Murray Football League (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murray Football League

willo1 said:
Mate you have just basically repeated your post from before^^, and i have answered all your questions and queries! Read my post 3 up from this.

Echuca's coach is Mark Heritage. He used to play for Echuca in thr GVFL but vame over to United. No. 23 is Anthony Baker, who also came over from Echuca.

littleskillsy said:
why would it be troy muir when they asked that. my name is will smith from Xavier College are these rumours true

i went to school with troy muir. bit older than me though.

Looks like Nathalia may have a bit of added depth, with the apparent signing of Rushworth Premiership player, and ex-Tongala and Rochester recruit, Troy Snelson..Very hard at it, fit and determined midfielder..Should provide a lot of grunt to the purps...

T.Perry said:
Looks like Nathalia may have a bit of added depth, with the apparent signing of Rushworth Premiership player, and ex-Tongala and Rochester recruit, Troy Snelson..Very hard at it, fit and determined midfielder..Should provide a lot of grunt to the purps...

Ahh just when i thought Nathalia couldn't get any stronger they go and pick up one, possibly two extra superstars. Sheesh!

Big reunion at Deni this weekend- 76,85,86,96 premiership teams. Dinner Friday and the game v Cobram on Saturday, with a few beers if the weather is warm enough! Any on here going?

nathalia haven't got their 2 new recruits just yet..Apparently Snelson's first clearance has been knocked back (he's putting in another one before this saturday), and the bullants are refusing to let Matty Pell go back and play for the purps...instead making him sit on the pine in the 2's..

Also, the purps might be in a bit of strife with regards to Pell playing the other week, apparently the bullants were supposed to fill out some forms and filled them out incorrectly...could be costly for the purps...

T.Perry said:
nathalia haven't got their 2 new recruits just yet..Apparently Snelson's first clearance has been knocked back (he's putting in another one before this saturday), and the bullants are refusing to let Matty Pell go back and play for the purps...instead making him sit on the pine in the 2's..

Also, the purps might be in a bit of strife with regards to Pell playing the other week, apparently the bullants were supposed to fill out some forms and filled them out incorrectly...could be costly for the purps...

Thanks for the update Tav. So does that mean that Nathalia could potentially lose the premiership points for that match?

willo1 said:
Thanks for the update Tav. So does that mean that Nathalia could potentially lose the premiership points for that match?

Yeah, it looks as though they will loose the pints against Rumbulara. I think Rumba will get them but i'm not sure.

Nathalia will be trying to do what they can to not loose the points but it doesn't look good.

journeyman said:
Yeah, it looks as though they will loose the pints against Rumbulara. I think Rumba will get them but i'm not sure.

Nathalia will be trying to do what they can to not loose the points but it doesn't look good.

The same thing happened to rumba last year, clint edwards played nth ballarat and rumba didn't do the appropriate paperwork and rumba lost the points against dookie.

i don't think rumba would like to receive the points that way, they would know how it feels to lose points. But hey you should make sure that the paperwork is completed properly before you play players.

boora said:
The same thing happened to rumba last year, clint edwards played nth ballarat and rumba didn't do the appropriate paperwork and rumba lost the points against dookie.

i don't think rumba would like to receive the points that way, they would know how it feels to lose points. But hey you should make sure that the paperwork is completed properly before you play players.

You're right, they have to make sure.

Just on Rumbulara, they cop a fair bit of flak but the people at Nathalia were full of praise for them when they played at Nathalia about two weeks ago.

They said they were doing great things for the community and were pretty strict on discipline.

Appartently two young blokes in the under-14s went a little crazy belting blokes etc but their umpire called off the game and those two were told not to come back to the club.

journeyman said:
You're right, they have to make sure.

Just on Rumbulara, they cop a fair bit of flak but the people at Nathalia were full of praise for them when they played at Nathalia about two weeks ago.

They said they were doing great things for the community and were pretty strict on discipline.

Appartently two young blokes in the under-14s went a little crazy belting blokes etc but their umpire called off the game and those two were told not to come back to the club.

they have been big on discipline this year, they have even told players that there not welcome where as in the past they would of just let it slide thats always a good thing.

The murray league has been good for the club and the general consensus amongst all clubs has been really good feedback.

It's just about breaking down the barriers that seem to exist between Koorie and non koorie people and that is something that rumba are continuing to do throughout the GV region and which will not only benefit rumba but the whole region.

