who is coaching finley and any pick ups

What a ridiculous post navy blue. Pull your head out of your ar#e and at least attempt to be factual with some names and $ figures. :thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back