Dallas Terlich, Phil Guthrie and Adrian Hickmott are proof of this and i heard a rumour that they may have an ex GVFL coach with AFL experience, has enquired about the CEO job at the club there just in talks with him at the moment so that will be a good thing of they pull that off.

boora said:
they have been big on discipline this year, they have even told players that there not welcome where as in the past they would of just let it slide thats always a good thing.

The murray league has been good for the club and the general consensus amongst all clubs has been really good feedback.

It's just about breaking down the barriers that seem to exist between Koorie and non koorie people and that is something that rumba are continuing to do throughout the GV region and which will not only benefit rumba but the whole region.

Dallas Terlich, Phil Guthrie and Adrian Hickmott are proof of this and i heard a rumour that they may have an ex GVFL coach with AFL experience, has enquired about the CEO job at the club there just in talks with him at the moment so that will be a good thing of they pull that off.

I must admit I too wasn't a big fan of Rumba for different reasons, but I too have heard they are really doing well under the guidance of Adrian Hickmott - not to mention Mr. Briggs who I've always said was the ideal man to have as a leader and president.

Doona2 said:
I must admit I too wasn't a big fan of Rumba for different reasons, but I too have heard they are really doing well under the guidance of Adrian Hickmott - not to mention Mr. Briggs who I've always said was the ideal man to have as a leader and president.

hickmott is real good for the club ie, ain't related and don't have ties with anyone and thats a good thing.

paul does alot of work for the club and cops heaps of **** from his own community/people, who just want to attack him every chance they get.

he is forever travelling up and down the hume highway trying to think of ways how to better the club and all of this is done out of his own pocket how many pople would do this.

The local koorie community are forever bagging the club and not wanting to support it, gee alot of other communities would love to have the club and paul doing that stuff in there regions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My tips for Round 13:
Deniliquin v Cobram
Nathalia v Moama
Finley v Mulwala
Barooga v Rumbalara
Echuca United v Tocumwal
Numurkah v Congupna
Tongala Bye

Deni easily over Cobram, Nathalia comfortably against Moama, Finley could push Mulwala at home, Barooga will bo too good for Rumbalara, Echuca United in a good game versus Tocumwal and Numurkah in a very close game against Congupna.

For those who hadn't noticed or heard, Nathalia have officially had their 4 pts taken off them from the game vs Rumbalara for not filling in the appropriate paperwork for Matt Pell from the Bullants to play that game.

T.Perry said:

It seems the purps got their man on the second attempt. MFL transfers list has Listed troy Snelson cleared to nathalia on June 29th.

Did he have a falling out with the club, or just getting on the Nathalia bandwagon?
Did he play on the weekend?

Sippawitz said:
It seems the purps got their man on the second attempt. MFL transfers list has Listed troy Snelson cleared to nathalia on June 29th.

Did he have a falling out with the club, or just getting on the Nathalia bandwagon?

I'm lead to believe that he played on the weekend, but I'm not too sure how he went..There are a whole lot of different stories as to why he left Girgarree to play for Nathalia, but I haven't spoken with him about it to get the complete story...I do know that his best mate (Walsh) plays for Nathalia, and that Troy does enjoy playing in successful sides (but who doesn't), and that there was a rumour that after the deadline, all of Girgarree's recruits were going to receive a massive pay cut...I'm guessing all of these factors played a part...apparently the purps weren't far off getting him at the start of the year, as well..

T.Perry said:
I'm lead to believe that he played on the weekend, but I'm not too sure how he went..There are a whole lot of different stories as to why he left Girgarree to play for Nathalia, but I haven't spoken with him about it to get the complete story...I do know that his best mate (Walsh) plays for Nathalia, and that Troy does enjoy playing in successful sides (but who doesn't), and that there was a rumour that after the deadline, all of Girgarree's recruits were going to receive a massive pay cut...I'm guessing all of these factors played a part...apparently the purps weren't far off getting him at the start of the year, as well..

there is a connection there with him and the nathalia coach brent smith playing a few years together at Tongala.

Sippawitz said:

Nathalia got Snelson a day before the cut off from Gigarre. I understand Snelson was unhappy at Gigarre because of promises they had made which he felt hadn't come through.

The Nathalia connection comes from Brendon Parker. Parker coached him at Tongala and Snelson has been keen to play with him again. Nathalia tried at the start of the year but he was offered big money at Gig.

Apparently he's a really good player and was impressive against Moama on weekend. Nathalia lack depth but with Snelson and Lucas in the team it sures them up a bit.

journeyman said:
Nathalia got Snelson a day before the cut off from Gigarre. I understand Snelson was unhappy at Gigarre because of promises they had made which he felt hadn't come through.

The Nathalia connection comes from Brendon Parker. Parker coached him at Tongala and Snelson has been keen to play with him again. Nathalia tried at the start of the year but he was offered big money at Gig.

Apparently he's a really good player and was impressive against Moama on weekend. Nathalia lack depth but with Snelson and Lucas in the team it sures them up a bit.

Hey journeyman - any updates on the Pell situation? Is he a chance to finish the year with the purps?

T.Perry said:
Hey journeyman - any updates on the Pell situation? Is he a chance to finish the year with the purps?

He played agiain on the weekend and went well. I'm still not sure what's going on. Apparently the Bullants have said he is a required player but he's played the past 3-4 for Nathalia.

The Bullants aren't looking out for him, they're only using him - you know what VFL clubs are like.

hey guys, can any one tell me if there is a limit of games you can in seniors so that you can play reserves finals...??? or if you play over a certtain number of games in seniors so that you can't play reserves finals... thanks

bomberboy_19 said:
hey guys, can any one tell me if there is a limit of games you can in seniors so that you can play reserves finals...??? or if you play over a certtain number of games in seniors so that you can't play reserves finals... thanks

From my time playing in the Murray FL (finished in 2004) I'm fairly sure that if you played more than 8 senior games you couldn't play reserves finals unless both senior and reserve teams where in the finals.

Don't quote me, as things may have changed but I'm pretty confident that was the ruling.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
CFScores:)

Does anyone have the official word on how the finals will operate this year, with a final 6 instead of 5?

Sippawitz said:
Does anyone have the official word on how the finals will operate this year, with a final 6 instead of 5?

This is how the finals opperate with the top 6:

Week 1: Elimination 3 v 6 & 4 v 5

Week 2: 1st Semi Final between the winners of Elim. Finals (Sunday) & 2nd Semi Final 1 v 2 (Saturday)

Week 3: Preliminary Final between the loser of 2nd Semi v winner of 1st Semi

Week 4: Grand Final between winner of 2nd Semi v winner of Preliminary

Hope that helps.;)

Driving force

July 7 2006
Shepparton News

The push to establish an Echucabased competition is being spearheaded by disgruntled Central Murray Football League clubs Leitchville-Gunbower, Koondrook-Barham and Cohuna.

The trio, along with Mathoura, Moama and Lockington-Bamawm United have spent the past six months exploring the logistics behind creating the league.

The working party recently released a three-page document outlining the possible framework, including minimum number of clubs, administration structure and even availability of umpires.

It is hoped the prospectus will help clubs make an informed decision about the new league.

FALLING FLAT

July 7 2006
Shepparton News

The push to establish a new Echucabased football league appears doomed.
A News survey yesterday revealed the ambitious proposal doesn't have the necessary support at club level to become a reality.

At least four of the 11 clubs pivotal to the project's success have indicated a reluctance to sever their current allegiances and form a new league.

The Deniliquin Rovers, Echuca United, Picola United and Tongala are all expected to reject an official invitation to join the new venture.

"We've talked about this on several occasions and we're absolutely not interested," Echuca United president Robin Rowbottom said yesterday.

"We're more than happy in the Murray league and we think this proposed move would be a big step backwards."

Deni Rovers counterpart Michael Fleming agreed, saying his club would prefer to remain in Picola District Football League.

"While we're not delighted with the current 15-club composition, we see our future in the Picola league," Fleming said.

"We think there would be too great a gap in the standard of the clubs earmarked for the Echuca league."

Deni Rovers, Echuca United, Picola United and Tongala have all been earmarked as potential foundation members of the proposed league, along with Pyramid Hill, Moama, Mathoura, LeitchvilleGunbower, Lockington-Bamawm United, Cohuna Kangas and Koondrook.

Victorian Country Football League official Alan Davies has spent the past week gauging the level of support that exists for the venture.

Davies, along with fellow VCFL representative John O'Donohue, has been pitching the new league to several clubs throughout the Goulburn Murray region.

The new league will only become a reality if at least 10 clubs pledge their support.

Davies said a vote would be taken by the end of the month and a definitive decision made one way or the other.

"By the end of July we'll know if we're going to push ahead or defer discussions for another 12 months," he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back